Food For Foreigners new shop open!

xylophone

Why not just buy all one needs now and in the near future and put those in the home fridge?
Limited space on the bike with the other groceries.
I don't hide them all. Just a few for myself.
As stated above. Villa market would get things in and once its gone its gone for months.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, oilinki said:

Why not just buy all one needs now and in the near future and put those in the home fridge?

I made an original comment regarding them being too easy to get at, mainly because I have the willpower of a tame rabbit and if I see them easily available I take them.

Then with the best will in the world I put them in the freezer ready for "a later date", however my willpower being what it is, they are gone in a matter of a few days!!!!!

The best bet for me is to only find one and then take that home and  keep looking at it until my willpower breaks and I have to eat it.

No pork pies again yesterday. Delivered only on Mondays so finished by Sunday.  Given frozen pies then why not order a bit more. I suggested this to the Thai lady owner. I also gave her the Yorkie company details.

Just as a caution, check your bill. Was a big glitch with their bar code reader yesterday. Saying no more. Defamation ....  

On January 24, 2561 BE at 11:13 AM, Old Croc said:

I was wondering in which of the two Fishermans Ways they were located.

The map in their Facebook page gives a clue - they're 1 kg from the circle! 

It says Fisherman's way 2 South of the circle, does it get any clearer than this ? The original  Fishermans way is North of the circle

10 minutes ago, meinphuket said:

It says Fisherman's way 2 South of the circle, does it get any clearer than this ? The original  Fishermans way is North of the circle

Perhaps you should try to learn the difference between kg and km and try to develop a sense of humour,  mein friend.

Incidentally that specific about location didn't exist when I made that initial post. It's easy to be clever way after the event.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Perhaps you should try to learn the difference between kg and km and try to develop a sense of humour,  mein friend.

The kg is highly inaccurate way to measure. I mean, walking in tropics during daytime can be very sweaty exercise. It depends of the time of the day and the person's fitness.  

Is there a metric standard of the average distance a person need to walk before losing 1kg of weight or is that a part of the colonial units?

.. oh, I have nothing real to contribute. I just giggled how beautifully this topic has degenerated over the past two days. Let's not make this too serious, nai?

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Importing pork to Thailand is a bit like carrying coals to Newcastle.

Spam!     

Do they stock spam?

But then again Yorkies make a very good pork pie (in Pattaya) with Thai pork.........and some places stock them, but not this one at present!

However they do stock other similar products made here, so maybe Yorkies could be next?

Would be nice if the frozen products were better labelled by the manufacturers, no cooking instruction, no defrosting instructions and they don't show the ingredients.

Not getting on with cooking the sausages (Manston Pork Thin), defrosted first then shallow fried on low temperature and within seconds they curled up , I don't just mean they split they ended up a kind of sausage meat nugget. Tasted ok but not right, possibly the casings the ends were not sealed?? Maybe grill or oven is better.

South of Chalong Circle is almost inaccessible for those of us who live in Laguna. Villa Market in Boat Avenue will do!
You could take the coast road all the way to Rawai and bypass the circle mayhem entirely and visit FFF.
The drive is the grind, especially entering Patong.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, longklong said:

South of Chalong Circle is almost inaccessible for those of us who live in Laguna. Villa Market in Boat Avenue will do!

BTW Villa Market is worth a stop. It has 2 very good products. Franziskaner dark beer and crispy ham.

I live off Chaofa West, though if going to the Circle, I cross over to Chaofa East to approach it.   Although there are still queues getting to the Circle, not as bad as from the West, and certainly far few tour buses.   Obviously no option heading north again though.

Archived