webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I'm sorry, but to me that doesn't read like the definition of "democracy" but rather that of "fascism"; because isn't it in fascism where the people have to work for the good of the state and be subordinate to the state, whereas in a democracy the state is supposed to be working for the good of the people and actually serve the people.

No actually what you describe is maxism. Though the term fascism may indeed apply. 

Fascism is a way of ruling that advocates total control of the people. ... Fascism comes from the Latin fascio, meaning “bundle, or political group.” In fascism, the people are looked at as a bundle — one body that must be controlled by the government with absolute force.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

he wanted Thai people to have a good understanding of democracy and to do good things for the benefit of the ...

... good people.

The "good people" are those who are not bound by the Thai people's sovereignty, nor by their constitutions, laws and regulations.

Democracy
Form of government
Democracy, in modern usage, is a system of government in which the citizens exercise power directly or elect representatives from among themselves to form a governing body, such as a parliament. Wikipedia

Democracy also gives citizens the right to comment and criticize the Goverment Heads of state without fear or reprisal

19 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I think he means, democracy "The Prayut way" ! :coffee1:

Maybe.

But I guess you can agree with me if I state democracy in the west has degenerated into a periodical voting circus without any real influence for the people while big companies rule, while our original ideas of what democracy means doesn't seem to work outside the west.

For Asia may I point a finger at the ASEAN countries in general, where democracy as we want to see it is far, very far away, and it is highly debatable if democracy can work in Asia.

Maybe we should wait and see?

Simply grotesque for someone who seized power from a democratically elected government and intimidate the citizens to accept a highly skewed constitution favouring non elected officials to define democracy. He simply has no legitimacy to talk about democracy. Just do your job and facilitate the path to the next election and stop meddling in the laws to gain advantage to sneak in by the backdoor as the next PM. History will be kinder to you if you stop pretending to be a politician. 

He explained that was why he chose the term “Thai Niyom”, which can be translated as “Thai-ism” or “the Thai way”, to describe the country’s democracy.

Niyom meaning "popular",  the word นิยม has to be translated simply by the word popular. So Thai Niyom what is popular in Thailand

But "which can be translated as Thai-ism  will be much loved by the many Thai-bashers :clap2:

15 hours ago, toughlove said:

Thailand has a long history of failed western style democracy. If they are EVER going to embrace democracy it must be a modified version.

Many people here been saying this for many years but get smacked down by the rose glasses brigade.

I'm very curious to see the details but will hold my judgment until then

No doubt the TV crystal ball holders will keep kicking and screaming.

14 hours ago, toughlove said:

Conspiracy theories vs cliche.. Same same but different.
The facts speak for themselves. There has never been a period of calm and acceptance of western democracy here NEVER has NEVER will.

Your example of fair elections.. Cough cough.. Does not equall democracy done deal. You certainly come across as nieve to put it politely

Thailand has a long history of entrenched elites doing everything they can to resist any transition to a Western style democracy and an erosion of the Sakdina social system. Democracy has never been allowed to evolve and settle.

Your cock sure statements that Western style democracy "NEVER" will be accepted here are quite funny in their cluelessness. You come across as one of those two week holiday tourists who know it all and that everyone tries to avoid.

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

Maybe.

But I guess you can agree with me if I state democracy in the west has degenerated into a periodical voting circus without any real influence for the people while big companies rule, while our original ideas of what democracy means doesn't seem to work outside the west.

I for one don't agree and I think I have the majority on my side. Your false take on democracy has made you come to accept military rule as an acceptable alternative and that's just sad (to put it politely).

BTW, most of South America is democratic, some African nations are and in Asia you have Japan, Korea and Taiwan. Seems to me that Asian nations are fully capable of being democratic and that you're just full of....you know.

" We must not forget the principles of democracy " he says.

Well,he can hardly forget considering he never knew what those principles are in the first place,still doesn't today,and is in no hurry to find out for future reference.

