Thailand no longer "notorious" for pirated goods as tag removed by US

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully, I can find a Northface winter coat - seconds or knockoff (Goretex, zip out liner) for my significant other. The official coat is priced at 17,000 baht ($552.00) here in Chiang Mai. Righhhhttt, like I can afford that as a "fair" price. Made in Indonesia.

Edited by wwest5829

5 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Hopefully, I can find a Northface winter coat - seconds or knockoff (Goretex, zip out liner) for my significant other. The official coat is priced at 17,000 baht ($552.00) here in Chiang Mai. Righhhhttt, like I can afford that as a "fair" price. Made in Indonesia.

The fake logo won't keep her warm.  What's wrong with the same version without the logo? 

7 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Yup that's what i paid for a real one as well.

In the MBK they sold loads of knockoffs but the zippers were not good.

You can also search online and maybe find a cheap one there.

3 minutes ago, harrycallahan said:

The fake logo won't keep her warm.  What's wrong with the same version without the logo? 

The Thai need the same jackets as farang who wear them every day.

Has to do with face and so. They might even let the pricetag on it to show how expensive it was.

41 minutes ago, Thian said:

Yup that's what i paid for a real one as well.

In the MBK they sold loads of knockoffs but the zippers were not good.

You can also search online and maybe find a cheap one there.

Have not had luck finding the same coat online.

6 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Did they miss the fakes in charge. 

Do you mean the generals that were bought at a General Store by a previous government?  Too bad they didn't read the label.  Probably would have said Made in China, (note the preference  for Chinese trade) no warranty (that they will not attempt to take over the country).  The other generals that came with a brain, morals and ethics were just too expensive.

45 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Have not had luck finding the same coat online.

Then you go to those exportshops , they sell tnf jackets with a fleecevest inside for 2500....good enough for a thai who goes on holiday me thinks.

Dad, mam, I have good news, the american policemen don't consider me as a notorious w..re anymore! Good so girly, great, just hope you don't lose any customer with that, as we just ordered a new BMW, and we start building the pool next month... LOL, oh, what a bunch!

3 hours ago, Thian said:

Then you go to those exportshops , they sell tnf jackets with a fleecevest inside for 2500....good enough for a thai who goes on holiday me thinks.

...As long as the outside temperature doesn't drop under 10°C., what it does, in most European countries, at daytime, during the wintermonths... So, the usual BS, and on top of it 95+% of that stuff is not made in Thailand! China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Bangladesh, you name it, yet another 'war' the Thai ostriches lost to the Chinese merchants owning(!) their country... Never mind, just IMO... You're the best! LOL

Edited by bangrak

6 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

wow that's brill. my girlfriend bought me a Rolex watch for christmas ..now i know its a real one very happy . cant understand why she only paid 700 thb 

Because your girlfriend is 'clever' PEE TEE, not to mention 'thrifty' krub.