Yingluck and Thaksin spotted shopping in Beijing

rooster59

1 hour ago, Thian said:

I don't know how interpol exactly works but i would think it only works if all members listen to eachother.

Next time Thailand arrests a notorious UK-ciminal they might also not listen to interpol me thinks...

That works both ways. My little old county has outstanding extradition requests to Thailand regarding a few individuals who committed crimes and then fled back to Thailand. According to the old DA, Thailand does not even respond to the requests. Oh my!  That and having a "non traditional extradition treaty" are 'problems' Thailand has with  EXTRADITION.  

Thailand might return the Piranha Brothers from  Pattaya, however they may not send back Somchai for fraud, money laundering, and attempted murder in Romford. As such UK authorities may be less than eager to chase after someone that interpol doesn't classify as a criminal. As always there are mysteries.

Edited by LomSak27

4 hours ago, greenchair said:

I was not a particular fan myself, however, were there to be a vote for him to come back? 

He would win with millions and millions in favour. 

That is the true will of the Thai people. 

I'm thinking Prayut has stolen some of that support, and if he runs, will get all of it. Imo

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

As questionable as Thaksin is, Thais would probably want him to deal with China over the current government.  He seems to have a real relationship with its leaders.  

His sis looks fetching as usual.   

The Chinese and Thai governments will always have cordial relations given the current global/regional dynamics - whether the Thai government is military, democratic, Thaksinite or a different stripe.Don't read too much into this story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thian said:

I don't know how interpol exactly works but i would think it only works if all members listen to eachother.

Next time Thailand arrests a notorious UK-ciminal they might also not listen to interpol me thinks...

If Thailand arrests a notorious UK criminal and doesn't want to send him or her back home, that's fine. Let them pay for the trial and incarceration - saves the UK the bother and expense.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jayboy said:

The Chinese and Thai governments will always have cordial relations given the current global/regional dynamics - whether the Thai government is military, democratic, Thaksinite or a different stripe.Don't read too much into this story.

It is not just this story.  He is always there.  Has a residence there.  He does the relationship thing.  In doing business in Asia, you have to work the relationship.  Thaksin does it way better than most, even if he does not speak Chinese.

Many Thai Chinese do not speak Mandarin well, and they find China exhausting.  Thaksin and Yingluck appear to embrace it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Someone thought that by cancelling her 4 passports they'll stop her from traveling,

well, think again, she probably has several other passports that money can buy...

...how to get a Maltese passport:

https://www.onecitizen.com/citizenship-by-investment/malta/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAzfrTBRC_ARIsAJ5ps0v-kAP9dWdi_QPkuDQm6te61TqQJ8Qu2jk9fL4cB6-sJmgdQGZDT6AaAg1bEALw_wcB

Montenegro has a similar scheme.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, greenchair said:

I was not a particular fan myself, however, were there to be a vote for him to come back? 

Dream on. Most Thais are fed up with his corrupt criminal ways. 

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

It is not just this story.  He is always there.  Has a residence there.  He does the relationship thing.  In doing business in Asia, you have to work the relationship.  Thaksin does it way better than most, even if he does not speak Chinese.

Many Thai Chinese do not speak Mandarin well, and they find China exhausting.  Thaksin and Yingluck appear to embrace it. 

Not really "exhausting" when you happen to be a billionaire, with your own private plane and armies of flunkies and servants, now is it?

Doubt they're backpacking and roughing it!!

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

As questionable as Thaksin is, Thais would probably want him to deal with China over the current government.  He seems to have a real relationship with its leaders.  

His sis looks fetching as usual.   

Can you give us evidence of the "real relationship" Thaksin had with the current Chinese leaders and perhaps contrast that with the relationship you believe the current Thai government leaders have; highlighting why you believe his is better. Secondly, can you elaborate on why the Thai people, in your opinion, would prefer Thaksin to deal with China.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, robcar said:

"four Thai passports have been revoked."

How do you get 4 "Legal" Thai Passports, and why would you want/need the other 3???

Pretty damn sure that I wouldn't be allowed another single UK passport never mind 3 more.

My thoughts too

8 hours ago, greenchair said:

Ignorance is bliss, especially for former and current politicians can take advantage of the poor and uneducated and yet they still vote for this scum?

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I used to have 2 English passports quite legally as a company employee and later as a self employed businessman. One was for Moslem countries and the other was my normal one.

I have no idea if I could have got another.

At least one of Yingluck's would have been a diplomatic passport, and a second I believe is normally issued to all Thai ex-PMs a third one would have been a normal passport that every Thai can apply for.

Ditto with Australian passports.... a primary and a concurrent pass port are common enough for travelers.... then for diplomats, add that one too.

• Like 1

"Thai agencies have failed to locate her even though they have asked the international police agency, Interpol, to help."

I guess that's because the international agencies - police, interpol, whatever - don't give a damn about requests from military governments installed by coups? What an immense loss of face. Also, I think the Thai government shoots itself in the foot with a huge cannon every time it talks about the siblings. Why don't they just avoid the embarrassment , move on and fix the country properly, instead of harping about them? Not to say I'm a supported of either side, but the horses have already bolted, so stop harping already.

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Totally different level of crimes. One killed a policeman, one rx-policeman killed over 2000 drug suspects.

Yawn, again. Those who lived here during that period were aware he was acting on orders from higher up. No problems from up here either,  it cleaned out this town.

9 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Thai agencies haven't failed to locate her, Thai agencies have desperately made sure that they don't ever locate her! If they were to locate her and it got out, then they would have to start the process of trying to extradite her. And if Thai agencies try to extradite her (or Thaksin for that matter), then they will say that the Thai justice system is rigged and unjust, and foreign courts will agree. 

Thailand would become an international laughing stock.

Have a nice holiday! And don't ever worry that Thailand will force you to come back.

Thai government does not need a martyr so they will be happy with the status quo.

8 hours ago, robcar said:

"four Thai passports have been revoked."

How do you get 4 "Legal" Thai Passports, and why would you want/need the other 3???

Pretty damn sure that I wouldn't be allowed another single UK passport never mind 3 more.

If you have reason for needing two passports, such as travelling to sensitive countries the UK will issue an extra one, it is a very common procedure.

Yingluck had two passports, one normal passport and one Diplomatic one because she was PM.  She had a 2nd one of each issued to her just as anyone in her position would have.