Actor Alec Baldwin defends film maker Woody Allen as Hollywood backs away

webfact

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The idea of sexual harassment in the US, has passed all reasonable boundaries. When Matt Damon recently came out and stated that there was a big difference between a little pat on the butt, and forceful rape, he was nearly crucified by some women in Hollywood, (especially the shrill, elderly, and way, way, way past the sell by date Minnie Driver). That alone demonstrated to the most reasonable mind, how far out of control this "war on men" has gone. It is beyond ridiculous. It is petty, silly, surly, and just plain old dumb. Not to say there are not men who deserve it. But, a pat on the butt, or a man putting his hand on a woman's thigh, when they are engaged in a friendly conversation is NOT the same as forceful rape and may not constitute sexual harassment. And yes, I would feel the same way if it happened to my daughter. Give me a break. This whole situation is stupid. American men have been emasculated already. Now, it is getting so extreme, pretty soon it might be illegal to even possess a male organ in the US. 

Catherine Deneuve recently signed a letter with 100 other French women, warning American women that they are on the verge of something horrific. That they are pushing men into being something alot less than men. Of course, they did not get it, at all. And they put so much pressure on her, that she had to make somewhat of a retraction. UGH. 

So, I propose this. When a woman accuses a man of "sexual harassment" the burden of proof lies on her. She has to demonstrate some evidence. Otherwise, it is he said, she said. And in the US, she said always wins out. In Canada a recent case of harassment was made, and the woman was asked to prove it. When she could not, she was sued for libel, and the man won. Hurray!

It is the utter embodiment of a nation that has lost it's footing, has really never found it's identity, and has a population of women, 90% of whom, have no ability, willingness, wherewithal, or desire to connect with, manifest, or embody their inner woman, or express femininity for anything other than personal gain. The US is  on the decline, and has been for the past 30-40 years. It is the Western Roman Empire, in the late 5th century AD, prior to Odoacer marching on Rome. 

No matter what any fool says, there is no making American great again. Ain't gonna happen. Not in our lifetimes. The direction that country is going in, is irreversible. It is sinking into a wormhole of it's own making. Gorging on reality TV for three decades is a large reason for it. An impotent class of millennials, a completely broken political system, populated by whores on both sides of the aisles, who worship at the feet of a golden calf (lobbyists and the NRA), a completely re-populated political swamp, division, hatred, xenophobia, a completely broken immigration policy (how can you possibly discuss illegal immigration, when you are unwilling to discuss fixing legal immigration?), the astonishing exodus of industry, and more. I could go on for days.

I am an American. I own a business in the US. I spend time there annually. I am not just making this crap up. I have seen it firsthand. It is NOT the nation I knew as a young man. It is a land of bitter, disenfranchised, disillusioned, joyless, unfulfilled people, for the most part. There are exceptions, of course. But, I would say unless you are in the top 5%, the quality of your life has diminished so significantly in the past couple of decades, it is beyond recognition. And the American women, are perhaps the greatest representatives of this malcontent, bitter attitude. Now, Me too has given them a platform to express their hatred of men. 

I feel extremely fortunate to have escaped. And my heart goes out to many of those men that remain. 

Post of the thread! Thanks for rationally stating what most here should at least be thinking. but sadly are not. The quick trigger "holier than thou" crowd here on TV are almost as nauseating as in the USA. :sick::bah:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, JCauto said:

Because, you know, divorcing your wife and marrying her adopted daughter who's 35 years younger than you and who was a teenager when you met is totally not creepy.

Woody Allen was never married to Mia Farrow. She was only a casual girlfriend and NEVER stayed overnight at his apartment.

He did marry the 26 year old adopted daughter of Mia and Andre Previn, and is still married to Soon-Yi Previn now his wife of 20 years. He allegedly started seeing Soon-Yi when she was 21.

Mia Farrow was a serial adulteress ..... the sort of woman most men would want to avoid these days. 

