SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So utterly disgusting. The "trump" horror reality show continues. Yes, he's winning because people have adapted to him.

The disgusting ‘normal’ under Trump

Everything is happening, and we cannot give every injury the time it deserves. But how disgusting that this is what we expect. How disgusting that this is what we take for granted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2018/07/06/the-disgusting-normal-under-trump/?utm_term=.6adf54bc3e7a

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Business as usual with Trump hypocrisy.

As the Trump administration continues to sustain criticism for its “zero-tolerance” immigration policy, the Trump Organization wants to hire more foreign workers. As BuzzFeed reported Thursday, Federal Department of Labor documents show that Trump’s eponymous organization filed a request asking for permission to  hire temporary foreign workers at Mar-a-Lago. Forty of them would be employed as wait staff,  while 21 would be hired as cooks, The Washington Post reported.

https://www.bustle.com/p/trumps-mar-a-lago-might-hire-61-foreign-workers-as-cooks-waiters-for-the-winter-season-9685287

Trump, and mostly no one else has a problem with immigrants. The the problem is the illegal entry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bushdoctor said:

Trump, and mostly no one else has a problem with immigrants. The the problem is the illegal entry. 

.Disagree regards Trump. Trump's public domain rhetoric with vilifying generalised commentary aimed at those South of the Border or non whites elsewhere does not demonstrate any acceptance whatsoever. In the meantime looks for low cost foreign workers and as we well know continues outsourcing production for family businesses offshore. Trump and family time after time prove their two faced hypocrisy.

8 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

The turkeys voted, and Christmas is coming early.

Will the Trump Administration provide financial support for affected farm sectors?

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

.Disagree regards Trump. Trump's public domain rhetoric with vilifying generalised commentary aimed at those South of the Border or non whites elsewhere does not demonstrate any acceptance whatsoever. In the meantime looks for low cost foreign workers and as we well know continues outsourcing production for family businesses offshore. Trump and family time after time prove their two faced hypocrisy.

Trump is hiring the workers legally. That’s ok. If they were illegal it would be very hypocritical. 

As for your comment regarding skin color, you can enter the US no matter what your skin color is. If you don’t believe me, go to the border and see first hand. As long as you have proper documentation you are welcome. I see people of color crossing in droves everyday at the San Ysidro border crossing. 

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

The "problem" isn't the illegal entry; it's the amount of resources that Trump wants to devote to stopping it. Illegal entry is way way down. Increased enforcement before Trump took office had sharply cut the numbers. Trump lies about the problem in order to mobilize his base. 

No, it’s the illegal entry. 

• Like 1

Just now, bushdoctor said:

No, it’s the illegal entry. 

Well, when you put it in that well-reasoned way. Remember when Trump commissioned a report on the cost to the USA of illegal immigrants. And when the report came back it said they were a net plus. Oddly enough Trump suppressed the report.

• Like 2

A secured border is a crucial part of national security. You may be ok with open borders but our president is not. What he is doing is simply enforcing immigration law. 

We probably both agree it should be updated. Let’s pressue congress to get that done. That is their job after all, and not to just sit around and watch. 

I don’t know if Trump has the authority, but if  I were him I would consider locking congress in session until an acceptable agreement was reached. ?

22 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Trump is hiring the workers legally. That’s ok. If they were illegal it would be very hypocritical. 

As for your comment regarding skin color, you can enter the US no matter what your skin color is. If you don’t believe me, go to the border and see first hand. As long as you have proper documentation you are welcome. I see people of color crossing in droves everyday at the San Ysidro border crossing. 

Yep, trump would be under intense scrutiny. However, he has a prior record of non compliance to labour law. Never claimed non whites cannot legally enter the US. However, the public record of Trump's red meat racist commentary and misinformation relating to 'migrants' is extensive. e.g.

The report, released Thursday by the non-partisan research group, refutes long-standing arguments from conservatives and critics of illegal immigration — among them President Donald Trump — who say undocumented residents are a drain on the nation’s economy.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/02/report-undocumented-immigrants-in-the-u-s-contribute-billions-in-local-and-state-taxes/

Edited by simple1

24 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

A secured border is a crucial part of national security. You may be ok with open borders but our president is not. What he is doing is simply enforcing immigration law. 

