Ford unleashes first-ever Ranger ‘Raptor’

snoop1130

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

I did read it's the same but has one less turbo and a different tune, giving lower horsepower. 

http://www.ngfglasscord.com/en-gb/news/latest-news/fords-new-panther-two-litre-ecoblue-advanced-diesel-engine-uses-belt-in-oil-technology

The Panther is indeed the new mill for the Transit but I don't think it's the new mill in this Ranger Raptor which has a 2.0-liter twin-turbocharged inline-4 diesel engine rated at 210 horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque. The Panther engine boasts a single turbo whereas the Ranger Raptor engine is bi-turbo.

I think the 2.0 Panther may eventually replace the 2.2 Puma of the Duratorque stable so it may be lined up for the next makeover/upgrade of the regular Ranger.

It looks like the Panther is for a broader rollout across commercial product lines.The Ranger Raptor may be a different animal but it's not a white van.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

Hmm that might replace my WT from 2013 that been really excellent & my impressions after 5 years trouble-free ownership.

Okay I would prefer a more road oriented model, it's the bi-turbo engine & 10 speed auto I am really interested in.

Looks like Ford is once again in the front developing engines like they did with the ecoboost engine.

I just thinks it will be quite expensive if it got the whole package for off-road use.

Well we shall see, the world debut will here in Thailand later this year, looking very much forward to it.

9 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Q: Why are the latest Fords so aerodynamically designed?

A: It improves the Toyota tow truck’s fuel consumption.

MM...trust you to give that a like  ... you have been absent for a while ...nothing serious I hope :smile:

Well I visited Ford Pattaya and they told me that the Raptor will be launched in 2 versions, one with above set-up and one with 1 turbo charger only, and app 195hp.

Well as I said in an earlier post, my 2.2 WT has been flawless and can easily go on for few more years before I think it will be time for a new one.

At that time I hope the new 2.0 engine can be can had in the Ranger line-up, since I very likely will get another Ranger because both the truck and service at Ford Pattaya has been very good, no complaints whatsoever.

I am certainly not getting a Revo, I prefer the looks of the Ranger.   

Forgot to add, yes I think the current Ranger engine is used in the Transit van, why not, a very good engine, I dosen't really care where they use it.

Edited by guzzi850m2

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/02/2018 at 1:18 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

Well I visited Ford Pattaya and they told me that the Raptor will be launched in 2 versions, one with above set-up and one with 1 turbo charger only, and app 195hp.

Well as I said in an earlier post, my 2.2 WT has been flawless and can easily go on for few more years before I think it will be time for a new one.

At that time I hope the new 2.0 engine can be can had in the Ranger line-up, since I very likely will get another Ranger because both the truck and service at Ford Pattaya has been very good, no complaints whatsoever.

I am certainly not getting a Revo, I prefer the looks of the Ranger.   

Forgot to add, yes I think the current Ranger engine is used in the Transit van, why not, a very good engine, I dosen't really care where they use it.

You go for it and Transit vans really are awesome wish Toyota had that idea to stick a work van in a pick up.

Many many complaints on the facebook Thai regarding the ranger.  From water leaks coming through vanity lighting to corroded parts on new vehicles and many electrical issues.  Great looking truck though and the one I nearly bought.

• Like 1

Yep. Consider at the same time in other countries people can opt for the Shelby Raptor package with 525 horsepower and 610 lb ft of torque. But Ford apparently knows they can put a weak little 2 liter one size fits all engine in the Thai version and people will still like it. Just look at the comments here--many vocal supporters of this decision.

27 minutes ago, canopy said:

Yep. Consider at the same time in other countries people can opt for the Shelby Raptor package with 525 horsepower and 610 lb ft of torque. But Ford apparently knows they can put a weak little 2 liter one size fits all engine in the Thai version and people will still like it. Just look at the comments here--many vocal supporters of this decision.

Raptor pricing is crazy for some of those "other" countries outside Nth America.  There are also plenty of countries where the Raptor is not available. 

Raptor is just a name.  BMW M, Benz AMG and Toyota TRD models in Thailand are mostly little more than cosmetic make overs but still sell.  The Ranger Raptor could sell fine if Ford gets the pricing and details right.   

Edited by Jitar
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jitar said:

The Ranger Raptor could sell fine if Ford gets the pricing and details right.   

It will sell fine in LOS

But the what-U-get for what-it-costs ratio is out to lunch.

Just visited Ford - spec out a 4 door Wildtrack - 1,400,000.

My guess - Raptor will be 1.7 or higher

If you check Vehicle prices across the board outside Thailand you soon notice that with both Cars, Trucs n  SUVs,  that even Benz, BMW  do a near enough  matching price to Honda Toyo Chevy etc.  Any Logic here eludes most of us.

14 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

It will sell fine in LOS

But the what-U-get for what-it-costs ratio is out to lunch.

Just visited Ford - spec out a 4 door Wildtrack - 1,400,000.

My guess - Raptor will be 1.7 or higher

Seems really expensive to me. 1-7m Baht for a pick-up. That's roughly 40k in UK money. Won't see any in my neck-of-the-woods if this projected price is near the mark.

Seems really expensive to me. 1-7m Baht for a pick-up. That's roughly 40k in UK money. Won't see any in my neck-of-the-woods if this projected price is near the mark.

Why?
Is there no corruption there either???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The price of "tech", unfortunately if that "tech" goes wrong and it being a Ford in LOS then a Toyota backup should be thought about...

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

The price of "tech", unfortunately if that "tech" goes wrong and it being a Ford in LOS then a Toyota backup should be thought about..

I bought a T Tiger 4WD, a few years ago. It has been one great pick-up. I'm not poor but couldn't see myself splashing out on the new Ford at 1-7m Bt. 

Recently in Udon Thani Big C there was a show by an MG agent. The absolute top-of-the-any-range was 1-31m Bt.

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

I bought a T Tiger 4WD, a few years ago. It has been one great pick-up. I'm not poor but couldn't see myself splashing out on the new Ford at 1-7m Bt. 

Recently in Udon Thani Big C there was a show by an MG agent. The absolute top-of-the-any-range was 1-31m Bt.

For me in LOS it has always been "reliability" and if a ploblem it can be fixed easy....I think like that cos I ain't in farangland....That is why I bought a Toyota pickup, l was spot on..:stoner:

• Like 2