Food For Foreigners new shop open!

xylophone

Now I am in no way associated with this business (FFF), however a friend told me about it and just this morning I went along to have a look at this new shop and was very pleased that I did.

It's been almost 34 years since I left England, however many of the items on sale here brought back memories........ Wagon Wheels, Heinz baked beans, Baked Beans with sausages, HP and Daddies sauces, Fray Bentos steak and kidney puddings, Yorkshire tea, a good selection of pies, from steak and kidney pies through to Cornish pasties and some absolutely fabulous bacon, a range of frozen sausages, jars of cockles, English pickled onions and so on and so on – – the list is far too long to remember or to publish here.

Not only was there a good selection of things from Blighty, the prices were very reasonable and far less than I had expected, so obviously I stocked up and I have to admit to throwing in a bag of Bassett's liquorice allsorts and a small box of Jaffa cakes (couldn't resist those in my younger days).

So where is it? It is south of the Chalong circle (the traffic around which was very reasonable this morning) about a kilometre or two down on the left-hand side in a enclave of offices and shops called Fisherman's Way 2. It doesn't seem very big when you first walk in, but the shelves are absolutely chocker with produce, as are the freezers and fridges. And for the record they also sell a range of men's and women's perfumes (don't ask me why).

I sincerely hope that the folks who have opened this succeed with it, because I need a place like this in which to vary my shopping..........

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Is it all things Blightly, or are there some foods from other countries?  It's on the correct side of Chalong circle, so a Makro, then FFF stop.

I did notice some stuff from Hormel and a few other labels I didn't recognise so quite poss that they do foods (and cheeses) from other countries.........however mostly Blighty I think you'll find.

14 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I did notice some stuff from Hormel and a few other labels I didn't recognise so quite poss that they do foods (and cheeses) from other countries.........however mostly Blighty I think you'll find.

42 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Is it all things Blightly, or are there some foods from other countries?  It's on the correct side of Chalong circle, so a Makro, then FFF stop.

Have just learned that the owner will be getting products in from other countries (Spain, Italy, USA, Russia etc) very soon.....and for those die-hards out there, he has ordered some kippers!

Probably a good idea to open something like this with the circle being congested for at least the next two years.  There's a lot of full time expats south of the circle.  If products and pricing is good, then Villa won't regain their customer base once ( or if) the circle is finished.

5 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

You sold me on the licorice. Wonder if they have Murray Mints? Will drive down that hellhole of a circle over the weekend and see.

They do have a selection of mints and mint eclairs that look familiar, but didn't notice the "too good to hurry mints"!!

Was also tempted to buy the Fry's Mint Creme..........

3 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Soooo.........  south of the circle or north of the circle. There are two Fisherman's.

As stated in my original post................So where is it? It is south of the Chalong circle (the traffic around which was very reasonable this morning) about a kilometre or two down on the left-hand side in a group of offices and shops called Fisherman's Way 2.

In the same Fishermans Way as the Eire (Irish) Consuls office.

32 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Was there today. Nearly exclusively British, and most of items on stock can be had at villa market as well for similar prices.

Won't be going back.

Yes, I was waiting for any sign that the foreign food was more international than just British.

Wasn't there someone who had  a similar business Patong some years ago?

I do have some very bad news: there's no Fry's Turkish Delight!

I have no idea whether my friend bought the entire supply or whether they never had any in the first place!

The products are definitely aimed at Brits and I'd say that whereas many of the items are available at Villa, there are enough that aren't to warrant a trip every so often.

If I ever spot any raw herring or smoked eels, stevenI, I will let you know!

5 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I have no idea whether my friend bought the entire supply or whether they never had any in the first place!

The products are definitely aimed at Brits and I'd say that whereas many of the items are available at Villa, there are enough that aren't to warrant a trip every so often.

Thanks, but don't eat any fish.

13 minutes ago, madmitch said:

If you see any kangaroo tails or emu drumsticks give me a cooee.

52 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Was there today. Nearly exclusively British, and most of items on stock can be had at villa market as well for similar prices.

Won't be going back.

He has stock on order from Italy, Spain, USA, France and a few other countries......so perhaps will be worth the wait.

Haven't seen a great deal of what he has available, in Villa Market.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Won't be going back.

Why would anyone target just this small demographic of the market, and also try to compete with big retail?  :crazy:

Had a look today its in the second fisherman's way  complex when heading south from Chalong circle, bought some bacon and sausages that Makro have been out of stock of for quite a long time, not anything else there that interests me,much better selection of foreign goods for sale at Villa Mart

They have a good selection of pies but they are small and overpriced at 95 baht IMO

Archived