Trump to ask for $716 billion in defence spending in 2019 budget - U.S. officials

rooster59

Just now, klikster said:

You brought yourself into the conversation and are now trying to deflect.

Most soldiers are pansies?!? LOL! Is that your observation from when you served? Please tell us about your service.

The soldiers don't pay for it. Soldiers don't pay taxes?

I've interacted with soldiers from the US and Britain.  They run the gamut from adept & tough to inept & wimpy.  Do you want details?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I've interacted with soldiers from the US and Britain.  They run the gamut from adept & tough to inept & wimpy.  Do you want details?

So "interacting" with soldiers is the extent of your military service?  That figures.

1 minute ago, klikster said:

So "interacting" with soldiers is the extent of your military service?  That figures.

I know you're trying to pigeonhole me, but it's not easy, is it.  A person can be knowledgeable about astronauts, without having been an astronaut.   I have no more respect for military people than I do for chefs or taxi drivers or prostitutes or truck drivers.  Do you have a problem with that?

23 hours ago, wayned said:

Actually he has two nick names the current one and most used is Mad dog, but he is also known as the warrior monk, google it if you don't believe me  I'm not saying that he was not a good Marine commander, what I am saying is that the Defense Secretary must be able to balance the issues and his attitude is the same as Trump's .  A couple of his famous quotes:

‘It’s quite fun to shoot them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people.’

‘There are some people who think you have to hate them in order to shoot them. I don’t think you do.’

Is this really the type of person that we need as the Secretary of Defense?

Absolutely. You need scary people in charge of a scary military. It helps deter stupid people from doing stupid things.

22 hours ago, wayned said:

I want to clarify this.  When you graduated from high school and turned 18 you automatically qualified for the draft.   If you went on to college you could get a deferment from the draft for being a student, one year at a time depending on your grades.  When you graduated you automatically again became eligible.  I did this during my 4 years of school. I don't consider this as draft dodging.  But on graduation Trump went on and got a Phony medical excuse and continued to avoid the draft.  It was easy to do if you had connections or money.

And yet Cassius Clay died a hero and not a traitor. :whistling: Screwed up world we live in huh?

14 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Absolutely. You need scary people in charge of a scary military. It helps deter stupid people from doing stupid things

Unfortunately the scary people are scary because they are stone cold stupid!

1 minute ago, wayned said:

Unfortunately the scary people are scary because they are stone cold stupid!

So, now retired Marine General Mattis is "stone cold stupid"?? Are your hands bleeding from those straws you keep grasping at slipping through your gnarled, jaded fingers of hate?

11 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

So, now retired Marine General Mattis is "stone cold stupid"?? Are your hands bleeding from those straws you keep grasping at slipping through your gnarled, jaded fingers of hate?

I don't hate him, I just think that someone that makes and  continues to believe in the statements that he makes  is in fact "stone cold stupid"!

‘It’s quite fun to shoot them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people.’

At one time in my life I would have fully supported what he says but after spending 2+ years in Vietnam, seeing the atrocities committed by both sides and wondering, over the past 47 years,  why the US  was there in the first place I believe in what I said.

22 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I don't think you want to bring me in to the conversation. I can handle heat better than most military guys. I'm slim. Most soldiers are overweight and are pansies when it comes to heat.

What do salaries have to do with with paying $40,000 per minute for air-conditioning?  The soldiers don't pay for it.

Other than your own assertions of your knowledge and prowess, there's little in your posts that recommends such.

Doubt that you have a clue about "most military guys", or them being "overweight" and "pansies when it comes to heat". And I'm pretty sure that you are not actually able to handle any physical hardship better than most combat soldiers.

Whatever "details" you can supply are anecdotal, and would not support your wide brush assertions.

I know you're trying to pigeonhole me, but it's not easy, is it.  A person can be knowledgeable about astronauts, without having been an astronaut.   I have no more respect for military people than I do for chefs or taxi drivers or prostitutes or truck drivers.  Do you have a problem with that?

A person could be knowledgeable, to a degree, about something he have no direct experience with. You do not come across as such a person, in this context, but as a politically opinionated zealot.

5 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

And yet Cassius Clay died a hero and not a traitor. :whistling: Screwed up world we live in huh?

Why do you consider Cassius Clay a traitor?

At the very least he stood up for his beliefs knowing that he would be imprisoned. He cetainly wasn't a draft dodger on deferment after deferment using doctors notes as an excuse.

He did not run away even though he could have done. He knew that he would be stripped of his championships. He knew that he would be reviled by a number of people and he would be cheered by a lot more, yet he was willing to accept this.

Other Americans ran from the draft, some got repeatedly deferred, others joined the National Guard and never saw a shot fired in anger.

If you've run out of ideas, you don't need to feel compelled to post.

If you're done playing moderator, perhaps reflect on that "run out of ideas" rubbish - considering most of what you posted above is either a rehash of past rants and basically copy pasted bits. If you feel the butthurtz because some of your nonsense is called out, that's too bad.

Edited by Morch

5 hours ago, wayned said:

I don't hate him, I just think that someone that makes and  continues to believe in the statements that he makes  is in fact "stone cold stupid"!

At one time in my life I would have fully supported what he says but after spending 2+ years in Vietnam, seeing the atrocities committed by both sides and wondering, over the past 47 years,  why the US  was there in the first place I believe in what I said.

Why are you obsessing over this (even without quoting the whole bit as context)? You do realize that it was said 12 years ago, right?

Edited by Morch

Who are they defending against? Have the largest military in the history of the world, can kill the entire planet 10 times over with nuc's and still have a one left over to send to Mars to protect that planet from evil others. This guy is a retard playing out his bullying fantasies by increasing military. Meanwhile f.the poor or sick. Unbelievable. And rather Sad.

17 hours ago, jerojero said:

Who are they defending against? Have the largest military in the history of the world, can kill the entire planet 10 times over with nuc's and still have a one left over to send to Mars to protect that planet from evil others. This guy is a retard playing out his bullying fantasies by increasing military. Meanwhile f.the poor or sick. Unbelievable. And rather Sad.

Sooooo, your response to a terrorist plot to fly planes into the World Trade Towers is to nuke Saudi Arabia.

Hmmmm. What could possibly go wrong with that solution?