SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You mean the flag hugging Commander Bone Spur?  You need to learn the difference between feigned patriotism and the real thing.

Exactly. 

Such showiness about hugging the flag (in his bizarre case LITERALLY), the national anthem, and the most right wing interpretation of the Christian religion (he's clearly about as Christian as the cockroach I just crushed) is not REAL American patriotism. It's a danger sign about the emergence of American style FASCISM. This horrible con man does not value democratic values. The people he most admires are strong man DICTATORS. It's sad  so many Americans are fooled by his fake patriotism show. We're in deep doo doo because of them. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Doubling the entrance fee for Mar-a-Lago immediately after the election more than makes up for the sacrifice of the Presidential salary.  Besides, how do we know he is donating it to charities?  When has Trump every opened his finances to scrutiny?

Well, we do know that he made charitable donations to himself. And that he claimed he was going to make a charitable donation to the 9-11 fund.

Despite 2001 Promise, Donald Trump Made No 9/11 Donations in Year After Attack, Audit Finds

The New York City Comptroller’s Office has found no evidence that Donald Trump donated to 9/11 charities in the months after the attacks, the agency said.

Trump had promised weeks after the 2001 attack to donate $10,000 to the Twin Towers Fund as part of a charity effort by “The Howard Stern Show.”

“My office has reviewed the donations made in the nearly 12 months following the attacks – and we didn’t find evidence that he contributed a single cent to the victims, our first responders, and to our city through the Twin Towers Fund,” New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer, a Democrat, said in a statement to ABC News today.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nyc-audit-finds-donald-trump-donations-911-months/story?id=42801444

PATRIOTIC!!!

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You mean the flag hugging Commander Bone Spur?  You need to learn the difference between feigned patriotism and the real thing.

Oh are you talking about when DT favored the democratic party back in the day, of  the totally acceptable during that time period, of anti Vietnam War protests,burning draft cards and going to foreign countries to avoid the draft?Besides he had the golden deferment .   As far as  I know nobody complained  about him than.

7 minutes ago, riclag said:

Oh are you talking about when DT favored the democratic party back in the day, of  the totally acceptable during that time period, of anti Vietnam War protests,burning draft cards and going to foreign countries to avoid the draft?Besides he had the golden deferment .   As far as  I know nobody complained  about him than.

Is there a serious argument defending Trump's alleged patriotism in all the gobbledygook?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Russian interference in the election isn't speculation.  Real patriots want it investigated and prevented in the future.

Once again, Trump "inherited" a country with a stable, expanding economy that was held in high regard around the world; Obama is the President that inherited a mess.

If the economy was stable, why was it the number one voting issue and terrorism number 2, of the 2016 election. Mr.Trump is the President and most people want him for these very reasons.

Edited by riclag

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

If the economy was stable why was it the number one voting issue and terrorism number 2, of the 2016 election. Mr.Trump is the President and most people want him for these very reasons.

Because Trump the showman lied and said that the economic data that correctly showed a strong economy and much safer streets was bogus.  Of course as soon as he became President he took full credit for the numbers he had called bogus, and even took credit for the lack of commercial air disasters world wide. 

Trump lies and his supporters eat it up.

No comment on "Russian interference in the election isn't speculation.  Real patriots want it investigated and prevented in the future."?

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Reminds me of President Bush and his "Heckuva job Brownie" comment after Hurricane Katrina and the disaster in New Orleans.

Sadly a difference is that W's teflon wore off. "trump" seems to have nuclear teflon. The crazier and more offensive and reckless he acts, the more his white nationalist base eats it up! 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sadly a difference is that W's teflon wore off. "trump" seems to have nuclear teflon. The crazier and more offensive and reckless he acts, the more his white nationalist base eats it up! 

But his base isn't enough to get him reelected.

23 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Because Trump the showman lied and said that the economic data that correctly showed a strong economy and much safer streets was bogus.  Of course as soon as he became President he took full credit for the numbers he had called bogus, and even took credit for the lack of commercial air disasters world wide. 

Trump lies and his supporters eat it up.

No comment on "Russian interference in the election isn't speculation.  Real patriots want it investigated and prevented in the future."?

Russian Interference is off topic. Your wrong about the economy in my last post,PT didn't sway the polling .It was the number one issue of the American 2016 election. I do understand you favor the last word,here you go buddy,have at it.

http://www.people-press.org/2016/07/07/4-top-voting-issues-in-2016-election/

Edited by riclag

15 minutes ago, dundas said:

I'm not an American, but I travelled through parts of the US a couple of months ago. After enduring what I regarded as defensive and resentful attitudes in conversations with people  (all white,  I should say, and I wasn't in any way provocative, just stayed low key because I wanted to tune into the mood of the nation) it finally took my Airbnb host in Denver to explain patiently that he's a Trump supporter, because 'you know where you are with Trump, he says what he thinks.' 

Naturally, my Airbnb host was white.

The more I see of Trump in operation the worse the outlook becomes. Look at the history of Hitler, and you're not too far away from looking at what's going on in the US at the moment.  Trump relates to people like Kim and Putin, and shuns America's traditional allies. On some levels he's an idiot and a buffoon, but he's brilliant at manipulating the emotional climate using any number of rhetorical device, designed to dumb people down, not to lift them up. . He's a very dangerous piece of s***. The sooner he's out of office, the better. 

