Anybody miss me?

colinneil

I am back after 9 days out of action, in Khonkaen hospital.

I am always attacking the police/officials here, but only praise for hospital staff.

Been out of action with a bacterial infection in my left foot (toes turned black),

After some extremely good care i got home last night, (very happy).

So all you folk who speak about poor care/dirty conditions in government hospitals take note.

I received excellent care in a very clean private room.

Hope it wasn't those new shoes I bought you that caused it......... :smile:

..... and, no, didn't miss you - but did notice that it was quieter.............. Bobby will be pleased you are back, he has had no one to moan to...:smile:

Edited by Jip99

I thought it was a bit quiet, couldn't put my finger on why :smile:

Glad you're on the mend, these bacterial infections with bits turning odd colours can get nasty even if you're not wheelchair bound.

Take care.

I am sure many people have had only positive experiences with police/officials and a negative experience with health staff. Many health staff are actually officials also so it is a bit contradictory. 

Anyway, the point is obviously don't judge everyone on a few limited experiences. 

Move on. 

Rest up. 

1 hour ago, geronimo said:

Happy to hear that a POTY contestant has recovered, mind you, anyone that is still standing after the annual campaign is made of stern stuff!

Hey mate good to be back,only thing is i cannot stand, wish i could.

I'm out cycling and running in the jungle, get skin infections 3-4 times a year from superficial cuts and grazes.

Last graze on my shoulder was going septic and oozing for 4 months and 2 courses of antibiotics.

Thailand is a nasty place for bacterial infections.

Glad to hear you're recovering.

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Welcome back Colin. Were you the university hospital (Srinagarind)?

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sheryl i was in the government hospital on Srican road, went to Banphai hospital and was transferred by ambulance to srican road.

My wife asked them to take me to srinacarind but they took me to srican road.

Got excellent care, only 1 night on a public ward, then got a private room.

Now home but confined to bed, a nurse will be visiting to monitor my progress, if ok no problem, if not back to hospital.

11 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes i use Queen Sirikit navy hospital in Satahip ,never been admitted but very good hospital so far ,get well soon , by the way no one missed me when i was not here ,but then i was on the naughty step ,    again .

are you fluent in Thai or how can you communicate with the people there?

13 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

I am sure many people have had only positive experiences with police/officials and a negative experience with health staff. Many health staff are actually officials also so it is a bit contradictory. 

Anyway, the point is obviously don't judge everyone on a few limited experiences. 

Move on. 

Rest up. 

I live in khon kaen and the hospital had a terrible reputation for cleanliness. I recommend nobody go to this hospital, unless you have no money. Even then Sri Nakarin is much better.

Why did you choose this place?

54 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I live in khon kaen and the hospital had a terrible reputation for cleanliness. I recommend nobody go to this hospital, unless you have no money. Even then Sri Nakarin is much better.

Why did you choose this place?

YOU ARE TALKING NONSENSE, the room i was in was perfectly clean.

Have you any personal experience staying in that hospital?

Answer probably not, just spouting nonsense for the sake of it.

To answer your question, i did not choice to go there, if you took time to read my previous posts in this thread you would not need to ask the question.

1 hour ago, siam2007 said:

are you fluent in Thai or how can you communicate with the people there?

No i am not fluent in Thai, but no problem as every doctor speaks English, also more than 90% of the nurses speak English, When i spent 7 months in there 4 years ago just the same no problem being understood, using my limited Thai and English.

32 minutes ago, colinneil said:

YOU ARE TALKING NONSENSE, the room i was in was perfectly clean.

Have you any personal experience staying in that hospital?

Answer probably not, just spouting nonsense for the sake of it.

To answer your question, i did not choice to go there, if you took time to read my previous posts in this thread you would not need to ask the question.

I have lived in kk, very near the hospital for many years and been there often as it is the one on my social security, usually for dental stuff but also had an endoscopy. When I go, I make sure I know the doctors, who also work at the private hospitals. I know many doctors in kk.

I don't mean if it looks clean but on a micro biological level. You obviously don't watch the local news. There have been many outbreaks of bacterial infections, gram negative I think, in recent years. So don't be so negative, disrespectful and rude. 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I have lived in kk, very near the hospital for many years and been there often as it is the one on my social security, usually for dental stuff but also had an endoscopy. When I go, I make sure I know the doctors, who also work at the private hospitals. I know many doctors in kk.

I don't mean if it looks clean but on a micro biological level. You obviously don't watch the local news. There have been many outbreaks of bacterial infections, gram negative I think, in recent years. So don't be so negative, disrespectful and rude. 

I have personal experience with this hospital ,not just spouting nonsense, scare mongering just for the sake of it.

Been there done that, and i only have praise for the staff doing a difficult job. 

You think i am being rude because i speak the truthม grow up.

Just now, colinneil said:

I have personal experience with this hospital ,not just spouting nonsense, scare mongering just for the sake of it.

Been there done that, and i only have praise for the staff doing a difficult job. 

You think i am being rude because i speak the truthม grow up.

Are you on medication?

Do you watch the local kk news?

It's common knowledge about this hospital. 

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

No i am not fluent in Thai, but no problem as every doctor speaks English, also more than 90% of the nurses speak English, When i spent 7 months in there 4 years ago just the same no problem being understood, using my limited Thai and English.

Yep, I've been in government hospital, everyone at doctor level spoke good enough English.

Nurses not so much, but it's not as if you really need to speak with anyone.

25 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Yep, I've been in government hospital, everyone at doctor level spoke good enough English.

Nurses not so much, but it's not as if you really need to speak with anyone.

It is kind of important if you don't want the wrong leg to be amputated.