Father and son knocked off bike as pick-up flees scene and goes through red light

webfact

Father and son knocked off bike as pick-up flees scene and goes through red light

5pm.jpg

Source: Tnews

Dash cam footage doing the rounds of the internet showed a pick-up knock a father and his son off a motorcycle.

The dad was taking his boy to school along the Prachacheun Road in Bangkok yesterday.

The pick-up went wrongly down a coned off section of road meant for oncoming traffic. In attempting to get back in the correct lane he collided with the motorcycle and left the little boy crushed under the fallen vehicle.

5pm1.jpg

Rather than stopping the pick-up raced off and through a red light.

The number of the plate was clearly visible and has been given to police along with the footage in support of the father.

The footage was shared to the Jao Phor Clip Det site by "Aig-q Krittsuansombat" who said they were aiding in the inquiry.

Source: Tnews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-24

This is one of the examples which needs to be seriously addressed... Me First !!

I hope this drivers receives more than a '500 baht slap on the wrist' - he deserves a ban for dangerous driving - The child could have easily been killed and in other circumstances, in other news we read of the exactly the same road behavior resulting in the tragic deaths of an innocent. 

A couple of positive points:

The Child was wearing a Motorcycle Helmet - Kudos to the father. 

A lot of people stopped to help - Kudos to them.

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

Another mindless driver in thailand. The excuse: I was scared and drove away. Instinct in Thailand is running and not helping. That´s what everyone is so proud over and smiles everyday.

probably high on something and didn't want to risk being tested ..will return in a day or two when cleaned out and wai

that's along prachachuen road heading to ratchadaphisek. the driver of the black pickup wasn't paying attention and demonstrated the typical "me first" attitude. while the lane was meant for vehicles turning right (as seen from the road markings), the lane was clearly closed - from the cones, red X above the lane, and the huge metallic gray mazda pickup - clearly not enough to deter the driver. by the way, the dashcam video also serves evidence that the driver crossed a red light. not that it matters to thai drivers and BIB.

Edited by irwinfc

Just typical eh? Well, others here have said most of what I feel. Very good that everyone help and showed concern. I do hope the little boy didn't get his skin broken...he does seem to be okay (and the father, of course). Hope they track down the driver and give a license ban...his next venture might turn out deadly.

Fleeing the scene of an accident or running a red is NOT unusual behavior in the land of smiles.

The cop looked total bewildered and unwilling to get involved. Well maybe he could trace the plate number if law enforcement has suddenly become a priority for the police!

what is wrong with these people? aggressive driving, always looking to move into any gaps, endangering lives to shorten their journey time, jumping red lights, etc. is time really more valuable than lives in Thailand?

hope they catch that guy,i must say for those of us who navigate the morning traffic to get our kids to school, its a daily war,we must fight...now the newest enemy is the dreaded tour bus,racing to get the budget tourists to the early morning parasail...they park, blocking the views of busy intersections with no regard,force  their way into traffic, knowing ,they are the biggest bullie on the roads,and in some twisted mind set think they are providing a essential service to our community when all they are is a nuisance...to all the parents out their.saftey first...arriving to school late is ok...

2 hours ago, dvg said:

It looks like the camcar was from a cop and even he did nothing!!!

Police in uniform carry weapons in Thailand, he wasn't.  He was clearly able to see that the child was being looked after, perhaps his intention was to follow the pickup or look for it as he had it's number as he went in the same direction? 

As far as his "doing nothing!!!", did you miss this part deliberately..."The number of the plate was clearly visible and has been given to police along with the footage in support of the father"?

Edited by Just Weird

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

...or BMA officer?

Don't they wear a green badge on their arm?

The reason I say soldier is I asked one of my staff is married to a soldier and she said it was an army uniform, although to be fair she didn'tstudy it closely.