lower you cholesterol the safe way

catman20

ive had high cholesterol for many years went to the doctors and as always put me on statins, i dont like drugs of any sort really but these statins ive herd there can be nasty side affect with them.

Any way i looked into more healthier ways of reducing high cholesterol and thought i would share this with all you people that are stuck on the statin pills.

i just come back from having my cholesterol checked and thought id share my good news with all of you who have high cholesterol i have been eating Brazil nuts, i eat 1 nut a day and my total cholesterol came down from 275 to 202 in under 2 months.

• Like 2

Yeah right, one Brazil you a day and you're cure of cholesterol, why didn't

a million or so doctors, scientists and researches thought about it and

waste trillions on pills and tablets?

Having said that, nuts and other natural ingredients and food items do help in lowering cholesterol but in a insignificant amounts unless you eat

tones of the stuff which in turn causes other problems....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seeing as you've mentioned awareness of the 'side effects',

you'd therefore be aware of the fight for the 'good' HDL over the 'bad'  LDL;

and that the 'statins eliminates the good alongside the the bad, without predjudice

Have you found any good high dose CoQ10 on the pharm shelves as yet?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Where do you buy the Brazil nuts from,would like to give

it a try.what would happen if you ate 2 a day ?

regards Worgeordie

good Kama health food store online 1 kilo 1000 baht. dont know about 2 a day maybe ill try it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yeah right, one Brazil you a day and you're cure of cholesterol, why didn't

a million or so doctors, scientists and researches thought about it and

waste trillions on pills and tablets?

Having said that, nuts and other natural ingredients and food items do help in lowering cholesterol but in a insignificant amounts unless you eat

tones of the stuff which in turn causes other problems....

ok you believe what you want to believe, i have no reason to lie. the reason doctors give you statins its because its all about the money it generates for the governments its the same as smoking years ago they used to advertise smoking they new it caused many health issues it was all about the money cigarettes were making for governments until they found out the side affects were costing governments more money in health services. then they banned all advertising. 

3 hours ago, tifino said:

Seeing as you've mentioned awareness of the 'side effects',

you'd therefore be aware of the fight for the 'good' HDL over the 'bad'  LDL;

and that the 'statins eliminates the good alongside the the bad, without predjudice

Have you found any good high dose CoQ10 on the pharm shelves as yet?

i had blood test done before i started on the Brazil nuts before and after both blood test showed good cholesterol was the same both times and bad cholesterol was lowered quite a lot.

2 hours ago, animalmagic said:

Because a million or so doctors get paid to push certain certain drugs for the big pharmaceutical companies.  Look on YouTube or Google for the town of Huntington in West Virginia where it is claimed that one quarter of the adult population are heroin addicts due to the over prescription of painkillers.  Seems worth trying for just one nut per day.

thank you  a man here without his  HEAD STUCK IN THE SAND.

I am very wary of anyone who says "look it up" as if that will prove anything. The internet is full of bampot theories. The medical profession is generally in favour of statins and in fact it is a very low cost drug. Side affects only occur in a few patients and finally it is up to the patient whether to take or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

The question one should ask before going nuts over Brazils or, statins any other cholesterol-lowering substances is. . .  is low cholesterol good for you?

Cholesterol is a vital constituent of every cell in our bodies and in fact constitutes 60 per cent of brain matter. Too little cholesterol,. therefore, can be as bad as too much.

The pharmaceutical companies and their sales and marketing arm we call the medical profession have demonised cholesterol and pushed statins as a wonder cure, which they most certainly are not.

In fact, statins can have extremely unpleasant and dangerous side effects and studies have shown they are really only of value to individuals who have already suffered heart attacks or strokes. Lowering cholesterol in older people - which a lot of us on this site tend to be - can be counter-productive and potentially damaging.

The reputable Telegraph Newspaper reported in June 2016: 

Cholesterol does not cause heart disease in the elderly and trying to reduce it with drugs like statins is a waste of time, an international group of experts has claimed.A review of research involving nearly 70,000 people found there was no link between what has traditionally been considered “bad” cholesterol and the premature deaths of over 60-year-olds from cardiovascular disease.Published in the BMJ Open journal, the new study found that 92 percent of people with a high cholesterol level lived longer.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/06/12/high-cholesterol-does-not-cause-heart-disease-new-research-finds/

The hypertension/cholesterol/statins issue is the subject of a furious controversy, even among medical professionals, as is made clear here: 

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2016/09/05/doctors-deeply-divided-over-the-value-of-statins/

I would urge anyone advised to reduce high blood pressure by lowering  their cholesterol levels to arm themselves with the relevant facts before investing in costly cholesterol-lowering drugs - or rushing out to buy a bag of Brazil nuts. 

There are lots of vested interests out there telling us what to do. But thanks to miracle of the Internet and sources like Google and YouTube we don't have to take any of them at their word. A few hours careful research will help you make up your mind about the sensible steps to take for a healthier, happier and longer life.

Took a few posts, but at last, someone who knows what is what and doesn't believe all the bs that food and drug industry-sponsored health "professionals" spout at you.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rosco14 said:

I drink jiaogulan tea on a daily basis which is supposed to lower cholesterol and also has other benefits.  It contains no caffeine and has no known side affects.

Sounds interesting.

Available locally ? (your link goes to Amazon)