A Boeing 747-400 assembled south of Pattaya

JohanB

It is not the same 747 discussed in that thread. That was just some 747 piecies from an "Orange Air" one. 

This is a complete former Thai Air Boeing 747-400, painted in Thai Air colors, being set up in a field on its landing gear, exactly at the position given in the first photo!

There for anyone to see, just right turn around 3 km down the 322 from the Suk3 / 322 intersection in Bang Sare.

IMG_0835.thumb.JPG.5fe12b66a82c1031486c63a46ecb6c08.JPG

23 minutes ago, camtractom said:

My guess is that it is either going to be somebody's home or a restaurant maybe. Pretty unique if so.

Not that unique. There is another one on the 346 to Kanchanaburi. Just sitting there in the middle of nowhere by the side of the road. Not a restaurant or anything as far as I can see. Been there a few years now but how it got there and what the story is I have no idea.

Interesting if you google "buy scrap 747", as low as $75,000 for one that doesn't fly. Around $150,000 worth of aluminium in one. Or one that flys $300,000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-SALE-Retired-BOEING-747-400-Air-frame-VIRGIN-ATLANTIC-LADY-PENELOPE-/272253624084?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Yes, apparently you can buy a 747 on ebay, I had only ever heard of aircraft carriers.

52 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Interesting if you google "buy scrap 747", as low as $75,000 for one that doesn't fly. Around $150,000 worth of aluminium in one. Or one that flys $300,000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-SALE-Retired-BOEING-747-400-Air-frame-VIRGIN-ATLANTIC-LADY-PENELOPE-/272253624084?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Yes, apparently you can buy a 747 on ebay, I had only ever heard of aircraft carriers.

This one arrived on an aircraft carrier, but I'm sure it wasn't floating.

12 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Being Patts it maybe a venue for the guys that cant afford to join the mile high club. 

The list of exclusive "adult entertainment establishments" in Pattaya is growing by the day. This would at least be unique. Rumours say that the advance bookings for First Class are flying in!

10 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

The interesting bit, how on earth did they get it there?

Yeah, wouldn't be easy. Apparently was broken into parts and trucked. On the photo you can see where the fuselage was cut.

I have it on good authority the selling price was 11.5M Baht. That seems roughly in line with PeterW42's ebay links.

13 hours ago, Denim said:

Not that unique. There is another one on the 346 to Kanchanaburi. Just sitting there in the middle of nowhere by the side of the road. Not a restaurant or anything as far as I can see. Been there a few years now but how it got there and what the story is I have no idea.

YEAH...I saw that one a couple of weeks ago..............could not believe what i was seeing STRANGE.............

15 hours ago, Denim said:

There's also one in Korat, known as Airplane Park Korat.

https://m.facebook.com/airplaneparkkorat/

Many thanks thedemon for the pictures. What a commitment to deassemble and move that mighty plane. I'm amazed by the sustained quality of the parts and inside decorations and that it looks so good.

It is also almost complete and not crippled as the Korat plane.

Would make an astonishing theme park with a restaurant & night club and  the upper deck VIP lounge. Just flip every second pair of chairs to make 4 seats tables together. Then the "captain/managers office" in the cockpit!

Great space for stage and tables on the lower deck. Please keep some outer over head storage bins, window panels and some toilets in place for the authentity of the room space.

Amazing!

Really wish them good luck going further with the project.

This absolutely beats the numerous strange roadside "sheep farms", with an ugly wind mill.....

Johan

Archived