อ่านออกหมด

loong

อ่านออกหมด àan òk mòt

While eating I was talking to a girl who was drafting an email ready to take to the internet and have translated and sent.

I jokingly said that the internet probably had about 6 templates and sent the same email to every farang. I gave her some examples and she replied with what sounded like

" อ่านออกหมด "

I may have missheard so don't rely on the spelling too much. I guess it is a phrase that doesn't translate literally. Can anybody help with this?

Thanks

Edited by loong

In the absence of context clues, I would not be able to say what she meant. I use อ่านออกหมด to mean "read and know how to pronounce all the words." "For read and fully understand" I use อ่านรู้เรื่อง. The situation could have easily been further confused if she didn't get your joke and she thought you were commenting on her language skills.

Sorry.

I had read her draft earlier. She was writing in Thai and Definitely didn't think that I was commenting on her language skills. She speaks pretty good English, but cannot write it too well. She often asks me for help with English spelling.

We were talking at the time, not reading, that's why I don't understand the meaning.

She definitely got the joke.