Italian man held after driving through city shooting at black people

rooster59

Italian man held after driving through city shooting at black people

By Crispian Balmer

800x800 (3).jpg

Forensics inspect a car used by a gunman in Macerata, Italy, February 3, 2018. REUTERS/Stringer

ROME (Reuters) - An Italian man opened fire on African migrants in the central city of Macerata on Saturday, injuring six people before he was captured, in what police said was a racially motivated attack.

The shootings happened just days after a Nigerian migrant was arrested in connection with the death of an 18-year-old Italian woman, whose dismembered body was discovered stuffed into two suitcases near Macerata.

Police named the suspected shooter as Luca Traini, 28, and said he had an Italian flag draped over his shoulders when he was seized in the street by armed police. Onlookers said he made a fascist salute before being handcuffed.

"He drove around in his car and when he saw any black people he shot them," Marcello Mancini, a Macerata resident, told Reuters television. Police said one of the six victims was seriously hurt and needed surgery, but gave no further details.

Traini also fired shots at the offices of the ruling centre-left Democratic Party (PD) in Macerata, but did not injure anyone there. The PD said he had stood as a candidate for the rightist Northern League at local elections last year but had not received any votes.

The League backs fiercely anti-immigrant policies and is part of ex-prime Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right alliance that is leading in the polls ahead of a March 4 national election.

League leader Matteo Salvini distanced himself from the shooting, but blamed mass immigration for the tensions.

"I can't wait to get into government to restore security, social justice and serenity to Italy," he told reporters.

PD leader Matteo Renzi called for calm.

"The man who fired the gun, hitting six people of colour, is a squalid, mad person. But the state is stronger than him," he wrote on Facebook.

Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni said Italy would come down heavily on anyone promoting violence.

"We will stop this risk. We will stop it immediately. We will stop it together," he said. "Hatred and violence will not be able to divide us."

DENIED ASYLUM

Police said the shooter drove around Macerata, which is famed for its outdoor opera festivals, in a black Alfa Romeo car firing out of his window at migrants in various locations.

With police closing in, he left his car in the city centre but was almost immediately stopped. Local media said he shouted, "Long live Italy," as he was taken away.

Tensions in Macerata had risen this week following the gruesome discovery of Pamela Mastropietro's body. The teenager had run away from a drug rehabilitation centre on Monday and met a Nigerian asylum seeker, Innocent Oseghale, the next day.

Her body was found on Wednesday and a preliminary postmortem could not immediately identify the cause of death.

Witnesses said they had earlier seen Oseghale with the suitcases in which the body was found. He refused to talk to the police after his arrest. Newspapers said he was denied asylum last year but had remained in Macerata to appeal against the decision.

"What was this worm still doing in Italy?" Northern League leader Salvini wrote on Facebook at mid-week, accusing the centre-left government of responsibility for Mastropietro's death for allowing migrants to stay in the country.

"The left has blood on its hands," he wrote.

More than 600,000 mainly African migrants have reached Italy by boat over the past four years, and thousands have perished on the journey. The centre-right bloc, which includes the League, says the vast majority have no right to asylum and has promised mass expulsions if it takes power.

Leftist parties have ruled out any such deportations.

"What happened today in Macerata shows that inciting hatred and whitewashing fascism, as Salvini does, has consequences. It can spark violence," said Laura Boldrini, a leftist politician and the speaker of the lower house of parliament.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-02-04

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the blacks karma . They can do it and no mention of racism  it is ok  the blacks,rob,rape and bully after coming in to the country. That is just the way they live we have to adjust But if a native of the country they miss use and abuse does anything against them it is rescist. 

This guy is not racist he is a joiner. He just wants to live in his home country and be allowed to so what the blacks can do . If one group can do it why can we not all do it. He assimulates to their level.

2 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Just the blacks karma . They can do it and no mention of racism  it is ok  the blacks,rob,rape and bully after coming in to the country. That is just the way they live we have to adjust But if a native of the country they miss use and abuse does anything against them it is rescist. 

