American claims self-defense as patron says man murdered in Pattaya was "trouble-maker"

snoop1130

11 hours ago, AloisAmrein said:

Quality tourists in Pattaya. That's the sort of people TAT wants for making Pattaya a tourist destination for families. Bad guys in, good guys out. Congratulation to TAT and Immigration.

Good Guys = Visitors within their visa limits.

Bad Guys = Overstayers.

Check back to the commencement of the "crackdown" and you will see that's all it means.

Nothing to do with controlling the flow of criminals in/out of the country or making sure that only well behaved, moderate drinkers spend their money in Thailand.

3 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

"Police Superintendent Apichai Kroppech said the [CCTV] vision, which will not be released to the public, clearly shows Mr Robb being punched in the face then kicked while he lay on the ground at least 10 times".

From https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/02/14/14/44/new-picture-emerges-of-aftermath-of-thailand-brawl

That was surprising as it was first told that the CCTV was not function, BUT maybe the investigators managed to get images from a neighboring bar (that was not yet paid off)...

Anyway and finally - this will be the nail in the coffin for Mr "Polanco" the US "Spanish" immigrant with 2 lifes on his conscience (if any)....:coffee1:

Edited by ttrd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rott said:

I was thinking that too.

Never been in the place but I assume there are a lot of girls there. In my experience they would not stand by and watch a farang seriously assault one of their number. They would normally attack using anything available as a weapon.

No I have not ever been there and certainly never will. But like you I do not believe if someone was seriously assaulting a Thai member of staff the Thai staff would do nothing. It would be a first to my knowledge. He may well have been drunk and abusive but I doubt very much he was a crazed psycho, potential killer, who The American had to stop or the girl was in grave danger. Easy to talk bad about someone when he is not here to defend himself. Not to excuse any abusive behavior, but the fact is this American guy killed someone and in my way of thinking deserves serous time in a prison. Add to the fact he has killed before and from what I read, certainly did not do it in self defense. Two kills in one life time tells me he is dangerous and a person who is really not fit to be out in the public domain. I am shocked at some callous remarks that make out the guy deserved it, or this guy is some sort of hero. Sorry I do not buy it and never will. I prefer not to have killers around me in a bar. Heroes to me are people who do something amazing, something that benefit others,  carry out acts of great kindness, overcome huge difficulties in life and achieve great accomplishments. Two kills in a life time and not even 40 yet, is not my idea of a hero. I can think of other ways to describe such a person. Hero is certainly not one of them.

Edited by davidcc
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, JemJem said:

Will we ever know the truth (or, rather, will we ever think that we know the truth) in this case ? Not sure.

I tend to think, for now anyway, that the guy should be tried for manslaughter, and that this horrible act wasn't anything to do with self-defence. 

It cant be manslaughter, manslaughter would mean no intent to kill however a reasonable person would expect that if you kicked an unconscious person in the head 10-15 times to it could cause death, that makes it Murder. I’m guessing a bit of Roid Rage mixed in there too, let’s hope he does his full time for his latest murder.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SpicyMeatball said:

Seems that the Aussie was a repeat drunken A-hole (no surprise there) & got what he had coming.

Hope the American has a good defence lawyer.

And it seems the American was a repeated violent murderer. There’s is evidence of that, however there is no evidence that the Aussie was a troublemaker, one customer claimed that, was that customer one of the 4 friends of the American? Since the Aussie had only been in Thailand 12 hours I wonder how he was a known trouble maker?u

Lets hope the American gets the maximum and has a good steady supply of KY Gel. 

Edited by cat handler

8 hours ago, pegman said:

Early prediction. 12 years

I think it will be 5, and out in 2 or 3.  He should be in for maximum 15.  He sounds like a v. dangerous and unhinged guy.  I wouldn't want him walking free, anywhere.

I might get some heat from mentioning this, but he's got a Latino-sounding name (Jose Manuel Polanco) and he's purportedly from Miami. Some old-timers might remember the Mariel Boatlift which was in the news in 1980.  Cubans in Miami were clamoring for more Cubans be allowed to come to the US.  So Castro said, 'si senores' and allowed thousands of Cuban prisoners to get shipped to the US.  

Also, one of my best buddies was residing in Miami when the Mariel thing happened.  He said his apartment block filled with the most nefarious people he'd ever seen.  He left Miami right away, and never looked back.

The murderer in this thread could be an off-shoot of that.  I'm not a fan of blaming sons for the sins of their fathers, but......

7 hours ago, rott said:

I was thinking that too. Never been in the place but I assume there are a lot of girls there. In my experience they would not stand by and watch a farang seriously assault one of their number. They would normally attack using anything available as a weapon.

Thai girls would surely be screaming - if they saw a farang doing something abusive to one of their sisters.  There are usually one or more Thai guys working in such places.  They're v. observant, and are not going to tolerate abuse.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cat handler said:

And it seems the American was a repeated violent murderer. There’s is evidence of that, however there is no evidence that the Aussie was a troublemaker, one customer claimed that, was that customer one of the 4 friends of the American? Since the Aussie had only been in Thailand 12 hours I wonder how he was a known trouble maker?u

Lets hope the American gets the maximum and has a good steady supply of KY Gel. 

Absolutely right. I share your opinion. The yank can should be prepared for 30 years at Bangkok Hilton, also known as Bangkwank alias Big Tiger. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AloisAmrein said:

Absolutely right. I share your opinion. The yank can should be prepared for 30 years at Bangkok Hilton, also known as Bangkwank alias Big Tiger. 

