48 out of 144 food markets found ‘unhygienic’: BMA

webfact

48 out of 144 food markets found ‘unhygienic’: BMA

By The Nation

bma.jpg

File photo

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has found that 48 out 144 permanent food markets in the capital failed to meet hygiene standards.

The Food Hygienic Standard Division of the BMA's Health Department announced on Monday the finding of its survey of Bangkok foods markets in 2017.

The division said 54 of the markets were issued "diamond" or excellent standard certificate, while 42 markets were given gold standard certificates.

The division also surveyed 220 non-permanent markets, which don’t have buildings and are held outdoors on specific days of the week, and found that 89 of them failed to meet the required standards of hygiene.

The division said markets in Chatuchak, Jom Thong, Thawee Vadhana, Bangkok Yai, Bang Korlaem, Pahumwan, Bueng Koom, Pomprap, Phasi Charoen, Lard Prao, Wang Thong Lang Saphan Sung and Nong Chokall districts all met hygiene standards.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30338616

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-12

34 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

I already want to throw up when I see dozens of customers grabbing pork meat, seafood and chicken, pushing it from one side to the other with their bare hands while nobody knows what they touched before. 

C'mon.  We all know what they touched before.  We just don't want to think about it. 

On an aside, I suspect the filthiest thing in any public toilet is the trigger on the bum gun.

55 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

O come on we all knew this and there are those who say the food is great, must be the insects and bacteria that come free with the dishes

Careful there, you'll soon get slated by some who will tell you that street food and markets are the best in the world and if you disagree you will told you are uneducated and not well travelled.

?????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

O come on we all knew this and there are those who say the food is great, must be the insects and bacteria that come free with the dishes

There are no insects and bacteria it's taken care of that problem:

Sausage á la Baigonaise

baygonaise_zpsg8arsvtj.jpg

• Like 1

Would it be fair to explapolate that out to a generalization that 1/3 of thai permanent markets are unhygienic?.... and an even higher percentage of non permanent markets, to boot.

whatever the reality, what I do know for sure and certain, is that for me, eating market foods is a great cure for constipation... works every time (even if a little messy ?????).

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why name the markets that are okay? What we need to know are the ones that are not. Or does that leave those who list them open to be prosecuted with the defamation laws for telling the truth?

Yes what’s the point of the whole story, right? Useless data

17 hours ago, Lupatria said:

There are no insects and bacteria it's taken care of that problem:

Sausage á la Baigonaise

baygonaise_zpsg8arsvtj.jpg

What the hell?

Is this a real pic of someone spraying insecticide? Could it be water? Was pic modified?

19 hours ago, Lupatria said:

I already want to throw up when I see dozens of customers grabbing pork meat, seafood and chicken, pushing it from one side to the other with their bare hands while nobody knows what they touched before. 

This is not very well known, but 30-50% (depending on which study you read) of healthy people have the pathogenies Streptococcus pneumoniae  in their nose fully naturally. 

So yes, better cook that meet well.

And nose is not the only place those fingers have touched.:sick:

• Like 1