American who killed Australian tourist in Pattaya bar fight has murdered before

webfact

This is the same guy who was in Pattaya in October this past year close to Halloween.  He came to the Ruby Club and was throwing money around like he was loaded and drank more alcohol then most men I ever knew.  That same night he had the manager go and buy him a fifth of Peron Tequila while he was drinking.  Polanco is very physically strong and was lifting the girls off the ground that night like they were paper weights while flirting with them.  Interestingly, another guy came out of the restroom that night and hit Polanco in the face I heard.  Polanco did nothing to respond then.  Polanco I heard said something to this other guy that caused this guy to hit Polanco in the face that night in October.  I was in the front of the bar at the time of that incident and Polanco was in the back of the bar near the toilette as they were trying to get him to a room to sleep off his drunken state.  I did not see the incident then in October but according to the Manager on duty that night who spoke to me right after it happened Polanco did not fight back (maybe Polanco was too drunk) and the management quickly kicked out the other guy out that hit him right away.  

Polanco was very drunk that night back in October and slept in a room above the bar in think with three or four girls. I spoke to Polanco earlier that night near where the cashier works in the front for a 2 or 3 hours.  We are all were concerned that night Polanco was too drunk and his actions were over board.  However, never saw violence from him that night in October.  I did not realize it was the same guy in the news till the other day when I looked closely at his face on the internet and recognized him.  I remember he was saying something about a woman he had divorced or was divorcing in the USA, I think it was in Miami.  He was obviously effected by the separation or divorce and had been hurt emotionally.  He also stated he had leased a condo not far away.  Also told me of some other Thai girl who use to work I think at Hooters he had sponsored and given lots attention to and this girl had hurt him as well.  Stuff happens, I told him.  In Thailand told him to relax and calm down and just enjoy people.  Sabai, Sabai . It appeared to me then that Polanco had not lived in Thailand before and needed to understand Thailand culture better.  At that time in October, I did not get the impression Polanco was living fulltime in Pattaya but traveling back and forth for extended stays.  That night in October Polanco just was acting very strong minded and was drunk.  Not sure what happened on this incident but I am sure there are others who can say much more. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CockneyGit said:

And yet this man can get a visa to enter Thailand no problem. Well done Immigration, keep up the good work..!!

:clap2:

Because at the moment you don't need a police report to enter Thailand visa exempt. The USA should probably not issue passports to convicted felons but the bleeding heart liberals would probably be in an uproar over denying persons freedom to travel, blah blah blah.

2 hours ago, speckio said:

yeah, good luck with that... It's easy for anyone to say "Ohh I would have done this" or "someone should have stopped it"

but human nature has proven that's not the case. soo many social experiments where people would rather just look the other way or not get involved. Very few people will do the right thing by putting themselves in danger.

I used to think like you until I encountered a group people assaulting 1 man...  I chose to keep walking instead of trying to intervene by rationalizing it'ts none of my business but the plain and simple truth is... I was afraid the group of men would hurt me also if tried to stop it.

In my youth I intervened in a completely unjustified attack upon an innocent individual (a stranger to me).......and got thoroughly pummeled by the psycho perpetrator.

However it generated a huge amount of sympathy and comforting from one of the most beautiful and entertaining women I have ever met.

If I were to travel back in time I would do the same again......but play the subsequent relationship (all too short) very differently.

I dreamed of her a couple of weeks ago......I woke up and then tried to get back to sleep to be with her......but.............

In this case, if he went back and was tried in the USA for the offense he could get the death penalty.  In Florida it is possible.  Also, in the USA his prior offense would be likely considered and this offense and the details would be put together for total sentencing.  I think he could end up with the death penalty or 25 to life or more with no chance of Parole at all depending on the details.  He might have a much more difficult sentence in the USA.

First time I had been to Pattaya in 10 years.  I live in Bangkok for 11 years and just decided to go.  Do not make assumptions that I spend time with this guy or was his friend.  11 years in Thailand and been happy.  No issues and certainly 11 years is enough time to know the culture.  If you lived in Pattaya for 6 years and never been to Soi Six well then you likely not really living there and trolling along 

8 hours ago, jvs said:

And yet a country that knows of his criminal past lets him have a passport and travel!!!!!Well done very advanced western country keep up the good work.They seem to let anybody out but try to get in!!!

Not defending the guy, no matter where he is from but U.S. isn't the only country that allows him to have a passport to travel. People make mistakes and some people never learn and make them over and over again. Without going into detail I made a mistake did my time I had no problem getting a passport and getting permission from my probation official to travel. Like everyone I easily enter Thailand, end of my holiday when I return I got grill each time never complain. Today like most I go down every 90 days and report. Not everyone who makes a mistake should be punished for life.

7 hours ago, twizzian said:

So the charge has already been downgraded to Manslaughter.

Stamping repeatedly on a persons head is surely an act of wanting to kill!

Pattaya has now become Thug capital of Thailand.

There was no 'downgrading' of the charge regarding the Australian's death, it was never reported that he was charged with anything other than manslaughter.

6 hours ago, malcoml said:

If the Aussie guy was that bad management would not have made him welcome there.

Seen plenty of big guys playing around with small girls in a bar lifting them and stuff. Again these girls can stick up for themselves and they tend to avoid problem customers.

This American can clearly not handle his drink...

"Seen plenty of big guys playing around with small girls in a bar lifting them and stuff".

By the neck?

"This American can clearly not handle his drink..."

And the Australian could?