Your observations as a foreigner are spot on and very much appreciated.

Resistance against "trump" is not about TDS. It's about being awake enough to see and feel a clear and president danger to American democracy. It's interesting to me that American Jews are among the most vocal and active Americans that have realized this threat early. We've seen it before. Now we see it again. 

16 minutes ago, riclag said:

Russian Interference is off topic. Your wrong about the economy in my last post,PT didn't sway the polling .It was the number one issue of the American 2016 election. I do understand you favor the last word,here you go buddy,have at it.

http://www.people-press.org/2016/07/07/4-top-voting-issues-in-2016-election/

Having Trump in office because of hostile foreign election interference is very much on topic.

Of course Trump swayed the poll, he lied and told people the economic numbers were wrong (and told them they were correct when he was in office) and a large number of fools believed this, which is reflected in the poll results.

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Just his base, no.

But there are the swing voters and again he doesn't need to win a majority of the votes, just like last time. 

You might want to console yourself with this article

Deadweight Donald

Polls show the president is an albatross on his party heading into November.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/polls-show-donald-trump-is-an-albatross-on-his-party-heading-into-november.html

"When and if fascism comes to America it will not be labeled 'made in Germany'; it will not be marked with a swastika; it will not even be called fascism; it will be called, of course, 'Americanism.'"

Halford E. Luccock, 1938

6 hours ago, riclag said:

He is serving his country and dealing with the never ending attacks on him,his family,his administration,supporters and his Presidency. That is a sacrifice,that's being Patriotic! Anybody who likes what he's done so far,would agree

I hope you are getting well paid for your devotion to Trump, if not then you should

are you an anti-Trump troll?

Edited by Opl
  • Sad 1

You should never doubt what no one isn't sure about. 

Willy H. Wonk@ Circa 1969.

I'm just curious,  does anybody have the numbers on those lucky ones that do manage to settle in America from disadvantaged circumstance and that are considered legal immigrant applications.

There is so much focus on the illegal immigrant side. I want to know about the legals as well. 

• Like 1

I imagine that most world leaders might watch the video below in private and be inspired by the possibilities they have to help mankind when they find themselves in the privileged position their people elect them to. If only we had a President who could think like this, one who could speak like this and one who could work towards healing the rifts in humanity instead of dividing it. I think most of us would be happy to elect such an individual for life. I wonder what Donald thinks watching this short video, does he even think at all or does he think "get this crap off when is Hannity starting". America does have some truly incredible people and some brilliant minds, but they are all too selfless to ever pursue a position as a national leader......Sad!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

We are discussing the upcoming primary elections, the first to be held nationwide with Trump as President.  Primary elections are generally decided by the extremes of the parties since independents don't vote.  A centrist republican candidate that would appeal to the majority of voters in the general election would lose the primary election because he isn't extreme enough for the Trumpies.

For this reason very few Republicans in the House of Representatives and Republicans in the Senate who are up for re-election will oppose Trump because he/she will lose the primary.  It only takes a passing interest in democracy in the US to understand this. 

But of course those with a passing interest in democracy in the US want Russian interference in elections investigated. Trumpies don't want this.  They fear it will uncover something unpleasant about their cult leader.

You do understand it’s the people that vote and not Trump right? If they will not vote for those who oppose Trump, that must mean they like the job Trump has done so far. That’s what elections are all about, even primary elections. 

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

Doubling the entrance fee for Mar-a-Lago immediately after the election more than makes up for the sacrifice of the Presidential salary.  Besides, how do we know he is donating it to charities?  When has Trump every opened his finances to scrutiny?

Come on ? The information is readily available.....

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1341/take-no-salary/

1 hour ago, bushdoctor said:

You do understand it’s the people that vote and not Trump right? If they will not vote for those who oppose Trump, that must mean they like the job Trump has done so far. That’s what elections are all about, even primary elections. 

You do understand that none of that changes the fact that the minority of voters who support Trump will make up a majority of voters in the Republican primaries, which means no Republican in Congress who wants to win in the primary will fulfill his constitutional responsibility to check the power of an incompetent president.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bushdoctor said:

Come on ? The information is readily available.....

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1341/take-no-salary/

And how does that donation compare to the tax cuts he gave himself, the extra money he makes by doubling the entrance fee to Mar-a-Lago, the rents he charges the Secret Service for staying in Trump properties while protecting him...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You do understand that none of that changes the fact that the minority of voters who support Trump will make up a majority of voters in the Republican primaries, which means no Republican in Congress who wants to win in the primary will fulfill his constitutional responsibility to check the power of an incompetent president.

No not at all. The majority will make up the majority. 

19 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

That’s disingenuous, the tax cuts are for everyone. 

The direct effects of the TCJA will generally provide tax cuts to most households but much larger tax cuts by most metrics to the highest-income households than to others. Once the tax cuts are financed in a way that resembles recent Administration and congressional budget proposals, the effects of the TCJA become more regressive: low- and middle-income households will end up worse off than they would without the tax cuts in the first place.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2018/01/02/once-the-tax-bill-is-paid-for-low-and-middle-income-households-will-be-worse-off/