This guy is not racist he is a joiner. He just wants to live in his home country and be allowed to so what the blacks can do . If one group can do it why can we not all do it. He assimulates to their level.

what racist drivel 

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The centre-right bloc, which includes the League, says the vast majority have no right to asylum and has promised mass expulsions if it takes power.

. But the do goody pc lot will give them chance after chance for asylum and settlement, and they will just 'disappear' when rejected

Before the left start having a go at me , i do not think what he did was right . But and its a big but  ,no matter what the "let them in" crowd think ,the vast majority of people do not want them , most people just want to live in their country living the way they were brought up ,this is going to just get worse as the years go on , I realize that these people live in lets say not nice places , (must be PC) and want to come to better places but they bring their lives and lifestyles with them and they are not wanted .

thats it in a nutshell

MAN MADE FASCIST SALUTE AFTER GUNNING DOWN AFRICAN MIGRANTS IN DRIVE-BY SHOOTINGS IN ITALY

http://www.newsweek.com/man-made-fascist-salute-after-gunning-down-foreigners-italian-drive-shootings

ah, now I know why a poster would refer to him as a rock star.  

they both live under a rock

Edited by isaanbanhou

4 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Just the blacks karma .

"blacks" Karma?

Africans 1.216 billion.

Asians 4.436 billion

Europeans 743.1 million

N.America  579 million.

Indians and Chinese alone make up about 2.5 billion.

Future not looking very "white" is it?

Edited by Enoon

4 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Just the blacks karma .<snip>

Outright racism.

"This guy is not racist he is a joiner."

The shooter has a neo Nazi symbol tattooed on his fact, plus he was shouting fascist slogans. That you support neo Nazi terrorism and the movement, says lots about you

Guest Jerry787

racism, stupidity are the issue, these stupid people they try to revive the KKK actions!!!
worst racist parties such lega and right wings parties and Berlusconi himself are trying to issue the immigration as only problem of economy of the country, when indeed 20 years of lega and berlusconi government ruined italy to a point very close to greece.

lock up salvini and berlusconi first, then you will see how several issues will be friendly solved and not naziskin local KKK will be around shooting innocents !!!

1 hour ago, Jerry787 said:

racism, stupidity are the issue, these stupid people they try to revive the KKK actions!!!
worst racist parties such lega and right wings parties and Berlusconi himself are trying to issue the immigration as only problem of economy of the country, when indeed 20 years of lega and berlusconi government ruined italy to a point very close to greece.

lock up salvini and berlusconi first, then you will see how several issues will be friendly solved and not naziskin local KKK will be around shooting innocents !!!

Have Salvini and Berlusconi been charged, prosecuted and found guilty of any crime? Or is it ok with you to lock people up if the happen to have a different view to yours? More people have been illegally murdered by those whose political views are to the left than to the right, as history shows.

You are right that immigration isn't the only problem facing Italy or the Italian economy. However, immigration and the lawless anti social often violent and criminal behavior of many illegal immigrants is a very big problem. So, what would your solution to that problem be?

4 hours ago, robblok said:

I am sure you would like it too if the Thais start shooting foreigners ? just karma because some foreigners behave badly..

No problem of course that totally innocent foreigners get killed then just karma. 

Hope you understand how foolish you sound. 

If thai people wanted us to leave as bad as Europeans want these people to leave and showed it by protests etc as Europeans do than a lot of foreigners wouldnt go. Also most foreigners come to thailand spend money and don't puncture the economy from living off the well fair or better yet raping locals as is done in Germany or Sweden.

Dont sound so sharp yourself now do you....

1 minute ago, Voodoochile said:

If thai people wanted us to leave as bad as Europeans want these people to leave and showed it by protests etc as Europeans do than a lot of foreigners wouldnt go. Also most foreigners come to thailand spend money and don't puncture the economy from living off the well fair or better yet raping locals as is done in Germany or Sweden.

Dont sound so sharp yourself now do you....

Are you even an European to claim to know what Europeans want ? You sound lik an American.