14 minutes ago, Thomasbangkok said:

First time I had been to Pattaya in 10 years.  I live in Bangkok for 11 years and just decided to go.  Do not make assumptions that I spend time with this guy or was his friend.  11 years in Thailand and been happy.  No issues and certainly 11 years is enough time to know the culture.  If you lived in Pattaya for 6 years and never been to Soi Six well then you likely not really living there and trolling along 

in LOS since 1997. been in pats twice (for meeting). hated its sleazy nature. never been in soi 6 because i'm not desperate and because i'm not attracted to hookers nor feel home around the type of males they attract.

4 hours ago, wazzupnow said:

welcome to thailand

good guys in bad guys out???

where is the VISA  control good for?

i say bad guy goes in for a life sentence,once rotten always rotten

get him a 30 year visa with boarding for free

Good Guys = Visitors within their visa limits.

Bad Guys = Overstayers.

Check back to the commencement of the "crackdown" and you will see that's all it means.

Nothing to do with controlling the flow of criminals in/out of the country.

Taking fotos is not a crime, but taking fotos of somebody being assaulted and killed when they surely could have stopped their friend means no assistance to somebody in dangerous position..

Beside this legal issue, it makes me sick this stupid habit to take snaps of people in humiliating position.. 

3rd point, taking snap of someone without having his approval and publish them is illegal

23 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Wrong. The bar management said he gave all its highres CCTV footages to the Police.

If I am wrong - my apologies, but where does it say that the CCTV footage was given to the police? #Post Number?  Thread title?  - I have followed both threads on this incident, and can not see any reference to the CCTV being given to the police. However. I seem to recall some reference being made to it "not working" but not 100% sure of this.

9 hours ago, jvs said:

And yet a country that knows of his criminal past lets him have a passport and travel!!!!!Well done very advanced western country keep up the good work.They seem to let anybody out but try to get in!!!

Having a criminal record - after you have served both time and probably -- does not prevent you from getting a passport (for pretty well every western country).   About the only time they deny passport is if you owe the government money (not taxes) -- like you had emergency funds from an Embassy or if you owe child support.

1 hour ago, Thomasbangkok said:

This is the same guy who was in Pattaya in October this past year close to Halloween.  He came to the Ruby Club and was throwing money around like he was loaded and drank more alcohol then most men I ever knew.  That same night he had the manager go and buy him a fifth of Peron Tequila while he was drinking.  Polanco is very physically strong and was lifting the girls off the ground that night like they were paper weights while flirting with them.  Interestingly, another guy came out of the restroom that night and hit Polanco in the face I heard.  Polanco did nothing to respond then.  Polanco I heard said something to this other guy that caused this guy to hit Polanco in the face that night in October.  I was in the front of the bar at the time of that incident and Polanco was in the back of the bar near the toilette as they were trying to get him to a room to sleep off his drunken state.  I did not see the incident then in October but according to the Manager on duty that night who spoke to me right after it happened Polanco did not fight back (maybe Polanco was too drunk) and the management quickly kicked out the other guy out that hit him right away.  

Polanco was very drunk that night back in October and slept in a room above the bar in think with three or four girls. I spoke to Polanco earlier that night near where the cashier works in the front for a 2 or 3 hours.  We are all were concerned that night Polanco was too drunk and his actions were over board.  However, never saw violence from him that night in October.  I did not realize it was the same guy in the news till the other day when I looked closely at his face on the internet and recognized him.  I remember he was saying something about a woman he had divorced or was divorcing in the USA, I think it was in Miami.  He was obviously effected by the separation or divorce and had been hurt emotionally.  He also stated he had leased a condo not far away.  Also told me of some other Thai girl who use to work I think at Hooters he had sponsored and given lots attention to and this girl had hurt him as well.  Stuff happens, I told him.  In Thailand told him to relax and calm down and just enjoy people.  Sabai, Sabai . It appeared to me then that Polanco had not lived in Thailand before and needed to understand Thailand culture better.  At that time in October, I did not get the impression Polanco was living fulltime in Pattaya but traveling back and forth for extended stays.  That night in October Polanco just was acting very strong minded and was drunk.  Not sure what happened on this incident but I am sure there are others who can say much more. 

This is hearsay unless you have DNA or video evidence that it was the same guy.

7 hours ago, Headgame said:

Really? Self defense from what exactly?

That will be a very challenging defense in these circumstances, if we've got the whole story at this point.

"if we've got the whole story at this point."

I agree, it seems though that many want to hang the American first and get the whole or true facts later. Lots of anti-americanism showing on the forum so far. 

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Lets hope he gets more than 2 years this time,

2 years for a life,that's ridiculous,and him pleading 

self defense,when he was the one who confronted

the other over ill treatment of a waitress.

regards worgeordie

I'm haven't researched this, but I was told America has an agreement with Thailand, where if an American citizen is charged and jailed in Thailand, they will only serve 2 years and then be returned to America to finish off their sentence???

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Lets hope he gets more than 2 years this time,

2 years for a life,that's ridiculous,and him pleading 

self defense,when he was the one who confronted

the other over ill treatment of a waitress.

regards worgeordie

I agree that the legal systems in the West are all a total joke with people getting seven years for a bit of tax evasion and then murdering someone or raping a baby can see you out in eighteen months or a suspended sentence.  I mean,  even if there's some mitigating circumstances,  someone who's on probation ought surely to be there until the end of a standard second-degree murder duration,  not two years.

However,  I've come across previously nasty violent people who turn over a new leaf,  then years' go by,  they see something really bad and they lose it.  If he's seen someone strangling a waitress,  then of course he'll go mental and lose it totally.

Of course,  we are yet to know whether this is just a made up embellishment as he's paid them off and's on his way to getting a slap on the wrists.

Archived