Bangkok police officer under investigation for trying to extort money from Canadian teacher

webfact

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Grindr is a dating site for gay people, if you think it is all about meeting strangers for sex then that only says something about you, a little fantasy lurking in there no doubt, but for the users it is a chat room and a dating site where some people, just like in the real world, do meet up and have casual sex.

You fear for children educated by him, right?  Your reason for this is you fear that Grindr is just a casual sex site, right?  And you fear that someone using Grindr will have low morals, right?  Well, when you can only justify your fear for children educated by this man by stating other irrational fears, then you will be taken for a coward.

You know that this thread is about one particular person and his social activities whose sole aim was sex with strangers, don't you?  I'm not discussing dating!

"...when you can only justify your fear for children educated by this man by stating other irrational fears, then you will be taken for a coward".

You're still not making any sense by referring to me as a coward, I assume that's because you can't explain what you said.  How is being concerned about the type of person that educates my children (I'm not concerned about anyone else's) in any way cowardice?

11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

if that's what you meant, I despise them, and that is my privilege, and I'm happy to say so.

See....it wasn't so difficult to get to the root of the issue, with all these arguments about fear....no fear....homophobia....not homophobia.

So why do you despise them then out of interest?

Edited by lkv

3 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

I don't fear cockroaches, but I prefer  not to have them around me

Is there some special word for that I should use? 

With cockroaches the word would be grotesque, it is something that we develop as toddlers, it is a notion that has been scientifically proven to be an entirely taught condition and one that is only learned in the first years of life.  Of course "not liking the idea of gays teaching" could not be born out of the same process, our parents do not pull us away from gays when we are toddlers, screwing up their faces and saying, "ewwww, yucky!", and no matter how much some adults may make these same gestures to express their dislike of homosexuality, they are feigning the feeling of grotesque, their feelings developed much later in life, many, perhaps all of them, out of their own hidden feelings, they simply disgust themselves.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You know that this thread is about one particular person and his social activities whose sole aim was sex with strangers, don't you?  I'm not discussing dating!

"...when you can only justify your fear for children educated by this man by stating other irrational fears, then you will be taken for a coward".

You're still not making any sense by referring to me as a coward, I assume that's because you can't explain what you said.  How is being concerned about the type of person that educates my children (I'm not concerned about anyone else's) in any way cowardice?

How do you know his sole aim was sex with strangers? 

I just clearly explained to you my reasoning, your fear is justified by your two other fears, you give no reasoning other than fearing he was using grindr solely for casual sex and fearing that someone who uses a website for casual sex would have low morals, sorry but your irrational fears do nothing to provide rational for your fear for the children.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

And if he was hooking up with strangers so what?

I'm pretty sure many straight female teachers hook up, some of them have what is called in Thailand "kiks", some have farang sugar daddies, some more than one.

And some are "Virgin Mary".

25 minutes ago, lkv said:

See....it wasn't so difficult to get to the root of the issue, with all these arguments about fear....no fear....homophobia....not homophobia.

Don't patronise me; it's not difficult, at all, never was.  

I'm really surprised that you couldn't deduce that right from the start and that you needed me to point it out to you.  What are 'all these arguments' you seem to think that I'm making?  There is no fear of them, it's not homophobia, I just do not like them nor do I want them, hypothetically, around my son.

36 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I just clearly explained to you my reasoning, your fear is justified by your two other fears, you give no reasoning other than fearing he was using grindr solely for casual sex and fearing that someone who uses a website for casual sex would have low morals, sorry but your irrational fears do nothing to provide rational for your fear for the children.

It was reported that he had said that he was wanting to meet for sex, what else do you think he wanted, polite conversation?

He wasn't using Grindr, he was using Facebook, he wasn't looking for a romance!

32 minutes ago, lkv said:

And if he was hooking up with strangers so what?

He was looking for homosexual sex with strangers whom he would invite round even though he knew nothing about them.  That indicates strange and unusual morals for someone who purports to be a responsible school teacher and it is also an indicator of someone with extremely poor judgement. You may be happy with someone like that around your children, I'm not.

On 1/29/2018 at 5:48 PM, stud858 said:

Always carry a spy cam.

Pen,glasses, tiny boxes, necklace all can be spy cams now not only mobile phones. Protect yourself against inhumanity.

yeah, and have it set to stream automatically or when you command it to, so the data is off the device before the device is grabbed. 

On 2/8/2018 at 4:52 PM, Just Weird said:

I'm not making you repeat yourself, you don't have to comment.

I understand enough to know that homosexual activity is not normal for normal people and I also understand enough to know that I would not want my son to be taught anything by one.  Similarly, I would equally not want him to be taught by an unqualified, young foreigner.  This Canadian could be both.  Note that I said could be.

Your opinions are outdated and simply wrong but this site and social media in general gives people whose opinions have little value a soap box that's far greater than what they deserve.

The mighty engine of social progress is fueled by the tears of old, white men afraid of the future and like the dinosaurs you represent, you will eventually become extinct, leaving the rest of us to improve the world through understanding, reasoning and compassion.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Your opinions are outdated and simply wrong but this site and social media in general gives people whose opinions have little value a soap box that's far greater than what they deserve.

The mighty engine of social progress is fueled by the tears of old, white men afraid of the future and like the dinosaurs you represent, you will eventually become extinct, leaving the rest of us to improve the world through understanding, reasoning and compassion.   

That's just your opinion but what makes you think that my opinion is worth any less than yours, oh great one?

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

That's just your opinion but what makes you think that my opinion is worth any less than yours, oh great one?

You are entitled to an opinion, but not all opinions are created equal. Some are a great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

For example, if your opinion was that the earth was flat then clearly that opinion is wrong. If your opinion was the sun orbited the earth, again this would clearly be wrong. Likewise your opinion that 'homosexual activity is not normal' and you would not want your son to be taught by a perfectly good teacher just because of their sexual preferences is.............(wait for it).........wrong!  

I have no doubt you believe your opinion is valid and no amount of evidence, facts or logic from myself will shake that opinion (it's called cognitive dissonance by the way). That is a shame as you now have the responsibility of a son, who will likely inherit your opinion on this matter (and many other wrong opinions no doubt),  and find himself increasingly isolated in a world that pays no heed to an opinion from the 1950's. 

In contrast, I'll be teaching my son to be a part of the solution rather than the problem; to understand complex situations through science based facts and peer reviewed evidence and try not to look at a problem through prejudicial eyes. This, I believe, is a much better way for society to move forward.

But then again, that's just my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2018 at 10:43 AM, johnnybangkok said:

You are entitled to an opinion, but not all opinions are created equal. Some are a great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

For example, if your opinion was that the earth was flat then clearly that opinion is wrong. If your opinion was the sun orbited the earth, again this would clearly be wrong. Likewise your opinion that 'homosexual activity is not normal' and you would not want your son to be taught by a perfectly good teacher just because of their sexual preferences is.............(wait for it).........wrong!  

I have no doubt you believe your opinion is valid and no amount of evidence, facts or logic from myself will shake that opinion (it's called cognitive dissonance by the way). That is a shame as you now have the responsibility of a son, who will likely inherit your opinion on this matter (and many other wrong opinions no doubt),  and find himself increasingly isolated in a world that pays no heed to an opinion from the 1950's. 

In contrast, I'll be teaching my son to be a part of the solution rather than the problem; to understand complex situations through science based facts and peer reviewed evidence and try not to look at a problem through prejudicial eyes. This, I believe, is a much better way for society to move forward.

But then again, that's just my opinion. 

thank you!