Prayut remains silent on calls to suspend Prawit

webfact

The other issue is even if you believe him and he has borrowed 22 different watches from potentially multiple people and they really are not his -- there is a value to the loan in itself since it should be valued at the cost to rent something like that for an occasion (which could easily be 10% of the retail value for one occasion [including insurance etc.]).

I don't think any sane person could believe this lot are clean. In fact the military are probably the most corrupt of the lot. However, what was not expected was that they would be so in your face with their corruption. I doubt even their supporters could find an excuse for Prawit. 

This watch thing is only the tip of the iceberg.  The bank accounts, properties and various other assets held by the generals and their relatives (if revealed to the public) would make Prawit's watch collection seem the equivalent of mini lego set.  But out of sight is out of mind. So we have to hammer on about the matters we know about - which makes me wonder why there is no further news on Prayuth's brother's house. The fact of the matter is this will never be pursued. And Prawit will not lose his job. These men have no shame. And the irony is that most Thai people, and even many ex-pats have no idea what is going on, and have bought into the fake narrative they have created about cleaning things up. Talk about deflection. Maybe these clowns are smarter than we give them credit for!

On 1/17/2018 at 4:15 AM, spidermike007 said:

I don't think any sane person could believe this lot are clean. In fact the military are probably the most corrupt of the lot. However, what was not expected was that they would be so in your face with their corruption. I doubt even their supporters could find an excuse for Prawit. 

This watch thing is only the tip of the iceberg.  The bank accounts, properties and various other assets held by the generals and their relatives (if revealed to the public) would make Prawit's watch collection seem the equivalent of mini lego set.  But out of sight is out of mind. So we have to hammer on about the matters we know about - which makes me wonder why there is no further news on Prayuth's brother's house. The fact of the matter is this will never be pursued. And Prawit will not lose his job. These men have no shame. And the irony is that most Thai people, and even many ex-pats have no idea what is going on, and have bought into the fake narrative they have created about cleaning things up. Talk about deflection. Maybe these clowns are smarter than we give them credit for!

You know what they say those who go on about it all the time and name others for doing it I.E. Yingluck and Thaksin. Are the ones who are the biggest at corruption. Very funny these guys have never achieved anything in there life but become the biggest thieves in this neck of the woods. Its what the country does well

On 16/01/2018 at 10:39 AM, Misterwhisper said:

In the below post

Prayuth offered his definition of "Thai-style democracy" as being "...about how to make Thai people have a good understanding about democracy, and how to make Thai people do good things for good results for the country".

Why isn't Mr. PM for once actually heeding his own words and doing something good for the country, namely by firing and then prosecuting to the full extent of the law that leech, Prawit?

Because Prawit is his immediate boss, and would have been in Prayut's position in government if he didn't have such a 'great face for radio'.

Edited by Khun Han