Label Printer Needed

Nikkijah

I need a label printer, it can be a big Zebra style printer or a small office/personal use printer, I've been to Pantip Plaza but the only one there was selling for B18,000!!! It was a business use printer but thats far too industrial for me

I've just checked on ebay and there is a perfect little number and it's only cheap, y concern with this is the availability of the labels when the supplied roll has run out - I'm not sure I'd find them out here...

Has anybody seen these for sale anywhere? Or does anybody have one they can sell me?

Thanks in advance!

Nikkijah :o

May you can use a simple DotMatrix printer and continous Labels which are available in a lot different formats. TKS for example will have those Labels in there program. As I know, they have special Label Printer as well.

But if you look for an Barcode Label Printer, that's a different story and much more expensive! Instead of using a Barcode Label Printer, you can use a Laserprinter also but the printer should be print on 1200 dpi because Barcode Labels need better quality. The Laser Printer Labels also available in many different formats. Evenb IT-City will have some of them, but the biggest Dealer is TKS.

I need a label printer, it can be a big Zebra style printer or a small office/personal use printer, I've been to Pantip Plaza but the only one there was selling for B18,000!!! It was a business use printer but thats far too industrial for me

I've just checked on ebay and there is a perfect little number and it's only cheap, y concern with this is the availability of the labels when the supplied roll has run out - I'm not sure I'd find them out here...

Has anybody seen these for sale anywhere? Or does anybody have one they can sell me?

There are several shops in Pantip selling thermal label printers, the kind you get on a roll. Labels can be ordered with pre-printed logos etc and in whatever size you can imagine from many print shops in town.

There are several shops in Pantip selling thermal label printers, the kind you get on a roll. Labels can be ordered with pre-printed logos etc and in whatever size you can imagine from many print shops in town.

That's right but the Price!! There're quiet expensive and you can use them for lable printing only while a Laser or DotMatrix printer you can use for additional print jobs also.

Edited by Reimar

That's right but the Price!! There're quiet expensive and you can use them for lable printing only while a Laser or DotMatrix printer you can use for additional print jobs also.

Thats right, like I said, they were B18,000

Reimar, what is TKS?

I already have a HP Deskjet 3845 which is good for photos and documents but when I try to print labels the feeders inside the printer can't catch onto the thick widht of the paper of the slippery surface of the back of the sheet :o

This is why I'm looking for only a label printer...

Edited by Nikkijah

I already have a HO Deskjet 3845 which is good for photos and documents but when I try to print labels the feeders inside the printer can't catch onto the thick widht of the paper of the slippery surface of the back of the sheet :o

This is why I'm looking for only a label printer...

TKS is a company with one officeat Suan Mali 2 Road (China Town) which is specialized in all kind of Stationary Paer and Labels. Go to: http://www.tks.co.th/en_profiles.html

A Inkjet is not very suitable for Label printing and I sugest a Laser Printer and the use of Laser Printer Labels!

If your Labels on very thick paper, you should us a printer which can print straith like an HP 6 Plus which you can get as 2. Hand at Pantip.

I use for my Office Labels a Lexmark 230 with Laserprinter Labels and never get any problems!

Depends on what kind of labels you are going to print. If static content, why not get pre-printed from a printing company? If you are going to print them on the fly, say one at a time with varying content then using a laser or inkjet is a huge waste as you have to print full sheets. Anyway, you can get a lot cheaper thermal label printers than 18k - you must have been looking in the wrong shop(s).

Depends on what kind of labels you are going to print. If static content, why not get pre-printed from a printing company? If you are going to print them on the fly, say one at a time with varying content then using a laser or inkjet is a huge waste as you have to print full sheets. Anyway, you can get a lot cheaper thermal label printers than 18k - you must have been looking in the wrong shop(s).

I use static and varying labels but use enough labels to finish a whole sheet in one go.

I looked in many many shops today, totally tired myself out looking too :D Please, if anybody sees something let me know :D

Nikkijah :o

If your Labels on very thick paper, you should us a printer which can print straith like an HP 6 Plus which you can get as 2. Hand at Pantip.

This is interesting but I'm a little concerned about the idea of it...

I've noticed that things here get used until they are worn to dust so second hand items are not sold or collected unless there is an issue with it which is un-noticeable upon first use/inspection - would you really recommend buying a second hand printer from Pantip?

This is interesting but I'm a little concerned about the idea of it...

I've noticed that things here get used until they are worn to dust so second hand items are not sold or collected unless there is an issue with it which is un-noticeable upon first use/inspection - would you really recommend buying a second hand printer from Pantip?

Cost for an imported 2. hand HP Laserjet 6P is around Baht 6,000 or Baht 5,000 for an imported with 110 Volt Power. If I need a Laserprinter for to print paper with an weight above 160 gr. I would definetly go for an HP 6P.

This printer hadifferent advantages: 1. printing from a draw; 2. printing from front to top; 3. printing from front to back (straith by); 4. around 3,500 pages per catridge or more.

The cost of this printer was as "little" as 26.000 up here in thailand!

If I may sell this kind of printer to my costumers, I'll check them and give after checking 6 month warranty by replacement, except the toner catridge that's sure!

The 2. hand price I shows above ist the cost price by an importer for an dealer. And I works with legal importers only!

I use static and varying labels but use enough labels to finish a whole sheet in one go.

I looked in many many shops today, totally tired myself out looking too :o Please, if anybody sees something let me know :D

Check in a shop called "Laser and ink" on the first floor (or mezzanine).

I looked in many many shops today, totally tired myself out looking too :D Please, if anybody sees something let me know :D

That name rings a bell, I may have already visited there :o I'll try again tomorrow though, just in case.

Thanks lingling

That name rings a bell, I may have already visited there :o I'll try again tomorrow though, just in case.

Thanks lingling

I tried Laser & Ink today and they gave me the same look as all the other 150 shops I asked in - that look that says, 'this world doesn't have what you want'

Thankfully another TV member has come up trumps with something affordable, fingers crossed...

I tried Laser & Ink today and they gave me the same look as all the other 150 shops I asked in - that look that says, 'this world doesn't have what you want'

In what language did you ask them? They had 7-8 models of thermal receipt/label printers in their shop yesterday...

In what language did you ask them? They had 7-8 models of thermal receipt/label printers in their shop yesterday...

Thermal receipt printers yes. I don't want thermal receipt printers. I want just a basic label printer.

I asked the guy who spoke nearly perfect English and he showed me what they had and the only one that was suitable was B23,000.

Edited by Nikkijah

Thermal receipt printers yes. I don't want thermal receipt printers. I want just a basic label printer.

I asked the guy who spoke nearly perfect English and he showed me what they had and the only one that was suitable was B23,000.

Ok, I probably misunderstood your question. My understanding was that you were going to print labels on the fly. For that purpose, a thermal receipt/label printer is excellent: fast, quiet and relatively cheap.

Ok, I probably misunderstood your question. My understanding was that you were going to print labels on the fly. For that purpose, a thermal receipt/label printer is excellent: fast, quiet and relatively cheap.

Fair enough, I'm just not prepared to pay B7-8-9,000 for a printer that only prints receipts and labels when I could spend half that getting a little personal use label printer from the UK(when my mum visits me next month :o )