There is a minority of people in Europe who want them to leave real right wing parties are not that big yet. I should know I am an European (Dutch) and keep up with Dutch news. 

38 minutes ago, robblok said:

Are you even an European to claim to know what Europeans want ? You sound lik an American.

There is a minority of people in Europe who want them to leave real right wing parties are not that big yet. I should know I am an European (Dutch) and keep up with Dutch news. 

Yes I am French but have lived in the US (great ears you got) and thailand. It is not a minority of people who want them to leave that is what the governments want us to beleive this is one of the ways they keep us quiet. It is a large majority but the governments just won't listen to what the people want and this is why the people are taking actions into there own hands and they are right in my opinion. Like when the mayor that was attacked in your country not long ago by a German man who tried to cut his head off (shame he didn't succeed) people who take these actions are heroes and patriots in my book.the role of a government before any other is to protect its citizens something they are not doing. It has gotten to the point where I am wondering if they haven't just sold most of Europe to the muslims?

2 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

Yes I am French but have lived in the US (great ears you got) and thailand. It is not a minority of people who want them to leave that is what the governments want us to beleive this is one of the ways they keep us quiet. It is a large majority but the governments just won't listen to what the people want and this is why the people are taking actions into there own hands and they are right in my opinion. Like when the mayor that was attacked in your country not long ago by a German man who tried to cut his head off (shame he didn't succeed) people who take these actions are heroes and patriots in my book.the role of a government before any other is to protect its citizens something they are not doing. It has gotten to the point where I am wondering if they haven't just sold most of Europe to the muslims?

Please show us it is a large majority. Put up or shut up.

Edited by stevenl

2 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

If people like you were in anything approaching a majority already there would be massive bloodshed of immigrants. On your part it's just nasty wishful thinking.

14 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

If people like you were in anything approaching a majority already there would be massive bloodshed of immigrants. On your part it's just nasty wishful thinking.

No just commun sense, When under attack defend yourself if your government won't

17 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

No just commun sense, When under attack defend yourself if your government won't

There is no evidence that the Nazi-type in the Op was under attack. It's only brainwashed idiots that escalate one murder by a black man into 'under attack'. Racism has always been not very far beneath the surface in Italy with Berlisconi & the Northern League to the fore.

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Who apparently mostly don't vote or make their opinions known to pollsters. I think they may be a kind of dark matter. Scientists believe it exists but can't actually see it. Or should I say "white matter.?

Trump....?.....urrrmmmm Brexit......?....le Pen came second...yes a far right near on Nazi party came second in the French elections......Austrian elections,  and wait for Italy’s in March.  Not so silent these days me thinks.   Very dangerous times where basically far right parties are near on getting in power...The far radical left will bring about terrible times if left unchecked.  They are in my eyes just giving power to far more dangerous political ideas.

9 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Trump....?.....urrrmmmm Brexit......?....le Pen came second...yes a far right near on Nazi party came second in the French elections......Austrian elections,  and wait for Italy’s in March.  Not so silent these days me thinks.   Very dangerous times where basically far right parties are near on getting in power...The far radical left will bring about terrible times if left unchecked.  They are in my eyes just giving power to far more dangerous political ideas.

Perhaps you can identify "far radical left' parties that have any realistic chance for coming to power in the EU...None? IMO it is far better to support centre Right political parties to resist the rise of the far right as the far right will lead to cruel dictatorship.

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Perhaps you can identify "far radical left' parties that have any realistic chance for coming to power in the EU...None? IMO it is far better to support centre Right political parties to resist the rise of the far right as the far right will lead to cruel dictatorship.

I agree with you either side that goes to far makes problem. If I had to chose I would take centre right also.

14 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I was challenging the claim that people who approve of murdering black immigrants are part of a silent majority. Nothing you have posted here refutes that.

1 hour ago, lovelomsak said:

I agree with you either side that goes to far makes problem. If I had to chose I would take centre right also.

very difficult to accept as truth as you constantly post support for the far right / far right extremist comment