Somyot ‘does not have to explain’ Bt300m loan in Victoria’s case

webfact

Deputy national police chief Pol General Srivara Ransibrahmanakul is setting a fine example, by stating that his former chief, is not responsible for explaining anything. What, $10 million? That is nothing. We deal with those sums all the time, at the top of the pyramid. What is so unusual about this?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Considering defamation laws here (truth is no defense) can't really see any investigative journalists following the money trail.

Considering defamation laws here (truth is no defense) can't really see any investigative journalists.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

The timing of the loans is intriguing

Appointed National Police Chief sept 2014 for 1 year.

First loan Oct 2014, the next three loan during 2015

Hit the iron while it is hot.

• Like 1

If I gave “loaned” a police chief 300 million baht and freebies to other police officers I would expect to never be raided.  Wonder what happened to cause the raid in this case? By the way I am against child prostitution so I am not defending what they did, but curious with them paying so much for police protection how and why they got raided.  

4 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Any news on how someone on a police salary paid back a 300 million Baht loan?

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Quite agree - he should not have to explain borrowing the money. BUT, he should have to explain how he paid it back and with what income he did it with !

According to the "other EL newspaper they mentioned that in an interview with someone else he ran other businesses and the national police chiefs job was more of a sideline career.

14 hours ago, flyingfox1 said:

Time Thailand “drained the swamp” if it is wants to have any credibility on the worlds stage!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The credibility is within their own circles outside opinion is of no concern, so long as the money flows all is well in the world.

21 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

There wasn't any interest on how someone on a police salary managed to acquire a 800 million baht fortune so doubtful this will raise any questions.

All to do with marrying well, prudent financial management and shrewd investments, apparently.:whistling:

If you're referring to Thaksin, the source of his wealth is public knowledge. He was wise / lucky enough to get into the mobile phone game early, he managed to obtain a concession from the government and proceeded to make a fortune. No mystery here.