nVidia GTX1060

damole

I've been out of Thailand for a while but will be returning early next month and had already decided to upgrade my GTX760 to a GTX1060 in my gaming PC.  I just had a look on the Advice and JIB websites as well as Jedicool and TKCOM and I can't seem to find any.  Are they available?  Has Bitcoin mining depleted stocks?

Normally I would head straight up to Chiang Mai but if I need to stop by Panthip to pick up a card I will.

• Like 1

I've been out of Thailand for a while but will be returning early next month and had already decided to upgrade my GTX760 to a GTX1060 in my gaming PC.  I just had a look on the Advice and JIB websites as well as Jedicool and TKCOM and I can't seem to find any.  Are they available?  Has Bitcoin mining depleted stocks?

Normally I would head straight up to Chiang Mai but if I need to stop by Panthip to pick up a card I will.

I've seen that card up in Pattaya tukcom.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Try this:

http://www.jetcom.co.th/index.php?lay=show&ac=cat_showcat&l=2&cid=45875

http://www.jetcom.co.th/VGA/NVIDIA-GRAPHIC-CARD/GIGABYTE-GF-GTX1060-G1-GAMING-6GB.html

[email protected]

They understand and answer in English

I have good experience with them, especially the shop in Fortune 3rd floor

Edited by OneMoreFarang

If I open the Jetcom link and click buy the order only shows the shipping charge and no price.  I've since checked http://www.itcityonline.com/category/D6027

and Bananastore.  None are showing the 1060 models.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has actually seen one in a shop recently and whether the price is 50% above retail as they seem to be in other markets.

2 hours ago, damole said:

If I open the Jetcom link and click buy the order only shows the shipping charge and no price.  I've since checked http://www.itcityonline.com/category/D6027

and Bananastore.  None are showing the 1060 models.

But the Lazada IS showing the 1060 models.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has actually seen one in a shop recently and whether the price is 50% above retail as they seem to be in other markets.

Why does it have to be seen "in a shop." In other markets, would you have to see one "in a shop?" Is it required that you buy one from a shop?

Comparing online prices should be sufficient to answer your question. So all you have to do is find a card from the Lazada link I gave you and then compare that card w/ one from an online vendor "in other markets." Moreover, you can CALL invadit.com and ASK the price there.

But you said you'd already decided to buy one and you probably assumed that the prices were comparable, which they are. So you don't need really need to wonder, just go ahead and buy and stop wasting people's time here.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, damole said:

InvadeIT are out of stock as it seems is everyone else.  I guess maybe I'll have to hold off for a while.

https://www.pcgamer.com/its-a-terrible-time-to-buy-a-graphics-card/

Maybe one day the cryptocurrencies will crash and nobody will use the cards for mining anymore. I guess at that time there will be lots of cheap 2nd hand high end graphic cards on the market.

Maybe one day the cryptocurrencies will crash and nobody will use the cards for mining anymore. I guess at that time there will be lots of cheap 2nd hand high end graphic cards on the market.
Yes that was what they was saying on a website I was reading. I will be trying to pick up a cheap second hand one when that happens.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that info.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-is-it-finally-time-to-upgrade-your-core-i5-2500k

My current machine is based around a i5-2500K and so for now I've decided for now to upgrade the base and wait for VGA prices and availability to improve.  A Core i5-8400 with Asus TUF Z370 Pro GAMING motherboard and some DDR4 2666 RAM should give me a few more FPS and give me better storage options than my current Asus P8Z680-V motherboard has.

1 hour ago, damole said:

Thanks for that info.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-is-it-finally-time-to-upgrade-your-core-i5-2500k

My current machine is based around a i5-2500K and so for now I've decided for now to upgrade the base and wait for VGA prices and availability to improve.  A Core i5-8400 with Asus TUF Z370 Pro GAMING motherboard and some DDR4 2666 RAM should give me a few more FPS and give me better storage options than my current Asus P8Z680-V motherboard has.

