nVidia GTX1060

damole

10 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Problem is, you're in a state of desperation and claiming nobody has the card when in fact quite a number do. You're claiming you can't find out any prices when in fact you can. Just wasting time.

I think that is not really fair.

I bought lots of small things online. Some were the real items, others were (in part) fake items. Even the descriptions are sometimes untrue. I.e. a seller claims it's an originals XYZ. And it the comments you see XYZ telling the seller that is not true. (I.e. flight controller from Dominic Clifton on banggood)

I also prefer to buy "expensive" and complex items in person in a qualified shop - preferable a shop I know. Then, if I discover maybe a week later, that the item is not what it should be or it malfunctions I can go back and talk to the people and likely get a refund or a new item. I am willing to pay a reasonable amount more for this kind of service.

And last but not least I ask myself: If the cards are available online in good quality, manufacturers warranty, etc. why don't some local dealers buy maybe 100 cards online and sell them here in the shops? It seems there is a high demand for these cards and such a seller could make good money - if everything is perfectly ok. But maybe I am wrong with this, it's just what I think about this.

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I also prefer to buy "expensive" and complex items in person in a qualified shop - preferable a shop I know.

Well, we can't always get what we want, eh. I'd cue a song here but then my post might get deleted. We're talking about an urgent need here, man!

Then, if I discover maybe a week later, that the item is not what it should be or it malfunctions I can go back and talk to the people and likely get a refund or a new item. I am willing to pay a reasonable amount more for this kind of service.

Lazada has the same policy about returns. You can talk to a customer rep if you just need to talk. Your local retailer ain't gon' fix that card for you. The likelihood of your getting a fake graphics card from Lazada is about zero but if so, just return it. YAWN.

And last but not least I ask myself: If the cards are available online in good quality, manufacturers warranty, etc. why don't some local dealers buy maybe 100 cards online and sell them here in the shops? It seems there is a high demand for these cards and such a seller could make good money - if everything is perfectly ok. But maybe I am wrong with this, it's just what I think about this.

Not the way it works as the local dealers won't get sufficient markdown off retail to make it profitable. Hence retailers seldom buy from other retailers even if online--anywhere, not just here. And supply of this card is a problem. You yourself would find it impossible to buy 100 of them from Lazada.

1 hour ago, damole said:

I have a Cooler Master V6 GT on the CPU although it's probably about time I repasted it.

pimpPC._crop.jpg

Learn some cable management before you repaste, probably uselessly unless you've seen a significant rise in temps, all else being equal.

52 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Learn some cable management before you repaste, probably uselessly unless you've seen a significant rise in temps, all else being equal.

I have to admit on devices with just a few cables (like PCs) I prefer more or less lose cables. The only "cable management" I do is to make sure the cables are away from the fans so that the cables don't get damaged and to make sure the air flows.

Some time ago I bought a couple of PCs from a shop in Pantip which did seemingly beautiful cable management. It looked good and it looked sorted. The only problem was that it was already difficult to remove the cables i.e. from only one hard disk which was somewhere in the middle of the "managed" cables. And it was even more difficult to add temporarily another hard disk (i.e. to copy files from an old computer).

My solution was scissors and a knife to remove all the cable binders to be able to just plug or unplug the cable I needed. That is so much easier.

If lots of cables come together then I agree that cable management makes sense. But not in a normal PC.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit on devices with just a few cables (like PCs) I prefer more or less lose cables. The only "cable management" I do is to make sure the cables are away from the fans so that the cables don't get damaged and to make sure the air flows.

Why am I not surprised? "Lose" cables seems a bit of Freudian slip.

Some time ago I bought a couple of PCs from a shop in Pantip which did seemingly beautiful cable management. It looked good and it looked sorted. The only problem was that it was already difficult to remove the cables i.e. from only one hard disk which was somewhere in the middle of the "managed" cables. And it was even more difficult to add temporarily another hard disk (i.e. to copy files from an old computer).

Obviously, it takes a few more minutes to manage cables than not, as with other management. But I feel for you, man, suffering that extraordinary difficulty. Some have such a low pain threshold, eh?

My solution was scissors and a knife to remove all the cable binders to be able to just plug or unplug the cable I needed. That is so much easier.

Brilliant. Figured that out anyway. Now you just need to make the next leap of logic: replace the cable binders that you cut. But this way your build is at least personalized.

If lots of cables come together then I agree that cable management makes sense. But not in a normal PC.

Makes sense in all PCs and I always do it, beautifully of course. But it's not clear you actually know what to do and could do it well, though of course you think you do. You can look on youtube for some guides and buy a few supplies from newegg or amazon. Here's a link to get you started:  http://blog.logicalincrements.com/2014/07/pc-cable-management-101/ Later you can post evidence of your skills here: https://hardforum.com/threads/post-your-rate-my-cables-here.791179/page-286

Edited by JSixpack

20 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Why am I not surprised? "Lose" cables seems a bit of Freudian slip.

Obviously, it takes a few more minutes to manage cables than not, as with other management. But I feel for you, man, suffering that extraordinary difficulty. Some have such a low pain threshold, eh?

Brilliant. Figured that out anyway. Now you just need to make the next leap of logic: replace the cable binders that you cut. But this way it is at least clear that it's you who's been into that case.

Makes sense in all PCs and I always do it, beautifully of course. But it's not clear you actually know what to do and could do it well, though of course you think you do. You can look on youtube for some guides and buy a few supplies from newegg or amazon. Here's a link to get you started:  http://blog.logicalincrements.com/2014/07/pc-cable-management-101/ Later you can post evidence of your skills here: https://hardforum.com/threads/post-your-rate-my-cables-here.791179/page-286

Thanks for your long answer. If you don't mind just give me a short summary why I or anybody else should do cable management in PCs (except keeping cables away from fans).

I build PCs since 1990 for myself and for my customers (offices, not gamers). I build them so that they work properly and that it's easy to service them if necessary.

I don't want to win a competition about the most beautiful or best cable managed PC. If it works and it's obvious which cable is which that is good enough for me.

If some people want to make their PCs more beautiful with cable management, colorful cables, lots of extra lights and LED fans and blink here and there they should do it. But it won't make the PC even 1% faster or somehow better working. If they want to spend the time and money it's up to them - even if it does not make much sense.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for your long answer. If you don't mind just give me a short summary why I or anybody else should do cable management in PCs (except keeping cables away from fans).

You can go google that up for yourself. I already gave you a couple of links (thank you, JSixpack), one which answers that question to some extent. No more spoonfeeding, please. If I happen to run across a PC that you've worked on, I'll straighten up your mess, not to worry. :smile:

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, JSixpack said:

You can go google that up for yourself. I already gave you a couple of links (thank you, JSixpack), one which answers that question to some extent. No more spoonfeeding, please. If I happen to run across a PC that you've worked on, I'll straighten up your mess, not to worry. :smile:

Good luck it's unlikely that you will every touch a PC I built. Because they just work... But at least you will have lots of time for cable management. Enjoy!