SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jeff Flake says Republican Party ‘might not deserve to lead’

MANCHESTER, N.H. — Jeff Flake has a direct message for the Republicans of New Hampshire: Someone needs to stop Donald Trump. And Flake, a Republican senator from Arizona, may stand up against the Republican president in 2020 — either as a Republican or an independent — if no one else does.

“It’s not in my plan to run for president, but I am not ruling it out. Somebody needs to stand up for traditional Republicanism,” Flake told The Associated Press in an interview. “Somebody needs to raise that, for nothing else than to give people hope that that decent party will be back. We’ll get through this.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/jeff-flake-says-republican-party-might-not-deserve-to-lead

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

As of the end of January

“Since we passed tax cuts, roughly 3 million workers have already gotten tax cut bonuses — many of them thousands of dollars per worker," Trump said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/fact-check-have-3-million-workers-received-bonuses-n842996

KAG

You could no doubt find something positive in the NK gulags, prisoners free up houses, free up jobs, work for nothing for the state, don't live long enough to receive a pension, make do with minimal food intake, don't need medication.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

You could no doubt find something positive in the NK gulags, prisoners free up houses, free up jobs, work for nothing for the state, don't live long enough to receive a pension, make do with minimal food intake, don't need medication.

The tax cut job act, Keeps America Great,

America First ,we focus on our economy 

My OP-As of the end of January

“Since we passed tax cuts, roughly 3 million workers have already gotten tax cut bonuses — many of them thousands of dollars per worker," Trump said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/fact-check-have-3-million-workers-received-bonuses-n842996

KAG

Edited by riclag
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

As of the end of January

KAG

So far the glass is only 2.5% full for a one time bonus, even that percentage is minimal by way of dollars....

With about 126 million full-time workers in the United States, less than 2.5 percent have received these one-time bonus so far. Many of the companies offering bonuses are in the financial services industry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

So far the glass is only 2.5% full for a one time bonus, even that percentage is minimal by way of dollars....

With about 126 million full-time workers in the United States, less than 2.5 percent have received these one-time bonus so far. Many of the companies offering bonuses are in the financial services industry.

fact checked by nbc news

as a result of the tax cut job act bill which created jobs and cut taxes, millions of people received  bonuses  or pay increases. What isn't mentioned is another tax incentive,the every week reduction in taxes in millions of American's pay checks

http://time.com/money/5130699/new-tax-bill-paycheck-irs-calculator/

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, riclag said:

fact checked by nbc news

as a result of the tax cut job act bill which created jobs and cut taxes, millions of people received  bonuses  or pay increases. What isn't mentioned is another tax incentive,the every week reduction in taxes in millions of American's pay checks

http://time.com/money/5130699/new-tax-bill-paycheck-irs-calculator/

Just as I said regarding bonus. On average tax reduction for the Trump base is peanuts, likely one of the reasons Republicans are  currently being hammered in elections. Can't hide behind BS forever.

• Like 2

If you google "Fed Ex tax cuts" there are many articles to read about the expected Tax reduction for 2018 of $1.5 billion and the company's plan to invest $3.2 billion in employees bonuses, wage increases and other plans.

If you google T"rump Corporation or Kushner Company", guess whats missing.  Trump will see a personal tax reduction do $15 million but there is nothing about any bonuses or wage increases in the over 500 companies that are the Trump Companies and Kushner is in trouble in  New York for buying buildings with rent controlled  units and forcing the renters out and then reselling them, two of which were bought for $40 million in 2015 and were resold foe $60 million in 2017.  A typicalo "slum lord" scam.

Oh, be careful of spending that big increase in you weekly income due to the tax cut.  You might want to go back and review you with holding exemptions on file with your employer.  I lived in California and, although I was a family of 4, I claimed 11 exemptions so that the tax liability was very low at the end of the year due to the high interest, property tax and income tax in California which has been reduced starting this year and may might be in for a big surprise when they file next year!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, riclag said:

The tax cut job act, Keeps America Great,

America First ,we focus on our economy 

My OP-As of the end of January

KAG

The obvious downside to unaffordable tax cuts:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-fiscal/u-s-budget-deficit-to-top-1-trillion-in-2019-budget-experts-idUSKBN1FI2P2

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Just as I said regarding bonus. On average tax reduction for the Trump base is peanuts, likely one of the reasons Republicans are  currently being hammered in elections. Can't hide behind BS forever.

