EXCLUSIVE: David of ‘90 Day Fiancé’ on life after marrying young Thai girlfriend on TV

snoop1130

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

So, what exactly happened after we saw underfunded love birds David Toborowsky, 48, and Chanoknat “Annie” Suwan, 24, wed on the final episode of Season 6 of the American reality TV show 90 Day Fiancé?

Did anyone care enough to watch?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He dreams of returning to Thailand to retire and maybe opening a beer marriage visa-themed beer bar to tie into their appearance on the popular show.

He sees the possible bar as as a meeting point for Thais that want to date foreigners, farangs that want to date Thais, and a place where people can learn and get advice about the K-1visa process from himself and Annie. “We could also teach American and Thai culture and get away from lots of stereotypes — especially the one that says Asian women are submissive.”

Without a shadow of doubt, one of the stupidest, most naive, unworkable, BS ideas I have ever heard. 

He’ll probably end up becoming a multi-millionaire on the back of it...

Edited by Bluespunk

2 hours ago, Daveyh said:

Doomed! ................ just like 99.99% of relationships here. It's the culture thing that ruins it all. Beautiful women with the wrong mindset about relationships with "farang's" as it's all about family survival & money. You will never realise you are being scammed until it's far too late .............. without a doubt you will not see it coming. Farang's put their trust into their partners too easily & do not expect to be lied to, cheated or robbed by them, so when it happens they are wide open without any defense ........ plus an empty bank account! How many times have I heard my friends say " she is not like that"! ........... difficult to make a comment at the time as out of respect for them you don't. I would love to find someone here that is completely honest & have a true loving relationship with someone. I'm not talking about "bimbo's" as that's asking for real trouble, but just a normal human being looking for the same as me ........ sad fact is that it's not possible here. I think the message is getting across to most farangs now that all relationships here are fraught with danger & law is definitely not on your side. 

I have to partly disagree with you and say that it IS quite possible to have a good marriage with a Thai lady but you both have to work at it.

Not every Thai woman is out for your money nor is every Thai woman out to scam you. If this has happened to you I am a little sad for you but that is life, in or out of Thailand.

You must travel in a different circle of friends than I do. Of the 25 or so Thai/Farang marriages that I personally know of onloy 2 have broken up. The farangs are from the UK, USA, Australia, Germany, Canada and Israel. We are/were all professional engineers, builders, economists, jewellers with ages ranging from the mid 30s to the 50s at the time of marriage.

Most of us had been married before and divorced in the west.

Most of us have Thai/Farang children, condominiums, houses, land and businesses in Thailand and most still live here.

I first met my Thai wife to be in 1993 when I was here on business. I divorced my UK wife in 1999 and married my Thai wife in 2000 and our was born in 2004. So in 3 months time that will be coming up to 18 years married plus 7 more before that.

47 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

7 years isn't long, and we still don't know your relative SMVs.

The problem being, almost every man I meet claims delirious happiness, but if you meet the couple she clearly despises him.

@TEFLK

It's not about losing your Thai wife (which I haven't) but understanding why they are with you.

Mine is with me for the money, and I'm OK with that, and happy enough.

Wow!  You really have a sad view on life IMO.  Just another example of a bitter Thaivisa expat.  :-) 

3 hours ago, Daveyh said:

Doomed! ................ just like 99.99% of relationships here. It's the culture thing that ruins it all. Beautiful women with the wrong mindset about relationships with "farang's" as it's all about family survival & money. You will never realise you are being scammed until it's far too late .............. without a doubt you will not see it coming. Farang's put their trust into their partners too easily & do not expect to be lied to, cheated or robbed by them, so when it happens they are wide open without any defense ........ plus an empty bank account! How many times have I heard my friends say " she is not like that"! ........... difficult to make a comment at the time as out of respect for them you don't. I would love to find someone here that is completely honest & have a true loving relationship with someone. I'm not talking about "bimbo's" as that's asking for real trouble, but just a normal human being looking for the same as me ........ sad fact is that it's not possible here. I think the message is getting across to most farangs now that all relationships here are fraught with danger & law is definitely not on your side. 

Basically true. Of course, there are exceptions.

26 minutes ago, kurtmartens said:

Wow!  You really have a sad view on life IMO.  Just another example of a bitter Thaivisa expat.  :-) 

Why should I be bitter because I accept reality?

Should I call you stupid for living in a dream?

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Is that the loud voice of experience speaking or are you just pulling a percentage out of thin air?

I have a number of farang friends and most of them, including me,  have been in relationships/marriage with Thai women and still going after many years. There are always ups and downs in any relationship, but that is quite normal.

You paint the picture with too broad a brush I feel. Yes, there are many gold diggers and opportunist females out there, sometimes no more than anywhere else in the world. There are also many conniving and less than worthy men.

If a grown man often many years older than his partner acts foolishly with his finances, then that is his own fault.

