Unhappy Ending For Sleazy Khaosan Movie Set

webfact

very stupid and arrogant to film dirty movies in broad daylight in a backpackers street. why to insult thailand like that?

they could go filming this trash in soi cowboy at night, but no, they had to do it in an insulting way,

and they got what they deserve. i hope they will pay huge fines and get kicked out of thialand for 20 years.

and for those who say that thailand has a big sex industry anyway - the biggest and richest 

sex industry is the USA sex industry. that's where all this shit starts.

pattaya was a peacefull fisherman village until it became a R&R place for american soldjers

during vietnam war. so now this stupid indians bring it on in quasan rd. ?

go to hell...or mumbay...not much different.

"No Sex Please,  We're British Thai". At least that's what we tell people in front of the cam, while Thailand's sleazy image is well-known around the world. Will Thailand ever have sex shops, selling sex toys or R-rated movies? C'mon, Thailand, it's nice to dote on the past, but this is the 21st, not the 19th century...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

5 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

"No sex, we're English Thai." At least that's what we tell people in front of the cam, while Thailand's sleazy image is well-known around the world. Will Thailand ever have sex shops, selling sex toys or R-rated movies? C'mon, Thailand, it's nice to dote on the past, but this is the 21st, not the 19th century...

thailand sleaze image in only in your sleazy head. thai people are usually conservative and quiet.

why to anger them for some bullshit movie?

10 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

thailand sleaze image in only in your sleazy head. thai people are usually conservative and quiet.

why to anger them for some bullshit movie?

Yes, I can see that in Nana, Soi Cowboy, Patpong, or the brothels all over Thailand. Plus 'friendly young man' who offer mothers to 'take care' of their 15-year old teenage daughters...

And of course, asking people back home, what image they have when they hear 'Pattaya' or 'Bangkok', I am regularly told 'monasteries', 'nuns', and 'temples'... :smile:

6 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Yes, I can see that in Nana, Soi Cowboy, Patpong, or the Thai brothels all over Thailand. Plus 'friendly young man' who offer mothers to 'take care' of 15-year old teenage girls...

THAT'S what i said. YOU see it. i don't see it cause i am not looking for it.

see what i'm saying?

you are dirty that is why you see dirty things.

bangkok is way much bigger than nana, soi cowboy and patpong.

but you are too small to see it.

and about the thai man who offer mother to "take care" of their 15 yo girl - i hope

the police will get you soon and throw you into a cage.

4 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Yes, I can see that in Nana, Soi Cowboy, Patpong, or the brothels all over Thailand. Plus 'friendly young man' who offer mothers to 'take care' of their 15-year old teenage daughters...

As you seem to visit Nana , Soi Cowboy and Patpong is understandable why you think that Thailand is sleazy

10 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

and about the thai man who offer mother to "take care" of their 15 yo girl - i hope

the police will get you soon and throw you into a cage.

I was present at the time (but didn't understand the conversation in Thai then), but the mother told me about it later. If I had known what the guy was talking about, I would have called the cops. Sadly, I heard from others that this is not a single such incidence, but, sadly, quite common.

It was in the news this morning and I'm just wondering who's staying with all these fishermen's wives now? 

The biggest joke was when they're upset about sex toys, stuff anyone can buy at Sukhumvit road in all sizes. 

Again, foreigners made something Thailand is best known for it. And that's sex and everything that coincides with it. 

The mind boggles.//

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

The filming permit was issued on the understanding that the film would portray Thailand in a positive way , as the filming did not portray Thailand in a positive way, the permit was withdrawn

Absolutely, have to agree with you: 
the set was aiming to portray China and therefore cannot positively portray Thailand so the project should not have gotten a permit but since it got a permit we decided that it is about Thailand anyway portraying certain behavior that certain tourists come to Thailand for in masses and that, therefore, does not require additional publicity in view of existing capacity constraints.
;-)

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

The biggest joke was when they're upset about sex toys, stuff anyone can buy at Sukhumvit road in all sizes. Again, foreigners made something Thailand is best known for it. And that's sex and everything that coincides with it. 

The mind boggles.//

Foreigners made sex ?

On their own ?

If it were not for Thais' pathetic preoccupation with face and image, Thailand would be richer, safer and smarter. Anyway, on the bright side it it keeps prices of Thailand's reputed attractions within reason, though not necessarily for the benefit of the natives.

Edited by eddie61

Obviously, no one in the current government has been to Soi Cowboy.  No doubt, they would be "Shocked! Simply Shocked!"

Then they're retire to their favorite karaoke bars and Aap Ob Nuat parlors to have a rollicking good laugh. 

Just now, connda said:

Obviously, no one in the current government has been to Soi Cowboy.  No doubt, they would be "Shocked! Simply Shocked!"

Then they're retire to their favorite karaoke bars and Aap Ob Nuat parlors to have a rollicking good laugh. 

And Omg, best not let Miley Cyrus into the country for a tour.  :tongue:

Amazing Thailand!!

Based on the photos and video posted, the video seems quite tame.  There is a lot more action every night on Walking street!  The Thai governmental agencies are so uptight concerning Thailand's well known image as the sex capital of the world.  If the government truly wants to end police corruption and improve the country's reputation, they can easily plow under Walking Street and turn it into a street market.