Pakistani man arrested over forging passports, visa stamps in Bangkok

webfact

4 hours ago, ebean001 said:

Folks, we may see forging passports have a not so large penalty but if we can find out who he is making this passports for then. either

1. small penalty because he is just trying to get good friends here from a tortuous situation in their country.

2. large penalty because really bad people with really bad intentions were trying to get into Thailand/elsewhere.

3. even the death penalty for a huge terrorist attack being planned 

Really surprised that he could hold on for 10 years before being caught as monitored as Thailand seems to be...

There are such rats who make the world an insecure place to live in regardless the basic intention of this activity...

1 rat down and hopefully on his way to the cage he deserves to be in...;)

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

The Singapore passport is very popular for forgers as it is the second best in the world for visa free access to other countries and holders are generally accepted without close scrutiny.. They do however, have biometric versions and special security features. A forged document wouldn't pass inspection at most modern airports and countries.

I wonder if they would try to use the fake ones just to see how good they are. Seems to me like it would be beneficial 

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Bearing in mind that all but one of the terrorists' passports were destroyed, where did you get that gem of information from and how do you know as much about it as you claim?

Waiting for the answer to this. Good post

5 hours ago, peterb17 said:

I’m mystified- I thought it was not so easy to fake a passport- there are security measures to prevent you just scanning and printing- the paper itself cannot be easy to obtain . Then these days you have the biometric chip. 

Are some passports lacking in these sorts of security measures? 

Or is that immigration simply does not have the time or expertise to check the validity.

At some stage maybe the Kingdom will move on from rubber stamps ? But those whole page sticky visas do rapidly take up your passport pages. 

He's been in Thailand 10 years, with money you can buy anything in Thailand you need..........anything.  If they don't have it, they'll get it for you.

Mohamed , I believe anyone and I mean anyone with the name starting with "Mohamed" should be on the 10 most Suspicious list for starters. Aside from that Allah Akba," = "god is great" but as an ISIS I need to make extra pocket money to pay for more guns and bombs. Makes sense? Of course not!

8 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Depends on whether the guy is more frightened by the police or the "recipients." He may or may not be eager to tell the police who his clients were and where they can be found if it would mean a shorter sentence or other penalties for him. Since the police were aware of what he was doing they probably have a good idea of who some of his clients are.

I am certain all police agencies are not releasing what they learned. And we may or may not hear of more related arrests in the future. I am actually surprised they released as much info as they did

10 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Don't the Thai police have persuasive means  of extracting information from suspects?

They sure seem to have, just about everyone confesses and that certainly doesn't happen in the 'real' world.  Wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall in one of their 'interrogation rooms', to see for myself how they can be so persuasive.

Good job. Anyone who knows terrorism knows that a big part of it is identities, passports and ID's. Seen plenty of photos of dozens of fake passports around the ME. It's nearly always a part of most organized plans and crime. Also uniforms and vehicles. Not so difficult to do for them and quite difficult to defeat. 

On 1/20/2018 at 11:22 AM, peterb17 said:

I’m mystified- I thought it was not so easy to fake a passport- there are security measures to prevent you just scanning and printing- the paper itself cannot be easy to obtain . Then these days you have the biometric chip. 

Are some passports lacking in these sorts of security measures? 

Looking at the pics, Singaporean passports seem to be popular with forgers; I wonder why. 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:49 PM, cookieqw said:

No chance of him being detained what with all the intel they can get by monitoring him. Surprised it’s public knowledge tho !

It was a big story in its day, i knew the man that went to an Embassy ( I shall not name the pratts) told them what was going on, they thought he was a nutter because obviously they know more than anyone else what's going on (NOT), then all because of someone getting nabbed at the airport with a fake stamp and a couple of East Asian "Tourists" he then grassed up the mob operating the passport, trafficking, stamps, you name it mob....... Not the end of the story, the guy that grassed them up did it to a citizen of the good old USA,( As the previous Embassy wouldn't touch it), who's virginia farm boys jumped all over the place with the result that the boss grassed the whole mob up for a deal, and as i say, he's still in Thailand roaming wild and free....... Are you getting the picture now that you might not know where you're living ?    And this is all true............  100%