But, as I say, in my experience many Thai/ farang partnerships seem to work. It's not always take on the Thai side.

However, I do concede too many western men enter relationships with eyes wide closed.

he says: "also teach American and Thai culture "

I didn't know Americans have any .....looking at "Great Donald"

4 hours ago, Daveyh said:

bar stool talk

A crude, vulgar, obscene troll post has been removed. 

Another post using a foreign language has been removed as well as the reply.  English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

6 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

How about posting in English like everyone else does

I did a Google translate and assumed the quote was in French and came up with this.

ok i also think he's going to have an unpleasant surprise in a short time: -))

It was easy.

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

So you are married to a beautiful and much younger Thai woman? 

Which is the whole point of this story.

I'd love to see a happy couple photo of those claiming "successful couple" status.

I'd also like to hear the wife tell us she wasn't hoping he dies soon, so she could move her Thai husband back in.

To be fair, I did know one relationship where the similar age Thai woman genuinely cared about her husband and their family.

She didn't 'love' him in Western terms, but cared about him - and when they went through difficult times financially, she had no problem seeking low paid work as a cleaner to keep their family afloat.

Back on topic - these two (David and Annie) deserve each other :smile:.

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

7 years isn't long, and we still don't know your relative SMVs.

The problem being, almost every man I meet claims delirious happiness, but if you meet the couple she clearly despises him.

@TEFLK

It's not about losing your Thai wife (which I haven't) but understanding why they are with you.

Mine is with me for the money, and I'm OK with that, and happy enough.

IMO your last statement applies to a lot of women of every nationality not just Thais. Western divorces USA cost more than you could possibly lose with ten thai wives. IMO unless you gift your wife a house and car the laws in Thailand favor expats compared to the laws in the USA (especially if you only have a village wedding) and IMO marrying or dating a beautiful Thai women 25 years younger than you is available much easier and cheaper than a young western woman. So in reality we expat men have the best of all worlds here as long as we don’t gift our entire retirement funds to the spouse on the hope of  ever lasting love.

And yes I love sex with younger women and I am happy to supply them some financial benefits and they are happy to provide me with sex until we part ways. 

Regarding child support in Thailand I am lucky to be ignorant. Peace 

Edited by Wake Up

3 hours ago, Daveyh said:

I propose you lower the chance of failure to 99.98% . I count myself as the 0.01%  difference. I have been with my lady for three years. We are VERY VERY happy. We got married two years ago. I am 76, she is 57. She has two adult children, both in college.

What are the secret, not so obvious ingredients for happiness with a Thai lady?  Number ONE.... if you are 20 or more years older, there is likely not going to be LOVE from your lady for YOU. Lots of love for your money, lots of love for your security, your life style, her standing in the community, etc. etc.   There is a reasonable chance that she will be a good caretaker, as long as you provide the above.

Number TWO....... Find a lady who is financially independant, has e "real" job (no bar girl) or runs her own business. A lady whose goal is not financial security, but happiness. She does not think all day of family, survival, image etc.  She can think of herself, her happiness and how you together can make her happiness better.  In the process she will make YOU very happy.

number THREE ..... do not get married at the amphoe There is NO reason in the world that makes sense to get married, (maybe the village marriage is OK. ).  You can always get offially married after a couple of years of happiness.

Number FOUR ...... beauty is only skin deep.  Do not pick the beauty queen. She knows it too and outside beauty does not last.  You should LIKE  her face , but it should be because you see her soul in her face.

I am lucky, my wife has a sexy body, even at 57. This is Thailand.

good luck

Relationships with women are a lottery but there are things you can do to lengthen the odds against screw ups/horror story stuff...like not exposing yourself financially too much and be pragmatic enough to be able to just walk away. Who you share your bed, time and life with is a big decision and probably best to let the big head do the thinking.

1 hour ago, BernieOnTour said:

Seems to be a Thai lady with a very traditional mindset... 2 water buffaloes for the dowry. :wink:

I thought, since long those water buffaloes were replaced with a brand new Isuzu pickup ? 

:sorry::spamsign:

You didn't read the article - apparently a lot of gold was also 'required'.

But it's a 'show' and the participants are paid, so it's obviously little more than 'light entertainment' - and to be fair, it generally gives me a good laugh as two money-hungry people make clear ((on TV!) their inadequacies :shock1:.

11 minutes ago, Roelf said:

I propose you lower the chance of failure to 99.98% . I count myself as the 0.01%  difference. I have been with my lady for three years. We are VERY VERY happy. We got married two years ago. I am 76, she is 57. She has two adult children, both in college.

What are the secret, not so obvious ingredients for happiness with a Thai lady?  Number ONE.... if you are 20 or more years older, there is likely not going to be LOVE from your lady for YOU. Lots of love for your money, lots of love for your security, your life style, her standing in the community, etc. etc.   There is a reasonable chance that she will be a good caretaker, as long as you provide the above.