I for one don't agree and I think I have the majority on my side. Your false take on democracy has made you come to accept military rule as an acceptable alternative and that's just sad (to put it politely).
BTW, most of South America is democratic, some African nations are and in Asia you have Japan, Korea and Taiwan. Seems to me that Asian nations are fully capable of being democratic and that you're just full of....you know.
I agree with him

And go one step further. Thais need a firm hand, fully grown adults with the mindset of children we see this type of behavior daily in our interactions.

The current benign dictatorship is absolutely perfect and my observations are the Thais love it and remain well behaved

70 million thais are not quite because they are afraid, no way anybody could stop an uprising, they are quite because they are content.

19 minutes ago, toughlove said:

The current benign dictatorship is absolutely perfect and my observations are the Thais love it and remain well behaved

The Thais love it!

The Junta is so modest that they do all what they can to prevent them from expressing their contentment, by forbidding free expression as well as free and fair elections! :cheesy:

The Thais love it!
The Junta is so modest that they do all what they can to prevent them from expressing their contentment, by forbidding free expression as well as free and fair elections! :cheesy:
Free expression my ass! You are posting on a forum owned By the nantion newspaper without being suppressed.
Please let's keep it real. The junta do not allow protests. What would be the point if they allowed mass rallys and the usual killings and bombs. May as well leave the corrupt politicians in control.

7 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Please let's keep it real.

Yes, let's do that. And you claiming the Thais love the junta regime based on your ""observations" is not keeping it real - quite the opposite.

If the Thais love the regime the junta would have held elections ages ago to legitimize the only government in the world run by a military junta. That fact is so glaringly obvious it's funny how you junta fan-boys completely miss it:cheesy:

Just now, Becker said:

Yes, let's do that. And you claiming the Thais love the junta regime based on your ""observations" is not keeping it real - quite the opposite.

If the Thais love the regime the junta would have held elections ages ago to legitimize the only government in the world run by a military junta. That fact is so glaringly obvious it's funny how you junta fan-boys completely miss it:cheesy:

The only Thais that like the JUNTA. Are the filthy rich and peasants with absolutely nothing to loose.

The majority despise this man and would beg for even Thaksin now

So where are the rallies? Where is the underground movement gaining support from the masses?

Yep thought so, such a brutal regime [emoji23]

This is reality, the only people crying are jaded expats or mostly those abroad who sadly cannot let go of thailand.

39 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Free expression my ass! You are posting on a forum owned By the nantion newspaper without being suppressed.
Please let's keep it real. The junta do not allow protests. What would be the point if they allowed mass rallys and the usual killings and bombs. May as well leave the corrupt politicians in control.

You can twist it in any way you want, there is no logic in your position. As mentioned by Becker, if they were loved they would not be so afraid of free and fair election (which the next one won't be, in case there is any).

Now if you want to get real, there are plenty of facts here (I just mention here 1800 people trialed by military courts with no appeal possibility). It also answers your next post about why there are no rallies, etc...

Now, please, explain us precisely what is not "real" in this report:

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2017/country-chapters/thailand

Edited by candide

You can twist it in any way you want, there is no logic in your position. As mentioned by Becker, if they were loved they would not be so afraid of free and fair election (which the next one won't be, in case there us any).

Now if you want to get real, there are plenty of facts here (I just mention here 1800 people trialed by military courts with no appeal possibility). It also answers your next post about why there are no rallies, etc...
Now, please, explain us precisely what is not "real" in this report:
https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2017/country-chapters/thailand

Errrm trials are not convictions. Get back to us with real numbers eh?

You can't not stop a popular uprising. People are prepared to die for the cause and we have seen that in recent history

But not the the Thais so you must be suggesting they are cowards? I strongly disagree with you they are most definitely not. Which brings me back to being content

What are they fearful of when there is nothing to fear?

Your obviously OS! Anybody living here could knows their life hasn't changed one... Little.... Bit!!

3 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Errrm trials are not convictions. Get back to us with real numbers eh?

You can't not stop a popular uprising. People are prepared to die for the cause and we have seen that in recent history

But not the the Thais so you must be suggesting they are cowards? I strongly disagree with you they are most definitely not. Which brings me back to being content

What are they fearful of when there is nothing to fear?

Your obviously OS! Anybody living here could knows their life hasn't changed one... Little.... Bit!!

Blah blah!