Video: Nurse thrown in the air 30 meters as "brakes fail" - but somehow she lives

webfact

"She was wearing a helmet."

She was, but the helmet hit the road before she did! (unfortunately not still on her head)

If brake failure, where did the sound of tyres screeching on the road come from when the car was about 20 metres before it hit the motorcyclist??

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jackdd said:

Probably busy playing with her phone instead of looking at the street, as soon as she hit the motorbike the brakes seemed to work.

Listen to the audio.  Her brakes were applied and screeching well before she even got near the car in front of her. 

The police officer should be reprimanded for failing to attend to the victim first the fact no one goes to the nurse first, is disgusting and something that should be taught. The assumption that they must be dead is stupid, the human body can survive more than that! But die they will, if not helped quickly, thankfully she landed in a recovery position, otherwise the locals would just stare and chat about the damage to the car. 

Brakes failed?

Then why can you hear the tires squealing on the pavement as the breaks are applied just before she reached the intersection?  The car stopped just the other side of the intersection too, and that is a quite reasonable breaking distance for the speed at which the car was traveling.

Simple case of speeding and not paying attention.

No braking at all, she approached the lights too quickly, changed lanes suddenly to avoid the stationary car, failed to see the motorcyclist in the middle lane as she was obscured by the stationary car. Reckless driving. But nothing will happen, no points system for disqualification, just a small fine and a wai required. 

Everyone talks about the kindness of Thai people, it's certainly not demonstrated here. Just the usual ignorance and selfishness.

18 minutes ago, reargunnerph3 said:

Brakes failed? Wheels were locked up and tyres squealing? Going too fast and not paying attention! Never, ever ride a bike in Thailand. Thai's are the worlds worst drivers!

I agree...never ride a bike in thailand....not on the roads at least!

Even though I've driven bikes since 1972 I had to take extensive training in the Netherlands to get a motorcycle endorsement and one thing they taught is to scan your mirrors whenever you're stopped at an intersection. 

I was behind a car and the car the car behind me rear ended the car in front of me. I got out of the way because I always check my mirrors and leave enough room to get out of the way or I would have been the meat in a two car sandwich. 

Glad to hear the teacher survived. I assumed the cops checked her and she was already dead. 

Again, an instance of face, rearing it's ugly head. Instead of taking blame, this little weasel blames her brakes. I wonder if anyone bothered to check her brakes.

It is nearly impossible for many of us to get into the mind of the average Thai, when it comes to face. It weakens this entire society, and tears at the very fabric of Thailand. It prevents the people, and the society from maturing, and moving forward. It is a boil on the face of the nation. Face is no doubt, the greatest form of weakness, a human can engage in. Many will say it is societal, cultural, etc. No matter. It is the absolute and complete lack of the ability to introspect, and look within for the source of any problem, shortcoming, conflict, or issue. It is the polar opposite of spirituality, and therefore an absolute scourge on Buddha, and all of the precepts he taught. By practicing face, you are denying your spiritual heritage. You are refusing to man up. To take responsibility for your actions. If a man or a woman cannot, and will not take responsibility for their actions, the problems they create, the mistakes they make, and the issues they involve themselves in, what are they? Are they still an adult? Are they a complete individual, if they allow themselves to be limited by such infinitely small social convention? 

Who cares what people think of you? For those of us with high self esteem, it just does not matter. Sure, close friends and family. But strangers on the street? Who gives a rat's butt about this? It means nothing what they think, nor what they say about you. They count for nothing. They are just people, and people you do not know, nor will ever see again. Face is rife with self doubt, and by subscribing to this weakness, and man or woman is made a far lesser person. For those of us with high self esteem, we know who we are. What others think, what society thinks, what a guy or gal thinks, means less than zero.

Real men or women, simply own a situation, and take responsibility for their errors or mistakes. Small men, social deviants, or emotional adolescents deflect, obfuscate, attempt to confuse, and do everything in their power to deny that they made a mistake, or that they are responsible in any way, or on any level. They make up narratives about fake news, or alternative facts. Anything to avoid looking within, for the source of the problem. Anything.

5 hours ago, djayz said:

Speeding, not paying attention, playing on the phone, etc. then, after impact, the brakes miraculously work again...??? <deleted>! 

