SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Nothing has been published, and if he had ANYTHING to hang Trump, he would have moved on it.   If he had enough to start things rolling, the investigation can continue, while he is looking for more dirt, which you guys will contend there inevitably will be.   I still say, my opinion, nothing from 'inside' the Mueller investigation

So you claim to know that Mueller has not turned up anything but that you don't have any inside info of the ongoing investigation. In addition you don't know squat about the legal processes or strategic choices that could be behind Mueller not having gone for the jugular yet - right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mikebike said:

You do not have any idea as to how an investigation works do you?

If Mueller had anything on 45 how and why would we know if and how he was "moving on it"?

Again, no one who believes 45 is guilty of crimes was expecting this to be brief. No  one who believes 45 is guilty of crimes was expecting any information to be released until the investigation is COMPLETE.

The only voices stating that the investigation it taking too long and opining that Mueller has found nothing are those who believe 45 has committed no crimes.

Be serious, the rabid left had him impeached and charged within weeks, if not days, of Mueller kicking off.

You can back down now, suggesting that he probably won't be impeached, probably will finish his first term, but I remind you that many who post here said he wouldn't make it through his first month, let alone a year.

I won't be back until tomorrow, so I expect that we'll be onto page 70?? by then, with the left salivating.....still.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Be serious, the rabid left had him impeached and charged within weeks, if not days, of Mueller kicking off.

You can back down now, suggesting that he probably won't be impeached, probably will finish his first term, but I remind you that many who post here said he wouldn't make it thorugh his first month, let alone a year.

I cannot diminish your fantasy. If you choose to believe an untruth then so be it.

Many my arse. Show me three members who said a month and I'll buy you a beer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Nothing has been published, and if he had ANYTHING to hang Trump, he would have moved on it.   If he had enough to start things rolling, the investigation can continue, while he is looking for more dirt, which you guys will contend there inevitably will be.   I still say, my opinion, nothing from 'inside' the Mueller investigation

You guys make it easy to giggle at many of your posts.....giggle!!

I recall an expression from my youth, "giggling like a schoolgirl who has been tampered with", quite funny, but probably not politically correct in 2018.

" Nothing has been published, and if he had ANYTHING to hang Trump, he would have moved on it." 

How do you know?  He could have lots on Trump, but every new bit of dirt points to more.  He could have enough to charge but is holding back until he has enough to make conviction a certainty. 

Pro-Trump posters have been saying "Nothing yet, he must be innocent" since the investigation began.  Investigations, especially complicated investigations involving secretive foreign countries, don't work that way.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thakkar said:

To be fair, Trump supporters have gone from “nothingburger” to—as top campaign aides began falling like flies—“Trump himself not under investigation” to—as former associates began getting immunity (presumably for flipping on Trump)—”nothing yet

They may not have the self awareness to realize their own subtle shifts, but they are not entirely impervious to facts. 

So there is hope yet that Trump’s hold on his cult members can be dislodged. In times like these, one must embrace what little hope one can find.

Yes, and "trump" himself always mouths off about no collusion. That may be true and/or impossible to prove. But he is under investigation for other areas of criminal behavior as well. Notice he never says he did nothing illegal. Of course he did. But whether he gets impeached or not is a political decision, not a legal one, and of course the crimes would have to be massively heinous for the republicans to do anything about it as long as they are in power. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mikebike said:

I cannot diminish your fantasy. If you choose to believe an untruth then so be it.

Many my arse. Show me three members who said a month and I'll buy you a beer.

I certainly didn't. Of course I wanted him to go away before he even started because he's a dark stain on everything decent, but that's not the same thing as predicting it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Becker said:

If you can't back up your statements a few deflections will do - right?

Cackle, giggle, cackle.

You know when you have them by the short and curlies....they start mocking.    You've done yourself no favors!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Becker said:

So you claim to know that Mueller has not turned up anything but that you don't have any inside info of the ongoing investigation. In addition you don't know squat about the legal processes or strategic choices that could be behind Mueller not having gone for the jugular yet - right?