"How much extra cash? It depends on several factors, such as workers’ income, how often they are paid and the number of withholding's allowances they claim on their IRS Form W-4 with their employer".

"According to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, a middle-income household would on average get a tax cut of $930 this year, lifting their after-tax income by about 1.6 percent. That increase won’t be perfectly reflected in their paycheck though"

.https://nypost.com/2018/02/01/why-your-paycheck-looked-bigger-this-week/

Hardly  Peanuts,Wasn't this the figure Polosi  called Crumbs ?

• Haha 1

Notice that some of the more all in "trump" supporters have started using KAG?

So what's KAG?

https://www.vogue.com/article/kag-new-maga-trump-2020-campaign-slogan

Why “KAG” Is the New (But Still Totally Delusional) “MAGA”

#KAG feels less like a campaign slogan and more like a desperate attempt to gaslight voters into believing it’s all unicorns and rainbows under Trump. It may take time, but most Americans are smart enough to figure it out when a president is playing them.

"Fed lifts rates, signals tougher stance as economy strengthens".

"The U.S. Federal Reserve raised interest rates on Wednesday and forecast at least two more hikes for 2018, highlighting its growing confidence that tax cuts and government spending will boost the economy and inflation and spur more aggressive future tightening".

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-fed/fed-lifts-rates-signals-tougher-stance-as-economy-strengthens-idUSKBN1GX0DK

29 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Does that mean you are in favor or not in favor of the US Federal Reserve Bank raising it's overnight inter bank lending rate

As far as understand the interest rate is being raised as an outcome of Trump's policies, which will ultimately increase costs for his base. I would guess that Trump's base will not be too pleased.

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

As far as understand the interest rate is being raised as an outcome of Trump's policies, which will ultimately increase costs for his base. I would guess that Trump's base will not be too pleased.

The interest rate is being raised as fast it possibly can be from the artificial ZIRP. It still remains a pittance. It is not being raised because of Trump's policies but because of The Fed's dual mandate of maximizing employment and stabilizing prices. Prices are m/l stable and employment (among those seeking employment) is m/l at full capacity.

The interest rate will get no where near where it needs to be before it has to start cutting again for the next recession that will inevitably come. None of that has anything to do with Trump, or Obama either for that matter.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

The interest rate is being raised as fast it possibly can be from the artificial ZIRP. It still remains a pittance. It is not being raised because of Trump's policies but because of The Fed's dual mandate of maximizing employment and stabilizing prices. Prices are m/l stable and employment (among those seeking employment) is m/l at full capacity.

The interest rate will get no where near where it needs to be before it has to start cutting again for the next recession that will inevitably come. None of that has anything to do with Trump, or Obama either for that matter.

I am not well informed on these matters. However, when Trump promotes policies to significantly drop  corporate tax rates, encourages returning profits parked offshore back to the US at low rates and so on, my instinct tells me such actions do, at least temporarily, increase economic activity, thereby the Fed increases rates to touch the brakes.

No doubt someone will come along to comment further, they are welcome to play with the incredible complex modelling that affects such decision making.

Edited by simple1

10 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I am not well informed on these matters. However, when Trump promotes policies to significantly drop  corporate tax rates, encourages returning profits parked offshore back to the US at low rates and so on, my instinct tells me such actions do, at least temporarily, increase economic activity, thereby the Fed increases rates to touch the brakes.

No doubt someone will come along to comment further, they are welcome to play with the incredible complex modelling that affects such decision making.

Corporate tax rates needed to come down. Did they come down too far? Almost certainly. Should there have been a lower tax incentive to repatriate funds of multi national corporations? No, there should not have been. On the contrary they should have been penalized for not repatriating those funds previously. Were very high incomes not taxed enough? Yes!  All that not withstanding the FED is in a hiking mode. They hike till they can't hike anymore and then they cut and cut again. A cycle oft repeated. Coming off of a ZIRP is the only variable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

In other words, posts on interest rates are off-topic.  I agree. 

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

Treat me like an ignoramus but how does your last sentence make any sense?

Are you saying presidential administrations have zero economic impact and that their policy decisions have no effect on how the Fed Res manipulate rates? 

Edited by mikebike

9 hours ago, mikebike said:

Treat me like an ignoramus but how does your last sentence make any sense?

Are you saying presidential administrations have zero economic impact and that their policy decisions have no effect on how the Fed Res manipulate rates? 

That's about what I'm saying. Presidents do nominate Fed members though.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1