I think that it is also worth noting about how the libel laws work in say the US compared to say the UK, which is why we have seen so many accusations in the US and very few elsewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong, but basically with libel in the US it is up to the accused to prove the accuser is wrong and then sue but in the UK it is up to the accuser to prove in court that they are correct...hence media outlets are much more careful with what goes to press.

13 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Woody Allen was never married to Mia Farrow. She was only a casual girlfriend and NEVER stayed overnight at his apartment.

He did marry the 26 year old adopted daughter of Mia and Andre Previn, and is still married to Soon-Yi Previn now his wife of 20 years. He allegedly started seeing Soon-Yi when she was 21.

Mia Farrow was a serial adulteress ..... the sort of woman most men would want to avoid these days. 

Nice summary. Thanks for that. Now, the Quakers, Puritans, and fundamentalists can stop harping on him. What he did was unconventional. Some might call it a betrayal of Mia. But, that is about it. Nothing illegal about marrying your step daughter. Strange I admit. But it does not rise to the level of rape, and these dim witted extremists, like Rosie McGowan and Minnie Driver are pushing the envelope way, way too far. Already, most American women are stripped of the ability to have a good, healthy relationship with a real man, due to their incessant need to emasculate him, on every level, except castration. Now, it is getting to the tipping point. Just watch. There will be a backlash. I cannot wait for that. 

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Personally, I'd avoid a man who had sex with his adopted daughter. 

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Woody Allen didn't have sex with his adopted daughter. He has however, with his wife of 20 years, adopted two daughters.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

OK, let me rephrase...I would avoid any and all contact with any piece of filth who sleeps with the adopted daughter of his long term partner...

Whether or not they later marry, whether or not they stay together, it is creepy at best...

31 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Personally, I'd avoid a man who had sex with his adopted daughter. 

But Soon-Yi Previn was not Woody Allen's adopted daughter.

She was the adopted daughter of Mia and Andre Previn..

Nor was Mia Farrow ever his partner, she was a woman he used to bang on a casual basis.

Usually you would let a 'partner' sleep over.

I don't call women I take to short-time hotels my 'partner', there is another name for them.

OK, let me rephrase...I would avoid any and all contact with any piece of filth who sleeps with the adopted daughter of his long term partner...

Whether or not they later marry, whether or not they stay together, it is creepy at best...

Fair enough. Sometimes people can't help who they fall in love with. I expect Woody might avoid you too!

...when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we’d go to Paris and I’d be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains.

For as long as I could remember, my father had been doing things to me that I didn’t like. I didn’t like how often he would take me away from my mom, siblings and friends to be alone with him. I didn’t like it when he would stick his thumb in my mouth. I didn’t like it when I had to get in bed with him under the sheets when he was in his underwear. I didn’t like it when he would place his head in my naked lap and breathe in and breathe out. I would hide under beds or lock myself in the bathroom to avoid these encounters, but he always found me. These things happened so often, so routinely, so skillfully hidden from a mother that would have protected me had she known, that I thought it was normal. I thought this was how fathers doted on their daughters. But what he did to me in the attic felt different. I couldn’t keep the secret anymore.

When I asked my mother if her dad did to her what Woody Allen did to me, I honestly did not know the answer. I also didn’t know the firestorm it would trigger. I didn’t know that my father would use his sexual relationship with my sister to cover up the abuse he inflicted on me.

Allen refused to take a polygraph administered by the Connecticut state police. Instead, he took one from someone hired by his legal team. The Connecticut state police refused to accept the test as evidence.

Allen subsequently lost four exhaustive court battles—a lawsuit, a disciplinary charge against the prosecutor, and two appeals—and was made to pay more than $1 million in Mia’s legal fees. Judge Elliott Wilk, the presiding judge in Allen’s custody suit against Farrow, concluded that there is “no credible evidence to support Mr. Allen’s contention that Ms. Farrow coached Dylan or that Ms. Farrow acted upon a desire for revenge against him for seducing Soon-Yi.”

