bank letter

1 hour ago, merijn said:

The bank statement and certificate can be maximum 7 days old.

At most offices a bank statement is not needed. Just copies of the updated bank book on the date of application at many offices.

As said many want the letter to be the day before or on the date of application.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At most offices a bank statement is not needed. Just copies of the updated bank book on the date of application at many offices.

As said many want the letter to be the day before or on the date of application.

I only can comment for Phuket Immigration office.

There both bank papers are required and maximum 7 days old.

But the fresher the better :-)

I think it is a good idea to have the bank stamp your copies of your bankbook.  Notice, your bankbook pages are most likely already stamped.  My bank can't put a fresh date entry in the fixed book, without adding one for 50,000.. which you could take out the next day..but never been a problem for me...but FDs maturing during seasoning can cause much hassle..and I have warned, and people didn't listen.

2 hours ago, beavercreek said:

I think it is a good idea to have the bank stamp your copies of your bankbook.  Notice, your bankbook pages are most likely already stamped.  My bank can't put a fresh date entry in the fixed book, without adding one for 50,000.. which you could take out the next day..but never been a problem for me...but FDs maturing during seasoning can cause much hassle..and I have warned, and people didn't listen.

The bank letters have to be signed and stamped by the bank to be accepted by (Phuket) immigration.

3 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

The bank supplies the letter so they automatically stamp it.

You provide the bank book copies. Why would the bank need to stamp them ?

Some banks print out they statement from their computer and sign/stamp them.

Other banks make copies of the bank book and sign/stamp them.

Unfortunately not all banks sign or stamp the papers automatically the statements, so please check this when you are at the bank.