So I would have about the same knowledge about the "legal processeses or strategic choices" that you have Mr Attorney Becker??....giggle.

48 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

So I would have about the same knowledge about the "legal processeses or strategic choices" that you have Mr Attorney Becker??....giggle.

I get the feeling I'm debating with an eight year old.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Thoroughly rotten president.

When it comes to this White House, the fish rots from the head

The expectation of compliance with the law and concern about the appearance of impropriety are entirely absent from this administration for one very simple reason: Trump has set the standard and the example. Don’t bother with the rules. If caught, just make up stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/03/07/when-it-comes-to-this-white-house-the-fish-rots-from-the-head/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Winning!

U.S. trade deficit in January surges to highest level since 2008

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-trade-deficit-in-january-hits-nearly-10-year-high-2018-03-07

The high U.S. trade deficit is a big sticking point for President Trump, who’s vowed to bring it down sharply. Yet in his first year in office the trade gap actually climbed to a nine-year high of $566 billion...

On 3/6/2018 at 9:22 PM, Jingthing said:

You could be right but at this point such predictions are worthless. Let's see about the MIDTERMS first, shall we? 

What about the premise that Trump's impeachment is on the horizon, which is what this poll is based upon?  Is that a worthless prediction? 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Speaking for myself, I have several interests:  I'm outdoors most hours of the day, planting trees, building things, ...am developing some alt.energy projects, and am writing books. How about you?

As for 'elected fairly and squarely'  .....are you trying to be funny?   Trump's election was as fair and square as the basement of 9-11 after the first bombing.

In what way did Trump cheat?  He didn't win the popular vote but that is down to the system of voting in the US.  If you don't like the 1st past the post system then change it, don't whinge about the rules of the game after it has been played.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, teatree said:

In what way did Trump cheat?  He didn't win the popular vote but that is down to the system of voting in the US.  If you don't like the 1st past the post system then change it, don't whinge about the rules of the game after it has been played.

Teatree asks: "in what way did Trump cheat?" 

answer:  That's what Mueller's team is finding out.   Congressional committees are also supposed to be looking into it, but they're stymied by being chaired by Republican partisan boot-lickers.

There are many answers to your Q, but to name just one:  Roger Stone, hired by Trump's campaign, has admitted communicating often with Gucifer 2.0, and Assange (both Russian agents).  Stone's emails will prove it, and that's why Nunberg was so spooked in the many interviews he did 2 days ago.  It will be v. interesting to see what's pertinent in those hundreds of emails.  Note:  Manafort has been bosom buddies with Stone and a biz partner for many years.  Stone and Nunberg will try to hide and/or delete those emails, but people-who-know-more-than-I surmise that their email servers (cache?) will have them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, teatree said:

What about the premise that Trump's impeachment is on the horizon, which is what this poll is based upon?  Is that a worthless prediction? 

That is incorrect.

The poll is about the first term.

The poll is not about a second term.

A person needs to make it through the first term for there to be any possibility of a second term.

The poll is NOT about PREDICTING anything!

Read the question again. It's very simple. It's about what people WANT not what people PREDICT.

Also, keep in mind impeachment is one of multiple ways that a sitting president might leave office before finishing a term.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Congratulations! You managed to debase everyone involved: objectifying all the above women AND yourself for being a shallow sexist.

Yes, and I'd bet Chelsea Clinton can have a brilliant political career if she wants one (but not president, we're over the idea of Clintons as presidents) while Ivanka will be peaking at Daddy's Little Nepotism Girl in the most horrible presidency in American history. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, and I'd bet Chelsea Clinton can have a brilliant political career if she wants one (but not president, we're over the idea of Clintons as presidents) while Ivanka will be peaking at Daddy's Little Nepotism Girl in the most horrible presidency in American history. 

Why would she?  What does she bring to the table? Agree with you about the Trump spawn.