We probably both agree it should be updated. Let’s pressue congress to get that done. That is their job after all, and not to just sit around and watch. 

I don’t know if Trump has the authority, but if  I were him I would consider locking congress in session until an acceptable agreement was reached. ?

Why is it a crucial part of national security? How is our allegedly insecure border a threat to national security? It's been even less secure in the past and what terrible consequences followed ?How much more money should be devoted to addressing this alleged threat? If the threat was so great, why were taxes so drastically cut? This is just more gaslighting by Trump.

6 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Why is it a crucial part of national security? How is our allegedly insecure border a threat to national security? It's been even less secure in the past and what terrible consequences followed ?How much more money should be devoted to addressing this alleged threat? If the threat was so great, why were taxes so drastically cut? This is just more gaslighting by Trump.

Border security was an issue long before Trump became president. 

Edited by bushdoctor
Spelling errors
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bushdoctor said:

I don’t know if Trump has the authority, but if  I were him I would consider locking congress in session until an acceptable agreement was reached

You mean Congress coming up with an agreement acceptable  to Trump? If so then why the need for Congress? 3 days ago the US celebrated the occasion when its people got rid of a King. Here we are less than 3 centuries later and you find the concept of a King in an absolute monarchy acceptable again.

Funny but hardly surprising, the US is trending back to the days of the Salem Witch trials. Despite 4 years worth of investigations nothing was found by Republican led committees to pin any criminal blame on HRC and the email or Benghazi saga's yet you still keep going. What Trump and his base really want is to put HRC on the 'ducking stool'. If she drowns and dies, she was innocent and is now in Gods loving arms If she doesn't drown she is guilty and burn her.

Illegal immigration will not be an issue soon. What with the trade war etc Trump will soon have the USA joining all the other s**thole countries and nobody will be crossing your borders through choice.

Edited by Andaman Al
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

days ago the US celebrated the occasion when its people got rid of a King. Here we are less than 3 centuries later and you find the concept of a King in an absolute monarchy acceptable again.

Yes, painfully obvious that you would have been better sticking with the British monarchy. Her Majesty is doing a great job for us.

Som nam na!

LOL ...  democrats are losers. Right after President Trump was elected I was walking into mezzaluna and there's some drunk guy crying out loud that it's the end of the world, and to make matters worse he couldn't pay for his bill...  and thats how i knew he was a democrat... LOL 

Edited by Peasandmash
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peasandmash said:

LOL ...  democrats are losers. Right after President Trump was elected I was walking into mezzaluna and there's some drunk guy crying out loud that it's the end of the world, and to make matters worse he couldn't pay for his bill...  and thats how i knew he was a democrat... LOL 

Right.  And Republicans are successful, responsible people who march holding tikki torches while changing "Jews will not replace us".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peasandmash said:

?  Are you sure it wasn´t Alex Jones from Info War you met? Sure sounds like him,

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Peasandmash said:

Actually I did once run across a person making the same claim you did. That's how I knew he was  clueless.

Ranked by income per capita, 14 of the 15 states ranked lowest went for Donald Trump.

Of the 15 states ranked highest, 5 went for Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP_per_capita

Edited by bristolboy

So part of the MAGA seems to be the subjugation of women as well...

GOP Candidate Suggests Women Shouldn’t Work

If former pastor and GOP House candidate Mark Harris had his way, women would avoid the workplace and serve as “helpers” to their husbands.

Ahh...the woman's place is in the kitchen to be seen but not heard. They behave much better when they know their place.

I wonder what percentage of the women's vote this guy is aiming for?

• Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 2:19 PM, Jingthing said:

This is just a Thaivisa poll. Not scientific. But good for discussion purposes. Impeachment (and conviction) is only one way for a president to leave office.

But let's see what Americans think from a scientific poll. Pretty stunning.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/05/48_percent_think_trump_should.html

Fake news.

Democratic Polling Agency