Expats in Thailand – How happy and rich are they?

Inspire

Expats in Thailand – How happy and rich are they?

expat21.jpg

Inspire is delighted to have teamed up with Dan about Thailand vlogs to bring you his latest vlog from in and around Thailand.

The vlogs cover travel and debate on things associated with tourists and expats in the country.

If you want to follow Dan you can join his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/danaboutthailand/

Source: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/expats-thailand-happy-rich/

inspire_pattaya_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Inspire Pattaya 2018-02-11

2 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

Of what interest is it to you Dan as to how happy or rich any expat is in Thailand? Stick to posting drivel and less of the questions that you have no right to ask or know.

Does not one have a right to ask or know anything they desire? Only if you answer is optional.

N

So what is the meaning of rich? more than 50K, 100K, 300K per month?

But I guess about half of the expats are happy. The rest I would guess show happiness but in reality they are alone at home and aren't happy. But nobody really want show they failed.

About enough Money I guess there it looks similar. There are really some people which are happy and think they have enough money with 20'000 Baht. But personally my guess is that most of the people who not have enough tell others they have much more as they really have or tell they are happy to only spend 20'000.

21 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Well done Dan. I like your vlogs. But you forgot the most import stat of all...98.7% of TV posters are miserable, critical sods you sit behind a keyboard hoping they can still afford their next cheap barstool beverage. 

Ouch, how do you know the figure is 98.7%?

I for 1 enjoy being a miserable, critical, moaning old sod.:cheesy:

You are wrong about the next cheap barstool beverage, as i dont drink, but would love to be able to sit on a barstool.

21 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Well done Dan. I like your vlogs. But you forgot the most import stat of all...98.7% of TV posters are miserable, critical sods you sit behind a keyboard hoping they can still afford their next cheap barstool beverage. 

26 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Well I am happy I am one of the 1.3%...singing.gif.95db262938b17310d6b27019dbd719f2.gif

Most expats are nearly bankrupt.

Example i wanted to go with a song teaw from klang road to sukumvit and we were with 4 people but it needs 10 before take of.

i talked to the other passengers  lets pay double then it will go right away. 2 Thais agreed but the old farang expat shouting in my ear its only 10 bht how dare i charge him more?? <deleted> hahaja..

I then chipped in for him but yeah most are hete on a tight budget. Russians walking 3 km with suitcases to save 50 bht.

1 hour ago, Jane Dough said:

Pleased to report I am one of the 1.3 % ers,never thought

i would be a minority before.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, HampiK said:

So what is the meaning of rich? more than 50K, 100K, 300K per month?

But I guess about half of the expats are happy. The rest I would guess show happiness but in reality they are alone at home and aren't happy. But nobody really want show they failed.

About enough Money I guess there it looks similar. There are really some people which are happy and think they have enough money with 20'000 Baht. But personally my guess is that most of the people who not have enough tell others they have much more as they really have or tell they are happy to only spend 20'000.

"So what is the meaning of rich? more than 50K, 100K, 300K per month?"

None of the above.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Example i wanted to go with a song teaw from klang road to sukumvit and we were with 4 people but it needs 10 before take of.

i talked to the other passengers  lets pay double then it will go right away. 2 Thais agreed but the old farang expat shouting in my ear its only 10 bht how dare i charge him more?? <deleted> hahaja..

I then chipped in for him but yeah most are hete on a tight budget. Russians walking 3 km with suitcases to save 50 bht.

So you could afford to pay 20 THB and you think you are better than the man who could afford 10 THB?

6 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

"So what is the meaning of rich? more than 50K, 100K, 300K per month?"

None of the above.

For some Thais and also some farangs you already counted rich, if you have 100K left per month to spend.

For others if you have 100 Million on your bank account you not rich yet!

And there are always people who count "rich" not on money!!

Different people have different thinking

Not sure most expats are nearly bankrupt; but I lack the proper data to make that assessment.  I see three classes of expats here; none I would consider rich. The first are the cheapskates, always looking for the cheapest beer or local spirits, eating only the cheapest street foods, living in run-down rooms with the toilet down the hall, claiming they don't like a/c, but hanging out in the malls on the hottest days, walking instead of taking public transport; heaven forbid owning a vehicle, even a bicycle.  Then, there are those who live a meager existence on a paltry government pension, a teacher's salary, or other comparably low-paid income; they may even be able to afford a western meal once in a while and may even own a scooter or live in an apartment with bath.  Then there are those who have a decent pension or investment income, have salaried jobs or work off-shore, or own some business which pays the bills and provides income. They usually have vehicles, live in comfortable accommodation and even use a/c. They spend money, drinking other than the cheapest beer and may even drink imported spirits, they eat western foods and may drink wine, and some even party like a tourist, at times. They are often thought-of as rich, by the two lower economic classes, but in reality are not.

Dan the Man is an estate agent and is trying to gauge if there is anybody out there who will engage his services. I have suggested before that he learns to speak Chinese, since there are plenty of them coming into the house and condo markets in Pattaya.

Dan's vlogs are just a public version of someone crying into their beer, yearning for days of yore and either unwilling or unable to adapt for the future. He needs to take himself off to Majorca to sell timeshares.

50 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

So you could afford to pay 20 THB and you think you are better than the man who could afford 10 THB?

Well i never made a drama about 0,10 bht. Believe or not there was a Thai lady who offered pay the full amount by her self but i split it with her then.

Well i never made a drama about 0,10 bht. Believe or not there was a Thai lady who offered pay the full amount by her self but i split it with her then.

Should have thrown the tightwad off. He could have waited for the next one. 

Archived