Number TWO....... Find a lady who is financially independant, has e "real" job (no bar girl) or runs her own business. A lady whose goal is not financial security, but happiness. She does not think all day of family, survival, image etc.  She can think of herself, her happiness and how you together can make her happiness better.  In the process she will make YOU very happy.

number THREE ..... do not get married at the amphoe There is NO reason in the world that makes sense to get married, (maybe the village marriage is OK. ).  You can always get offially married after a couple of years of happiness.

Number FOUR ...... beauty is only skin deep.  Do not pick the beauty queen. She knows it too and outside beauty does not last.  You should LIKE  her face , but it should be because you see her soul in her face.

I am lucky, my wife has a sexy body, even at 57. This is Thailand.

good luck

I am very happily married to a very beautiful young Thai woman. I am 73 and my wife will be 47 next month.

I disagree with your point number one, not all Thai women are like that, but many are. I agree with your point two: My wife works full time and she owns her own house, her family consists of her mother, son and daughter and she has 2 sisters who are very well off.I am not sure about your number three but I would advise not to jump into the marriage too quickly. Your number four: I agree with this completely.

I think that Daveyh should do a re-evaluation of himself and his relationships before being judgemental of others.

Long time reader, but not often commentor.

I know of myself, my brother inlaw and several others who most certainly do not have issues with "gold digger"thai wifes.

I do think some Blokes here speak with a bad taste in their mouth though ?

Edited by Tambs2020
Missed a few words

4 hours ago, Daveyh said:

When somebody marries a girl that is 20-30 years younger than him and "do not expect to be lied to, cheated or robbed by them" - he must be a kind of delusional idiot who deserves what he gets at the end. 

6 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

"He dreams of returning to Thailand to retire and maybe opening a beer marriage visa-themed beer bar to tie into their appearance on the popular show.

He sees the possible bar as as a meeting point for Thais that want to date foreigners, farangs that want to date Thais, and a place where people can learn and get advice about the K-1 visa process from himself and Annie."

/coconuts.co/bangkok/lifestyle/exclusive-david-90-day-fiance-life-marrying-young-thai-girlfriend-tv

Just what Thailand needs a marriage visa themed  bar.. This guy is baa

He could introduce some new variations on a theme. Like have all the men wear badges with numbers that represent their net worth! Save the girls wasting time on Cheap Charlies - 555 !

4 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Is that the loud voice of experience speaking or are you just pulling a percentage out of thin air?

I have a number of farang friends and most of them, including me,  have been in relationships/marriage with Thai women and still going after many years. There are always ups and downs in any relationship, but that is quite normal.

You paint the picture with too broad a brush I feel. Yes, there are many gold diggers and opportunist females out there, sometimes no more than anywhere else in the world. There are also many conniving and less than worthy men.

If a grown man often many years older than his partner acts foolishly with his finances, then that is his own fault.

But, as I say, in my experience many Thai/ farang partnerships seem to work. It's not always take on the Thai side.

However, I do concede too many western men enter relationships with eyes wide closed.

I agree with you... my partner is lovely, well over twenty years younger, and we've been together in a great relationship for over 6 years.
She's now moved to Australia with me and we will marry at the end of this year. She works here part time, and makes enough to send money home to her folks and even takes me out for dinner occasionally, which is always a nice surprise.
... And yes, when we marry there will be a sin sot of around 300kthb (cheap in my opinion), but I don't care about that cuz she doesn't want a diamond or a big wedding which would've cost a shitload more with a western wedding. She's even offered to chip in on that!
That money will all go to her poor parents who are super lovely. They've raised three really lovely kids up against odds that would make most people crumble
The massive amounts of negativity and assumptions here is sad, but I guess that's what you're programmed to think when you and everyone around you resort to hanging out with scammers and hookers.
Ya reap what you sow. SMH

13 minutes ago, MeHere said:

... And yes, when we marry there will be a sin sot of around 300kthb (cheap in my opinion), but I don't care about that cuz she doesn't want a diamond or a big wedding which would've cost a shitload more with a western wedding. She's even offered to chip in on that!

300K sounds a bit much, I only paid 100K for mine ....... is yours really worth 3x as much?

Did you forget to haggle?

(no wedding party or rings either, spent 50bht at the Amphur wedding, with a romantic 100bht dinner for 2 after)

Edited by MaeJoMTB

31 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

When somebody marries a girl that is 20-30 years younger than him and "do not expect to be lied to, cheated or robbed by them" - he must be a kind of delusional idiot who deserves what he gets at the end. 

26 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Thank you for your insulting personal attack on me because I am 73 and my wife is 47 then as your false claim is that she is going to lie to me and cheat and rob me, if that is what you think then you are the delusional idiot.

I suggest that you do not make judgement on other people and pass insult and personal attacks on them

Hate to break this to you - but an unknown, far older person only appeals because they are 'brilliant' in their academic/fame field.

Otherwise, they are only with the far older person for the money.