In his 33-page decision, Judge Wilk found that Mr. Allen’s behavior toward Dylan was “grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her.” The judge also recounts Farrow’s misgivings regarding Allen’s behavior toward Dylan from the time she was between two and three years old. According to the judge’s decision, Farrow told Allen, “You look at her [Dylan] in a sexual way. You fondled her . . . You don’t give her any breathing room. You look at her when she’s naked.”

19 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

But Soon-Yi Previn was not Woody Allen's adopted daughter.

She was the adopted daughter of Mia and Andre Previn..

Nor was Mia Farrow ever his partner, she was a woman he used to bang on a casual basis.

Usually you would let a 'partner' sleep over.

I don't call women I take to short-time hotels my 'partner', there is another name for them.

As for you [a married man I seem to recall you saying] taking women to short time hotels and clearly having contempt for them...I can't express how I feel about that, but feel it I do.

8 hours ago, JCauto said:

True, but it makes one very nervous about the allegations that he was messing with an even younger one. I would completely understand backing away from a guy whose behaviour is already clearly borderline when there are other allegations out there, that's just managing risk. The people backing away from him are not outside his house with pitchforks, they're choosing not to associate with someone who may well be dodgy now that those who previously have operated with impunity have lost it. So nobody is persecuting him, he's enjoying the fruits of his actions. Don't act creepy, and people won't treat you like some creep.

So, according to your theory, every man who ever came to Thailand and had it away with a much younger woman should also be put on the Times Up list?

My name would probably be at the top.:cheesy:

9 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

This is turning out, predictably, to be a McCarthy style witch hunt where anyone who could possibly be guilty is branded.

Not on allen, it was  a long time ago and nothing was done. It is suposed to be one of the reasons mia farrow divorced him, He married his adopted daughter, im sure the first time he did anything was on the wedding night.

9 minutes ago, car720 said:

So, according to your theory, every man who ever came to Thailand and had it away with a much younger woman should also be put on the Times Up list?

My name would probably be at the top.:cheesy:

In this case we're talking about his daughter who was 7 years old at the time.

49 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Fair enough. Sometimes people can't help who they fall in love with. I expect Woody might avoid you too!

I'd say everyone should avoid ''falling in love'' with their partners adopted child.

I'd be extremely happy to know allen is avoiding me, coming into contact with those who acted as he did, would make me feel polluted.

24 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

Not on allen, it was  a long time ago and nothing was done. It is suposed to be one of the reasons mia farrow divorced him, He married his adopted daughter, im sure the first time he did anything was on the wedding night.

Read the thread and see what has been revealed.

1 hour ago, USPatriot said:

She didn't divorce him, she was married to Andre Previn not Woody Allen.

I have never quite understood why people can't separate a person from their art or craft.   I don't agree with my doctor's politics, but he's a good doctor.   I don't agree with a lot of things that actors/directors/producers do, but their body of work may be excellent.  

Woody Allen is particularly talented with his craft.   I doubt I would like him in person (and probably vice versa).

11 hours ago, Air Smiles said:

Allen refused to take a polygraph administered by the Connecticut state police. Instead, he took one from someone hired by his legal team. The Connecticut state police refused to accept the test as evidence.

Allen subsequently lost four exhaustive court battles—a lawsuit, a disciplinary charge against the prosecutor, and two appeals—and was made to pay more than $1 million in Mia’s legal fees. Judge Elliott Wilk, the presiding judge in Allen’s custody suit against Farrow, concluded that there is “no credible evidence to support Mr. Allen’s contention that Ms. Farrow coached Dylan or that Ms. Farrow acted upon a desire for revenge against him for seducing Soon-Yi.”

In his 33-page decision, Judge Wilk found that Mr. Allen’s behavior toward Dylan was “grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her.” The judge also recounts Farrow’s misgivings regarding Allen’s behavior toward Dylan from the time she was between two and three years old. According to the judge’s decision, Farrow told Allen, “You look at her [Dylan] in a sexual way. You fondled her . . . You don’t give her any breathing room. You look at her when she’s naked.”

And yet she kept on going back again and again.If that story is true then Farrow is the abusive one.

Archived