I'm appalled that the damage to the car was their main concern - never mind the injured person spread out on the road. The cop didn't exactly break a sweat running over to the scene / victim either. 

It's scary to think you could be injured or killed while waiting at a traffic light... 

I love driving and riding motorbikes, but videos like this make me want to buy an army tank - purely for the added protection. 

The arseh0le mcop was too busy fleecing the other motorcyclists fr tea money.  What a complete waste of frikkin space.

Poor lady.  The other woman should have been dragged from her car and lynched.

You can hear the tires howling when she finally does hit the brakes; all though the approach, impact and beyond.  Not sure why she would say they didn't work.  You could also clearly see she was approaching at a high rate of speed.  Another reason why I expect to die every time I take the seat of one of my bikes.  Can't fix stupid!

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Again, an instance of face, rearing it's ugly head. Instead of taking blame, this little weasel blames her brakes. I wonder if anyone bothered to check her brakes.

It is nearly impossible for many of us to get into the mind of the average Thai, when it comes to face. It weakens this entire society, and tears at the very fabric of Thailand. It prevents the people, and the society from maturing, and moving forward. It is a boil on the face of the nation. Face is no doubt, the greatest form of weakness, a human can engage in. Many will say it is societal, cultural, etc. No matter. It is the absolute and complete lack of the ability to introspect, and look within for the source of any problem, shortcoming, conflict, or issue. It is the polar opposite of spirituality, and therefore an absolute scourge on Buddha, and all of the precepts he taught. By practicing face, you are denying your spiritual heritage. You are refusing to man up. To take responsibility for your actions. If a man or a woman cannot, and will not take responsibility for their actions, the problems they create, the mistakes they make, and the issues they involve themselves in, what are they? Are they still an adult? Are they a complete individual, if they allow themselves to be limited by such infinitely small social convention? 

Who cares what people think of you? For those of us with high self esteem, it just does not matter. Sure, close friends and family. But strangers on the street? Who gives a rat's butt about this? It means nothing what they think, nor what they say about you. They count for nothing. They are just people, and people you do not know, nor will ever see again. Face is rife with self doubt, and by subscribing to this weakness, and man or woman is made a far lesser person. For those of us with high self esteem, we know who we are. What others think, what society thinks, what a guy or gal thinks, means less than zero.

Real men or women, simply own a situation, and take responsibility for their errors or mistakes. Small men, social deviants, or emotional adolescents deflect, obfuscate, attempt to confuse, and do everything in their power to deny that they made a mistake, or that they are responsible in any way, or on any level. They make up narratives about fake news, or alternative facts. Anything to avoid looking within, for the source of the problem. Anything.

One of the finest post's I have even read!

The cop saunters over casually and then starts using his radio while a victim lies possibly dying on the road. I've been living here a long time, but the longer I stay here the more I despise the people, and the police in particular.

In a better country the mob would have beaten that lying car driver to death.

Isn't it just sickening that the woman driver does absolutely nothing to help the victim of her dangerous driving ?    Doesn't go anywhere near her and all the men are like..Ooh, aah, it's a woman and i'm not allowed to touch a woman as her family may expect me to marry her !

Problems with brains, respect for other Human Lives and common decency in this country are monumental and i fear things will never get any better in my lifetime, they are a massive bunch of no hopers.

I don't think I want to read about the ending of this case, should the victim survive. It may just end in a small fine and payoff to the the poor girl. And NOTHING will be learned, by anyone, including authorities.

My Thai licence comes up for renewal in the spring. I am seriously thinking of hanging up my helmet -- this was before this incident. When 65 people a day die on Thai roads (24,000 annually), your odds of sweeping the asphalt with your face are very high through little or no fault of your own. 

Definitely the Nissan driver was distracted by Facebook or something and didn't notice the lights.  If the brakes had failed the car would have gone hurtling on and she probably wouldn't have known how to slow it down by pumping the brakes and changing to low gear. Anyway I think it's rare for brakes to fail without warning, unless someone has tampered with them.  Normally you notice the brakes getting softer and have time to get them fixed before it gets to this stage.    

Even though the poor nurse moved her leg no one showed any interest in her.  Guess they just thought it were karma for not spending enough on Buddhist amulets and she would be coming back as something else soon anyway.   

Archived