If you want more FPS you need a (more powerful) graphic card. A different CPU, motherboard and RAM will make little difference.

Even a medium graphic card (maybe 3000B - 5000B) will make a bigger difference than CPU, motherboard and RAM combined.

If you want not only FPS but a faster computer in general then a SSD should be first on your list - in case you don't have it already.

Did you read the article?  There seemed to be some evidence that in certain situations there is an improvement in FPS.  As there are no real options in the market right now my only option is to wait. 

Edited by damole

I just visited Jet Computer in Fortune Town. I am a regular customer there and the sales guy told me the following:

They have several models for GeForce GTX 1050 and 1060 in stock. But they sell them only in compute sets (one PC, one card) and they don't sell just the card.

The best model they have in stock and sell just the card is a GeForce GT 1030 for 2,490B

I checked the Passmark G3D Mark benchmark for some comparison:

INTEL CORE I5-8400 with Intel UHD 630     1096

GeForce GT 1030                                             2293
GeForce GTX 760                                             4940
GeForce GTX 1060                                           8862
I just picked the first number I saw for each card, there will be different benchmark results for different models of this card.

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I meant keeping the GTX760 and improving the rest of the machine not using the IGP of the new i5.  I was just talking about squeezing a few more FPS out of my GTX760.

14 minutes ago, damole said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I meant keeping the GTX760 and improving the rest of the machine not using the IGP of the new i5.  I was just talking about squeezing a few more FPS out of my GTX760.

Did you try overclocking your GTX 760? Normally I avoid this but in this case it seems this is maybe the best way to get some more FPS - except if your card is already at the max. Just make sure to keep your card cool - even if you just open the case and put an ordinary fan near your PC.

Or today's price will be the cheapest in years. Thank God I got my 1080ti 6 months ago!

Man This thread is depressing me so if people carry on mining bit coins or what ever new ones it's looks like I won't ever be upgrading my PC.

But why we are in the subject I got a GTX 960 which I paid 8000THB about 3 years ago. What can I buy now for about the same price and how much if any a improvement would it be if any?

9 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Man This thread is depressing me so if people carry on mining bit coins or what ever new ones it's looks like I won't ever be upgrading my PC.

But why we are in the subject I got a GTX 960 which I paid 8000THB about 3 years ago. What can I buy now for about the same price and how much if any a improvement would it be if any?

Here you can compare your card with all the others.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

A GeForce GTX 960 is listed for $368.16.
It seems in the current market you won't even get the same card again for the money you paid years ago...

Here you can compare your card with all the others.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

A GeForce GTX 960 is listed for $368.16.

It seems in the current market you won't even get the same card again for the money you paid years ago...

I don't know much about this but if GPUs are the best thing for mining on the Market at the moment. They still can't be the best thing because they are designed for gaming.

So won't a company start making something designed just for mining. I imagine just using the same chips maybe with out all the HDMI PORTS sound chips and all the other bits What I know nothing about but suppect that they are there Just for gaming and not include them. I mean after all wasn't it the people who sold the shovels who got rich in the gold rush.

But I suppose if that dose happened it will take years.

2 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I don't know much about this but if GPUs are the best thing for mining on the Market at the moment. They still can't be the best thing because they are designed for gaming.

So won't a company start making something designed just for mining. I imagine just using the same chips maybe with out all the HDMI PORTS sound chips and all the other bits, What I know nothing about but suppect that they are there Just for gaming and not include them. I mean after all wasn't it the people who sold the shovels who got rich in the gold rush.

But I suppose if that dose happened it will take years.

I guess leaving away a few relative cheap parts wont make much difference. And then there is of course the amount of cards sold. I guess millions of gaming cards are sold every month for gaming. Would special cards just for mining be sold like that? I guess not, so they would likely be more expensive. And then it makes of course no sense anymore.