Without the steroids and with that kind of food he should think (if possible) twice prior to interfer with his inmates troublemakers...:coffee1:

On 2/13/2018 at 3:28 PM, alex8912 said:

Haven't you noticed previous reports have said a lot of misinformation? Remember even the killers age was 20 something. Why don't you detectives give it a day and some REAL reports including  ones from doctors may come out. 

I'm sooo sorry!  I will ask your permission next time before I dare post again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/13/2018 at 10:08 AM, cornishcarlos said:

As I suspected... Another one just taking for granted what is printed in a paper or on TVF !!

I have read all the stories relating to this sad incident. I'll wait for a proper investigation to be concluded, along with an official autopsy confirming cause of death.

But just for your benefit, here is the only quote about his facial injuries. There is nothing to indicate that this was from an official source, so purely speculation at this point.

"He died from “internal bleeding and severe facial damage as a result of sustained impact to his cranium and skull”, it was reported." 

only someone with minimal intelligence would not believe he was beaten to death , he had killed before so he obviously was not bothered about beating someone to death , everyone knows he did only you dont believe the hospital , the police , news readers on here out of all of them its only you that does not believe it 

5 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Since when we can name businesses here?

Did they question woman who was choked? Did she confirmed it?

apartantly according to a new witness the australian and the woman was just joking around and this nutcase misunderstood it , abit much when you cannot joke around in a bar but it would be good if thai visa reporters spoke to the woman and got the full version but dont forget she might be predjusting the case if she did it before he goes to trial im not up on that but i would presume that

9 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

only someone with minimal intelligence would not believe he was beaten to death , he had killed before so he obviously was not bothered about beating someone to death , everyone knows he did only you dont believe the hospital , the police , news readers on here out of all of them its only you that does not believe it 

Get a grip pal... There were conflicting stories and not all the information was available when I posted my first comments. 

I never said I believed he did it or didn't believe he did it. Having killed someone before does not make him automatically guilty ! Plus I was not the only one waiting till all the evidence was available before judging the guy... 

I'm still not convinced we will ever know the full truth, unless the CCTV footage is released, which I wouldn't want to see anyway... 

Cheers 

10 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

apartantly according to a new witness the australian and the woman was just joking around and this nutcase misunderstood it , abit much when you cannot joke around in a bar but it would be good if thai visa reporters spoke to the woman and got the full version but dont forget she might be predjusting the case if she did it before he goes to trial im not up on that but i would presume that

Just look for the girl with a blue head

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Get a grip pal... There were conflicting stories and not all the information was available when I posted my first comments. 

I never said I believed he did it or didn't believe he did it. Having killed someone before does not make him automatically guilty ! Plus I was not the only one waiting till all the evidence was available before judging the guy... 

I'm still not convinced we will ever know the full truth, unless the CCTV footage is released, which I wouldn't want to see anyway... 

Cheers 

Seen enough news stories CCTV showing 4 or 5 Thais stomping farang heads repeatedly, men and women. Don't think it will be a huge consideration in the verdict as much as the fact that the "Stomper" was coming to the aide of a Thai done turned blue, elevated six inches off the ground. It also seems Tapping Out is not an option here. I live half the year in Brazil and somebody questioned the sanity of doing so. Guess you're right, drinking, riding your scooter and hanging out at Ruby's everyday along with staying on an upper floor at View Talay is a safe and sensible way to go

On 2/13/2018 at 12:28 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Plus, what's with the headline ?? He was not "murdered" until it was proven that he was murdered...

The headline on the original article on the news site says 'killed', Thaivisa changed it to 'murdered' on here. Clickbait I guess.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 3:42 PM, AloisAmrein said:

The prison that is generally referred to as The Bangkok Hilton is actually Klong Prem Central Prison not Bang Kwang.

On February 14, 2018 at 9:16 AM, boomerangutang said:

I think it will be 5, and out in 2 or 3.  He should be in for maximum 15.  He sounds like a v. dangerous and unhinged guy.  I wouldn't want him walking free, anywhere.

I might get some heat from mentioning this, but he's got a Latino-sounding name (Jose Manuel Polanco) and he's purportedly from Miami. Some old-timers might remember the Mariel Boatlift which was in the news in 1980.  Cubans in Miami were clamoring for more Cubans be allowed to come to the US.  So Castro said, 'si senores' and allowed thousands of Cuban prisoners to get shipped to the US.  

Also, one of my best buddies was residing in Miami when the Mariel thing happened.  He said his apartment block filled with the most nefarious people he'd ever seen.  He left Miami right away, and never looked back.

The murderer in this thread could be an off-shoot of that.  I'm not a fan of blaming sons for the sins of their fathers, but......

Thai girls would surely be screaming - if they saw a farang doing something abusive to one of their sisters.  There are usually one or more Thai guys working in such places.  They're v. observant, and are not going to tolerate abuse.  

I thought I read he was from New York and had outstanding warrents from there when he killed in Miami. When I did a Google search when his name first surfaced  most of the hits were Dominicans by that name. 

5 years seems on the low side. Usually Thai courts give longer terms knowing they get reduced by Royal Proclamation afterward.  

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/murdered-bikie-got-what-he-deserved/ar-BBJcJBV?ocid=spartanntp

Live by the sword die by the sword.

To take a persons life because your sense of morality has been upset is just pigheaded. So the perp is saying that because he thought the guy was being unpleasant he had to die? Imagine if he was allowed to bring his guns from his homeland, he still would have shot the guy in his back.

Out and out coward.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2018 at 8:37 PM, cornishcarlos said:

Cheers 

the police said they have overwhelming cctv evidence thats why they charged him but you would not believe it even if they showed it to you