cement block supplier

notrub

I am trying to buy standard cement blocks 8x8x16 inches or about 20x20x40 cm.  I will try to attach a photo but if I don'e succeed there are images that come up when you google cement building blocks (cement blocks standard).  All I can find are the 7cm thick poor quality bricks/blocks that are sold everywhere. I am near Buriram.  I want to use these 20x20x40 cm blocks to make a swimming pool.   Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, the only supplier of these type of blocks I found for building my pool was Chon Buri Concrete Products. They charge around B20/block plus delivery. Good solid blocks though. Google their website (it has English language). 

• Thanks 1

Thanks.  Did you build a pool using cement blocks with the cells filled with concrete and rebar?  I have seen this on Utube but don't know about any done in Thailand.  It will only be a simple rectangle 4x8 x1.5 meters deep so it is not some enormous project.  Thanks very much for the information.

• Like 1

I also wanted to build a cement block pool like grollies and visited the supplier in Chonburi. Trouble was the cost of the truck to deliver the blocks to me in Kuchinari was the same cost as the blocks, so you're looking at a cost of 2x . That made me change my mind and go for poured concrete and rebar pool.

Nice blocks but, and the joining shop supplies pool tiles, water stop and all pool building supplies.

If you go for the blocks I'm sure grollies will put you right on the construction, if you go for a poured concrete and rebar construction I can help.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, carlyai said:

If you go for the blocks I'm sure grollies will put you right on the construction, if you go for a poured concrete and rebar construction I can help.

This what i am thinking to do for  a little pool. Did you find any valid "how to" ? Any precision would be welcome. I am going for a static swin / run / bike pool 2.5 * 4 *1.5 m semi-grounded.

(I have a book in french, my mother language but  it written for people in  France with more access to materials, so I have to look to english possibilities)

Thanks.  Did you build a pool using cement blocks with the cells filled with concrete and rebar?  I have seen this on Utube but don't know about any done in Thailand.  It will only be a simple rectangle 4x8 x1.5 meters deep so it is not some enormous project.  Thanks very much for the information.

This what i am thinking to do for  a little pool. Did you find any valid "how to" ? Any precision would be welcome. I am going for a static swin / run / bike pool 2.5 * 4 *1.5 m semi-grounded.
(I have a book in french, my mother language but  it written for people in  France with more access to materials, so I have to look to english possibilities)
Depends where you live and what access you have to pool builders, and suppliers.

For me good advice came by remote control, sourcing material was a problem. If you do it yourself, you'll need to draw up a structural design. For DIY project you need to find good steel and rebar staff and a great tiler.

I was lucky in that I live reasonably close to CCP and delivery was free.

I was going to use the thin blocks you described in your OP but changed my mind after sitting on a damp block and had it crumble underneath my weight.

I used a double block wall construction, with a rubber waterstop between, 16mm rebar through the blocks and filled the block voids. I also filled between the walls.

If delivery costs put you off, go with Carlyai's method of poured walls. Alternatively, have you considered a fibreglass pool?

15 minutes ago, grollies said:

If delivery costs put you off, go with Carlyai's method of poured walls. Alternatively, have you considered a fibreglass pool?

No for fiberglasse, the place avaible didn't allow it, even if it was my first  though.

No need for pool supplier : I went to one, found difficultly the price and realize I can't afford it ! Not for the next 15 years for sure ! LOL. 

I need to compare cost of both methods used. Did you follow any plan for your pool ? 

Edited by Rv Hawee
+ info.

8 minutes ago, Rv Hawee said:

No for fiberglasse, the place avaible didn't allow it, even if it was my first  though.

No need for pool supplier : I went to one, found difficultly the price and realize I can't afford it ! Not for the next 15 years for sure ! LOL. 

I need to compare cost of both methods used. Did you follow any plan for your pool ? 

I researched my pool build on and off for three years whilst still in the uk. There are some basic construction methods to take into consideration when designing and building.

I used local labour which, with close supervision, worked out ok.

Equipment supplied by pool company in Pattaya, kit not bad.

Pool is 12x5x2.3m and cost overall with landscaping et al just over B1m.

14 minutes ago, Rv Hawee said:

yes, the minium if was proposed was 800 k. I think it's reasonnable but out of my reach for sure. so i ll go with the mainly DIY option. :)

That was the DIY option. I designed, procured, supervised the builders, built the pumproom, installed and tested all pipe and tiled myself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/02/2018 at 9:45 AM, carlyai said:

I also wanted to build a cement block pool like grollies and visited the supplier in Chonburi. Trouble was the cost of the truck to deliver the blocks to me in Kuchinari was the same cost as the blocks, so you're looking at a cost of 2x . That made me change my mind and go for poured concrete and rebar pool.

Nice blocks but, and the joining shop supplies pool tiles, water stop and all pool building supplies.

Thanks Carlyai.  It looks like I may have found some blocks that will do the trick.  A bit narrower than 20cm but are good quality.  I am going to look at them tomorrow or so.  They come from Korat about 100km from here.

I would be very interested in your comments regards pumps, filters, lighting etc if you can help with that stuff.  I am in Ban mai Chaiyaphot about 100 km from most of the big towns and so can easily go to the best suppliers.  Thanks in advance for your help.  Burton