I guess leaving away a few relative cheap parts wont make much difference. And then there is of course the amount of cards sold. I guess millions of gaming cards are sold every month for gaming. Would special cards just for mining be sold like that? I guess not, so they would likely be more expensive. And then it makes of course no sense anymore.
Maybe but I would have thought there must be sold in more numbers then that for mining or the prices wouldn't be doubling. So there must be a market for cards just for mining but if they use the same chips as the GPUs then maybe it wouldn't make a difference anyway.

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you try overclocking your GTX 760? Normally I avoid this but in this case it seems this is maybe the best way to get some more FPS - except if your card is already at the max. Just make sure to keep your card cool - even if you just open the case and put an ordinary fan near your PC.

I'm a little reluctant to because of the heat issues as you pointed out.  I did originally buy the 2500K version of the CPU  with the idea that I might try overclocking it just because I like to try such things and have never done it before.

I guess this could be another little project and at least while it's still cool season in Chiang Mai with lower ambient temperatures to deal with the heat might not be such an issue.

5 hours ago, JSixpack said:

No, actually these are in stock, so no need to hold off. In fact you could have one of them 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the links.  To be honest I have never bought anything from Lazada as I'd like something that has a physical, presence preferably in Chiang Mai.  All the links you posted were 3rd party sellers so I don't really know who I would be buying from, at least one was in South Korea, most don't seem the have that many ratings so for now for me I think it's best to stick with known Thai retailers that have been around for many years.

8 hours ago, damole said:

I'm a little reluctant to because of the heat issues as you pointed out.  I did originally buy the 2500K version of the CPU  with the idea that I might try overclocking it just because I like to try such things and have never done it before.

I guess this could be another little project and at least while it's still cool season in Chiang Mai with lower ambient temperatures to deal with the heat might not be such an issue.

If you don't get crazy then basic overclocking is not too difficult. I also bought the "K" CPU in my last and current PC. In my last PC I checked on overclock sites the maximum voltage and then I increased the CPU speed and voltage - and nothing else. My ASUS board had a hardware switch to increased the speed (I think from 3.5 or 3.7GHz) to 4.2GHz. It seems that works for all K CPUs.

Then I tried with manually setting the values in the ASUS program and I got my CPU up to 4.7GHz before it crashed. To be on the safe side I reduced this to 4.5GHz and the PC run for years without problems (almost day and night).

I bought a BIG CPU cooler for about 2000B at that time and now I still use the same cooler in my new PC with different CPU.

I also tried to overclock my GigaByte Graphic Card to check how it works. But I never really needed the extra FPS so I kept that original.

OC45.png

9 hours ago, damole said:

Thanks for the links.  To be honest I have never bought anything from Lazada as I'd like something that has a physical, presence preferably in Chiang Mai.  All the links you posted were 3rd party sellers so I don't really know who I would be buying from, at least one was in South Korea, most don't seem the have that many ratings so for now for me I think it's best to stick with known Thai retailers that have been around for many years.

But that was only a few and you can find more located in Thailand. How many do I have to post for you? Yes, you do know who you are buying from as the vendor's contact info is given. All retailers are basically third-party sellers; they aren't OEMs. Nor are you going to get "support" for a graphics card from a retailer. They gonna swap out a chip for you? :laugh: Advise you about configuring Nvidia drivers? :laugh:

Lazada's good as many forum members will attest. At some point, you will probably buy from them as they have a lot more, offer delivery and discounts. Why pay more? You can pay COD and return if found defective, as is unlikely w/ these name brands. W/ a retailer, you only get 7 days anyway, then you deal w/ the manufacturer's rep. And so w/ Lazada. So you got nothing to lose.

It's basically the same as dealing w/ Amazon. You never have? As for ratings, you can just plug the brand & model of the card into Amazon or Newegg and see ratings there.

Problem is, you're in a state of desperation and claiming nobody has the card when in fact quite a number do. You're claiming you can't find out any prices when in fact you can. Just wasting time.