Best bang for buck

oval

11 hours ago, Denim said:

Four doors are poof.

We are talking macho here not family man. When Ferrari make a four door sports car then the world as we know it is dead and buried.

You got it wrong!  the post " best bang for the baht "  It isn't a Ferrari, but Porsche makes a 4 door now which I would gladly buy if at home.  Today top end cars are made where you couldn't even see the door handles.  I don't need a macho car the more doors the quicker entry/exit for the ladies? :partytime2:

Edited by thailand49

1 hour ago, rvaviator said:

What would 200 to 300k get me ? Or is that unrealistic considering low mileage requirement ... and Diesel ??

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I bought a 6 year old Isuzu with 80,000 klms for around 400,000 baht, and that was from a dealer. I suggest you just take a drive around some used car dealers and check the for sale ads to get a rough idea of how much you will need to pay. Nearly all the pickups are diesel, but to find one with low klms for 250,000 baht, I think you'll be struggling. There's always the fire sales when a falang needs to go home in a hurry, but you need to be at the right time and place.

• Like 1

I bought a 6 year old Isuzu with 80,000 klms for around 400,000 baht, and that was from a dealer. I suggest you just take a drive around some used car dealers and check the for sale ads to get a rough idea of how much you will need to pay. Nearly all the pickups are diesel, but to find one with low klms for 250,000 baht, I think you'll be struggling. There's always the fire sales when a falang needs to go home in a hurry, but you need to be at the right time and place.

Thanks ... so looks like I need to up budget a bit - 350 to 450 ...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 2/10/2018 at 6:52 PM, JAS21 said:

Mrs J's Civic RS is pretty quick ... if you can pick up a year old Civic Turbo, or better still a new one, that would be my suggestion ... then if it isn't quick enough for you go and see Ritter at ECUThailand ..............

Not for tuning a civic RS...better go see KEVTEC who are dealing with HONDATA boxes ;-)

Guys/Gals  -  the man only wants to know how much he should spend on a cheap car  -  not how many accidents there are in LOS, not how bad the drivers are, not how many airbags a car has or doesn't have,,,,,,,,,,give him a break.  I vote for a new Suzuki  -  220,000 baht.

5 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Guys/Gals  -  the man only wants to know how much he should spend on a cheap car  -  not how many accidents there are in LOS, not how bad the drivers are, not how many airbags a car has or doesn't have,,,,,,,,,,give him a break.  I vote for a new Suzuki  -  220,000 baht.

A new one? Top model is 620k. Even a 5yo one is 300k or so.

On 2/10/2018 at 2:10 PM, yardrunner said:

more than one report in the UK of agricultural tractors pulling out out of fields etc onto main roads and because they are naturally slow half way out when an idiot breaking the speed comes along and either smashes in to them or swerves round the front causing an accident with oncoming vehicles

But them be those city slicker idiots implanting themselves into Massey Fergusons. Us country folks know all about tractors and narrow country roads. The city slickers only know all about Clarkson and Top Gear.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2018 at 9:53 AM, Pinot said:

Bang for the buck with a new car is probably the Suzuki Swift starting under 500k. Note that they do scrimp on the airbags with only two.

It's weird that car manufacturers get away with scrimping on safety features on low priced cars. My Mazda 2 has only a drivers airbag. I realize now buying the cheapest model was a mistake.

I'd go for maximum airbags in this crazy country. 

new swift, 6 on the top 2 models,

7 on the Toyota yaris all models, but no spare wheel.