Video: Policeman shot dead as drunk shop owner goes berserk after noise complaint

webfact

On 2/8/2018 at 7:34 AM, lvr181 said:

The taser would be used BEFORE he went inside to get a gun.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, except with the drugs this guy was on, I doubt it would have had much of any effect other than to enrage him more. Not sure if you've seen how drugged up guys like this respond to tasers, but it isn't good. That said, a taser or just physical force is about their only choice to restrain a guy from entering the building. The whole thing was obviously handled horribly from the very beginning.

1 hour ago, Sig said:

That wouldn't be a bad idea, except with the drugs this guy was on, I doubt it would have had much of any effect other than to enrage him more. Not sure if you've seen how drugged up guys like this respond to tasers, but it isn't good. That said, a taser or just physical force is about their only choice to restrain a guy from entering the building. The whole thing was obviously handled horribly from the very beginning.

I understand what you're saying, but, it doesn't have to be confined to 1 taser being used. Whatever it takes to take the guy down, short of a bullet. And if that has to be used as a last resort, as Nike(?) says, Just Do It! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 2/7/2018 at 3:07 PM, malibukid said:

should have been shot dead on the spot. but his is of course Thailand.

My understanding is that if you shoot a cop in Thailand there is an unwritten law that you get the same.

It certainly happpened up here in the North about 5 years ago although it took 6 months to find the culprit

22 hours ago, lvr181 said:

I understand what you're saying, but, it doesn't have to be confined to 1 taser being used. Whatever it takes to take the guy down, short of a bullet. And if that has to be used as a last resort, as Nike(?) says, Just Do It! :thumbsup:

Generally speaking I think we're in agreement. But I've seen a guy take more than 5 tasers and not be affected at all. He just got more enraged and didn't even flinch with each zap. These cops are just completely ineffective at taking control of a situation and don't seem to know how to read when things are about to go south quick. If a guy is heading into a building when confronted, alarms should have been ringing in their heads like crazy. As many have posted already, there is a complete and utter lack of decent training for these cops here and people die because of it :(

• Like 1

A few years ago  four cops were shot dead by a  21 year old Thai in an Ayuttaya  condo   .They  had tried to arrest him for armed robbery . His mother set up a safe haven for him to " negotiate ' his surrender .

His body was found about a day later on the roadside - nothing much was reported about it in the media .

Let's see how this one works out .