Thai Police raided the house

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

you can easily prove that you have left the country on the date the Exit Stamp says if you still have the Boarding Pass for the plane.

I print mine online, so would just require buying a ticket to get one - not to mention "creating" a fake one from scratch, which seems to match a real flight.  But, it could be used as reference to facilitate a call to the airline - presuming they will do, "We verify Mr. X boarded that plane 5 months ago," over the phone for immigration.

12 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

I print mine online, so would just require buying a ticket to get one - not to mention "creating" a fake one from scratch, which seems to match a real flight.  But, it could be used as reference to facilitate a call to the airline - presuming they will do, "We verify Mr. X boarded that plane 5 months ago," over the phone for immigration.

If you arrive at immigration, and can give them the flight number and date, they are actually able to check the passenger list for the flight themselves. They receive the passenger lists for all flights arriving in and departing from Thailand. The problem is not knowing whether you will arrive at immigration to be able to argue your case.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JackThompson said:

To quote from the old "War Games" movie, "The only way to win, is not to play."  I've never had FB - and never will.  At one point, Google tried to force me into their "groups" - so I stopped using their services.

I used FB for a few months, but soon realised the downside far outweighs the up, so I quickly deleted my account.

IMO people sharing their lives publicly online are nuts, and it will come to backfire on many.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Royal Thai Embassies and Consulates world-wide fall under the remit of the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the MFA. They have absolutely no dog in the fight when it comes to issues related to Thai Immigration, which is solely the remit of the immigration division of the Royal Thai Police, the RTP.

That’s a false comparison. The Immigration Bureau comes under the ‘remit’of the Ministry of Interior.

40 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I used FB for a few months, but soon realised the downside far outweighs the up, so I quickly deleted my account.

IMO people sharing their lives publicly online are nuts, and it will come to backfire on many.

Ever since it's launch in 2004, I always predicted it would develop into a  'Farcebook' or 'Fakebook' site.

I just wish I'd put a bet on my prediction. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

Likewise, I did exactly the same, and totally agree with your sentiments.

But then I'm a doddering old techno phobe...

Edited by Tofer
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, elviajero said:
23 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Royal Thai Embassies and Consulates world-wide fall under the remit of the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the MFA. They have absolutely no dog in the fight when it comes to issues related to Thai Immigration, which is solely the remit of the immigration division of the Royal Thai Police, the RTP.

That’s a false comparison. The Immigration Bureau comes under the ‘remit’of the Ministry of Interior.

His basic point remains valid. It is unlikely consular officials would have much idea of how to resolve the OP's issue and, even if they did, they would have no incentive to contact immigration on your behalf. If you are lucky, they might know enough to tell you to contact immigration in Bangkok.

On 11/02/2018 at 3:49 AM, NanLaew said:

I really do not agree that 'stamps can be faked.' These passport stampers that most here comment on so derisively probably see thousands of these stamps in a week and a fake one would stick out like the proverbial. Otherwise every c___ and his dog would be using a purple biro to game the system.

i had the unfortunate circumstance of an immigration official making a mistake in my passport which led to a 3 hr holdup at immigration .basically i was accused of having a false stamp after much checking i was allowed to go.not my fault just a lax official.

• Like 1

Just an update.

I didn't prod the GF along anymore as I wanted to see how she'd handle it, etc.  Also, Since she's on her way to the Cancer Hospital in Ubon today for blood tests (2 years post Stage 3 colon cancer) She has more serious things on her mind.  Su Su Su!

Surprisingly, she went to Immigration in Sisaket.  I'm really proud of her.  She showed them my documentation and they showed her the computer system.  The immigration office in Bangkok has received the proof that I haven't overstayed and the paperwork is attached.  The Officer wouldn't allow her to take a photo of it, nor print it, as it's an internal document.  He said everything was fine, and he allowed her to open video skype.  He said hello to me, and Wai'd and said "No Problem, Sabai Sabai"

I very politely thanked him.  Hopefully, this puts an end to this situation, though I have no idea why it ever escalated to this point, to begin with.  I would feel much better with a letter from Immigration versus just my GF seeing it on the computer, but I don't think that's a possibility.  I hope my next visit to the Kingdom is uneventful.  I'll keep my fingers crossed as well.

Thank you to everyone for your help and suggestions.  

David

• Like 1