American who killed Australian tourist in Pattaya bar fight has murdered before

webfact

3 hours ago, mgthom63 said:

How on earth is it a fact that he is from Mexico because he has a Hispanic name?  You are aware that millions of people with Hispanic names are actually born in the US?  Polanco was born in the US.

Does anyone know where his parents are from, or what are his ethnic origins?  Could be Cuban, Dominica, etc just as easily as Mexican?  Wherever he is from that his one scary looking mug on the passport photo! 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, norrska said:

Does anyone know where his parents are from, or what are his ethnic origins?  Could be Cuban, Dominica, etc just as easily as Mexican?  Wherever he is from that his one scary looking mug on the passport photo! 

No idea. 

But what's the relevance of either his or his parent's ethnic origins?  

98% of US nationals have 'ethnic origins' other than indigenous Americans (i.e. Native American Indians and Alaskans). 

He was born in the US and despite having a previous manslaughter conviction was (stupidly, IMO) given a passport and allowed to travel to Thailand.

It's not an 'ethnic' issue or question...unless one believes that ethnic groups such as Hispanic Americans are more predisposed to murder... 

1 hour ago, mgthom63 said:

No idea. 

But what's the relevance of either his or his parent's ethnic origins?  

98% of US nationals have 'ethnic origins' other than indigenous Americans (i.e. Native American Indians and Alaskans). 

He was born in the US and despite having a previous manslaughter conviction was (stupidly, IMO) given a passport and allowed to travel to Thailand.

It's not an 'ethnic' issue or question...unless one believes that ethnic groups such as Hispanic Americans are more predisposed to murder... 

It was a standalone question.  You are the only one suggesting any causality or correlation.

On 2/13/2018 at 10:06 AM, colinneil said:

Polanco said it was self defence, yet he has killed before.

Sounds like a total nutter who should be locked up for life.

Well Colin, the Thai Police have a different view. 

He is not even in custody now.

Was spotted and photographed yesterday in Jomtien free as a bird. He didnt look like he was preparing to do a runner, so it looks that this matter may have already been "sorted" out.

15 hours ago, dazler said:

Well Colin, the Thai Police have a different view. 

He is not even in custody now.

Was spotted and photographed yesterday in Jomtien free as a bird. He didnt look like he was preparing to do a runner, so it looks that this matter may have already been "sorted" out.

The Thai authorities may have thought it better to have a deceased farang than a murdered Thai lady..may have regarded him as some sort of sort of hero.

Who knows?

On ‎16‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 1:36 AM, norrska said:

The surname POLANCO is Spanish 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polanco_(surname)

14 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

And so is his first and middle name......

Yes its correct, but the first and middle name are given names and doesnt actually doc the origin which the surname does...;)

Anyway, these days anyone can change their names to whatever they want with the exception of certain protected names...

36 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Yes its correct, but the first and middle name are given names and doesnt actually doc the origin which the surname does...;)

Anyway, these days anyone can change their names to whatever they want with the exception of certain protected names...

https://www.wikihow.com/Legally-Change-Your-Name

34 minutes ago, ttrd said:

It's totally easy for Thais to change the whole name

On February 13, 2018 at 11:46 PM, bkkcanuck8 said:

As of the end of 2015, Canadian Immigration has access to NCIC database.  The US has access to the CPIC operated by the RCMP -- so criminal records within continental North America are integrated for border services.

Okay so you're saying that the United States and Canada are sharing information what does that have to do with keeping people like this guy out of Thailand?  This guy was able to get into Thailand how does American and Canadian information sharing effect this?    It doesn't have anything to do with this it just means the United States and Canada share data.  

On 2018-02-15 at 10:29 PM, mgthom63 said:

How on earth is it a fact that he is from Mexico because he has a Hispanic name?  You are aware that millions of people with Hispanic names are actually born in the US?  Polanco was born in the US.

I wrote "given his looks". I never mentioned Mexico.

11 minutes ago, NightRider70 said:

I wrote "given his looks". I never mentioned Mexico.

My sincere apologies.  I didn't mean to misquote you.

I think you agreed with the suggestion that he was from the 'other side of the border'.  Based upon his looks and name

But then you said it wasn't just an assumption but actually a fact.

Could the 'other side of the border' be Canada?

Mexican.JPG

3 hours ago, Koratjohn77 said:

Okay so you're saying that the United States and Canada are sharing information what does that have to do with keeping people like this guy out of Thailand?  This guy was able to get into Thailand how does American and Canadian information sharing effect this?    It doesn't have anything to do with this it just means the United States and Canada share data.  

You are quoting out of context, the response was to an individual who was saying that they are not worried about what is in the NCIC database because because basically no one in immigration anywhere has access to it.  I was telling him that what is in NCIC database is accessible by Canadian immigration so it will come back to haunt him potentially if he wanted to enter Canada.... not in response to the overall topic.

49 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

You are quoting out of context, the response was to an individual who was saying that they are not worried about what is in the NCIC database because because basically no one in immigration anywhere has access to it.  I was telling him that what is in NCIC database is accessible by Canadian immigration so it will come back to haunt him potentially if he wanted to enter Canada.... not in response to the overall topic.

Okay, lol to bad he didn't go to Canada instead of Thailand then I guess, I don't know.  I don't know how that's really relevant but okay maybe I misunderstood something or am missing something I thought you were replying to me.  

13 hours ago, mgthom63 said:

My sincere apologies.  I didn't mean to misquote you.

I think you agreed with the suggestion that he was from the 'other side of the border'.  Based upon his looks and name

But then you said it wasn't just an assumption but actually a fact.

Could the 'other side of the border' be Canada?

Mexican.JPG

I read "other side of the border" as south of USA, so it could be Mexico but also any south American country.

His looks reveals his ancestors did not come with the Mayflower and his name sustains it.

On 2/14/2018 at 10:31 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Probably right about "length of stay", but that really bugs me when murderers get out of jail at all. First degree murder or manslaughter with violence should mean actual life without parole, till they die in jail.

How was he allowed in into Thailand in the first place ????????, one needs to know

On 2/14/2018 at 12:20 AM, Just Weird said:

"Seen plenty of big guys playing around with small girls in a bar lifting them and stuff".

By the neck?

"This American can clearly not handle his drink..."

And the Australian could?

Clearly he could otherwise the girls would have gone at him.

I lived there five years, don't worry the girls let you know if they are genuinely upset about something.

On 2/13/2018 at 10:25 AM, CockneyGit said:

And yet this man can get a visa to enter Thailand no problem. Well done Immigration, keep up the good work..!!

:clap2:

On 2/13/2018 at 10:26 AM, worgeordie said:

Lets hope he gets more than 2 years this time,

2 years for a life,that's ridiculous,and him pleading 

self defense,when he was the one who confronted

the other over ill treatment of a waitress.

regards worgeordie

Jose has already been released with his passport.

No court case, no reenactment, no Justice.

28 minutes ago, jeff hard said:

Jose has already been released with his passport.

No court case, no reenactment, no Justice.

He needs to buy a lottery ticket,as he is a very lucky man

let's hope next time......he will not be so.

regards worgeordie

Archived