webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The arrest of Mr Premchai on Sunday at 2.00pm was revealed only yesterday after a Facebook user, Khon Anurak, posted photographs of the raid at a jungle camp by forestry rangers of the Thung Yai Naresuan wildlife sanctuary where they found carcasses of several slaughtered protected animals which included a black panther, Khalij pheasant, barking deer at the camp.

Scum. 

55 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Is that bottom photo a past portrait of this fine upstanding gentleman and conservationist in his more handsome days?

Anyone who is involved in shooting a black panther in a National Park deserves the widest condemnation possible, given their rarity. If they are a member of the national elite, then it should be even greater. Given the international reaction to the shooting of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe by a wealthy US dentist, one would hope that this case attracts equal attention. However, this being Thailand and given the way that money tends to talk loudly, one suspects that this case will quietly melt away from the public eye quickly, unless there is a coordinated international and national uproar. 

I believe this guy is the owner of Chateau de Loei vineyard, so perhaps boycotting the vineyard and its produce could be a useful first step for anyone who is disgusted by this guy's sense of entitlement and attitude towards wildlife conservation. :post-4641-1156693976:

I'm sure others have other practical suggestions for showing disapproval, even in the event he gets to walk away from justice. 

Ital-Thai president arrested for poaching at wildlife sanctuary granted bail

9e8be7f603121c3b6ed7e2a0fb572734-sld.jpeg

Premchai

A prominent businessman and three others were yesterday granted bail after being charged with poaching at a wildlife sanctuary in Kanchanaburi province.

The court in Thongpaphum district granted a bail of Bt150,000 for each of the accused, including Premchai Karnasutra, the president of Italian-Thai Development, a publicly listed construction company.

Premchai and his co-accused were arrested early on Monday at a campsite in Thung Yai Naresuan wildlife sanctuary, for allegedly poaching in protected areas and the illegal hunting of protected animals.

Confiscated from the campsite were carcasses of protected animals and rifles with ammunition.

Initial inquiries found that Premchai had been granted permission to go sightseeing in one part of the wildlife sanctuary but was found in a different area.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30338116

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-2-6

With this latest report about "allowing the proccess to happen and everything will be above board", you just know that is code for, im getting a bonus and he, the alledged poacher is actually a good citizen wholly intetested in helping the thai people. .......Im begginng to understand my freinds explanation about the thai way, basically as long as theres a story, a feel good story preferably, then they like to accept that as reality and move on...i think you can see this in so many many infinite cases that appear in the news then disappear so quickly..

5 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Sometimes I can barely contain the seething hatred I have for these people and the system that creates and protects them. 

Yes im moving towards that myself and it has signaled to me to gtfoh... it beyond a total farce as it seems nothing bar nothing is above board or legit. and i cant live my life with that constant wash of BS being thrown over everyone here barr the top 1%.

15 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

He's the president of ITD.....no real problems then, but quite inconvenient and of course, loss of face!

He'll sue!

Yes bang on mate, this one will win as well, nice to have wads of cash you can bribe sorry I meant pay others with.

Edited by wakeupplease

13 hours ago, connda said:

Not much left to poach. 

EXACTLY The Thais will take EVERYTHING never  ever leave the small fish in a  pond just empty it completely, stupid ,greedy, it wont be their fault  though when theyr'e  all gone, they'll blame it on tourists just like Thailands crappy coral reefs.

I have 3  big  eagles by me and every time I see them I wonder how  long  before  some local try's to kill/capture them.

17 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Someone has a lot to answer for; it may not be the CEO.

Yes, you have to admire the guys with balls that big, I hope they don't pay too big a price for doing their job. 

Why is there an investigation into the arrests? 

Perhaps they should investigate the crime. 

The sickening side of this is that none of us believes the people charged will be found guilty of anything but illegal camping and the arresting officers careers are over. 

This is Thailand we would all like this aspect to change for the better. 

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Sompote said that although Premchai denied poaching, the officials had a lot of evidence against him.

another example of a wealthy person here whose mindset is that large amounts of money puts them above laws and morality; (and they may be right, Here) 

1 hour ago, norrska said:

"shearing" his part of the story?  Perhaps on a sheep hunt?

Some people make spelling mistakes,i can see it now,thank you very much for pointing it out.

Do you need me to explain to you what i meant?