New 50mil Baht Bus Route Planned for Chiang Mai

snoop1130

New 50mil Baht Bus Route Planned for Chiang Mai

by CityNews

RTC-e1517981299366.jpg

CityNews – A new 50 million baht bus project has been given the green light by Chiang Mai Governor and is expected to be complete by April 2018.

The Regional Transit Corporation (RTC), an enterprise focused on city development networks in many provinces across Thailand, is planning to develop Chiang Mai public transport with a new smart bus project. This 50 million baht project was proposed to the governor of Chiang Mai on January 29th by the representatives of the company.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/new-50mil-baht-bus-route-planned-chiang-mai/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2018-2-7

In case anybody else is wondering: The route as seen on the picture is about 18km and according to Google without traffic takes 56 minutes.

They forgot to count the bus stop at the Airport, so it should be 27 and not 26 stops

Let's see if this project ever goes live and how long it lasts ;)

Hope they will be able to find some smart drivers,for the smarter buses.

is this doomed to fail like other past ventures into creating a reliable 

bus service for Chiang Mai, maybe they need to go a little bit further

out in to urban areas.

regards worgeordie

What a stupid idea. Where is the advantage? Anyway you sit with 49 others instead of 7 others. The traffic is still as horrible as always. Of course you can enjoy air-con and Wi-Fi. That's the only difference. 

I would have expected to build a "sky train " for faster and safer transport.. 

"Father, give them brain "

7 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

What a stupid idea. Where is the advantage? Anyway you sit with 49 others instead of 7 others. The traffic is still as horrible as always. Of course you can enjoy air-con and Wi-Fi. That's the only difference. 

I would have expected to build a "sky train " for faster and safer transport.. 

"Father, give them brain "

And the chance to die or getting scammed is lower. And is there currently a public transport available at the Chiang Mai Airport?

I guess this is the fourth 'planned bus route'  since I've been living in Chiang Mai. They work for a few days and then gone.  Unless you just happen to be going somewhere on that route, why would you take it over an ordinary songtaew or even an Uber ride?  As long as there are other options, a planned route isn't going to fly.