Florida victim's mom screams - 'Trump stop guns getting into children's hands'

webfact

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

Guns and gun owners kill.  If it were much harder to acquire a gun in the US then there would be less shootings ...   it's not rocket science  !   :shock1:

Indeed steven100 , I can't understand the logic of a teen that can get a legal gun licence , then can go to a  'gun shop' buy a weapon legaly who then can carry it legaly to a school enter that school with it and kill as many as he wishes.  Complete madness.

I said after the last event like this . Read Jodi Picoult's book ' Nineteen minutes '  that was how long it took to drive to school and kill a dozen school mates. A best selling novel ok but it gives a reason why this can happen.

51 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Indeed steven100 , I can't understand the logic of a teen that can get a legal gun licence , then can go to a  'gun shop' buy a weapon legaly who then can carry it legaly to a school enter that school with it and kill as many as he wishes.  Complete madness.

I said after the last event like this . Read Jodi Picoult's book ' Nineteen minutes '  that was how long it took to drive to school and kill a dozen school mates. A best selling novel ok but it gives a reason why this can happen.

What is this mysterious "gun shop" you are talking about?

Guns are sold in #@$%^& supermarkets!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

In a DUI, we blame the driver... In a bombing, we blame the bomber... In a shooting, we blame the gun?

Now just take a look at all the people who have died here in Thailand in a car, truck, van, or bus.

Do we need to put a ban on all of them?

No, you need gun control.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/analysis-these-4-countries-have-nearly-eliminated-gun-deaths-—-heres-what-the-us-can-learn/ar-BBF0H3L?li=AA4Zpp&ocid=spartandhp

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

Guns and gun owners kill.  If it were much harder to acquire a gun in the US then there would be less shootings ...   it's not rocket science  !   :shock1:

It's Not the guns Fault   It's the Idiot Peoples Fault,Same with Alcohol ,,,Alcohol isn't the Fault,,, It's stupid people who drunk that are the problem,,,Same with  cars It's Not the cars fault for the carnage on the roads ,,It's the Stupid people Driving that are the problem,,, Should we Ban alcohol and Cars from People to Buy,,,Get Real wake up ,,,

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, digger70 said:

It's Not the guns Fault   It's the Idiot Peoples Fault,Same with Alcohol ,,,Alcohol isn't the Fault,,, It's stupid people who drunk that are the problem,,,Same with  cars It's Not the cars fault for the carnage on the roads ,,It's the Stupid people Driving that are the problem,,, Should we Ban alcohol and Cars from People to Buy,,,Get Real wake up ,,,

I just saw a Chris Rock show. He said if some large amount of people got killed in a mass murder by some guy with a knife, they would deserve to die for being so stupid as not to run away. It's a lot harder to outrun a bullet.

In addition, your comment doesn't explain why America has such a high incidence of mass murders. What does correlate with that is the high percentage of weapons in the hands of the citizenry. It's the highest percentage in the world.

Just now, stevenl said:

Get real, look at the purpose of the objects you mention. Only guns are built to kill.

So are Knives ,Cars,Broom handles,Screwdrivers, forks,toothbrush,nail files,Pencil,Stick/Bamboo,,,You have to come up with a better Bullshit argument than that,,,,,People Kill,,,,,

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I just saw a Chris Rock show. He said if some large amount of people got killed in a mass murder by some guy with a knife, they would deserve to die for being so stupid as not to run away. It's a lot harder to outrun a bullet.

In addition, your comment doesn't explain why America has such a high incidence of mass murders. What does correlate with that is the high percentage of weapons in the hands of the citizenry. It's the highest percentage in the world.

Well It's like this the Us has got a lot of crazy people,Just look at Thailand with their Cars ,Thailand Got a Lot of Crazy People too They Hold the Gold medal for most Road kills,,,,,There are No excuses for People, It's the people who Kill,,,,

• Sad 1

Just now, digger70 said:

Well It's like this the Us has got a lot of crazy people,Just look at Thailand with their Cars ,Thailand Got a Lot of Crazy People too They Hold the Gold medal for most Road kills,,,,,There are No excuses for People, It's the people who Kill,,,,

But crazy people with guns can kill a lot more people than crazy people with knives.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Why is it that only the USA has this big problem? I think you have the same amount of stupid people as any other country. Not the same gun laws though.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

By your logic what would it matter if a would-be mass murder had a tank or a B52  bomber?

That's stupid ,,,,How many big Machines are there like bulldozers excavaters If one want' to Kill they Will find Something

5 minutes ago, digger70 said:

There's a lot of Crazy people in the US

Levels of serious mental illness in the USA are similar to those in other wealthy nations with a lot lower rate of mass murders..

"If mental health made the difference, then data would show that Americans have more mental health problems than do people in other countries with fewer mass shootings. But the mental health care spending rate in the United States, the number of mental health professionals per capita and the rate of severe mental disorders are all in line with those of other wealthy countries."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/world/americas/mass-shootings-us-international.html

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

You

You're the one contending that the weapon doesn't matter. You should look up "lethality" and "stopping power."

I will bet you my Lefty that I can do more Damage and Kill more people with a Bulldozer or a Real truck or a loader than you will aver can do with a gun,,,,,  :thumbsup:

Just now, digger70 said:

I will bet you my Lefty that I can do more Damage and Kill more people with a Bulldozer or a Real truck or a loader than you will aver can do with a gun,,,,,  :thumbsup:

But in the USA it's so easy to get a gun and so hard to learn to drive a stick. And you seem immune to the evidence that incidence mass murders corrrelates highly with the amount of guns owned by the citizenry.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

But in the USA it's so easy to get a gun and so hard to learn to drive a stick. And you seem immune to the evidence that incidence mass murders corrrelates highly with the amount of guns owned by the citizenry.

That's crap ,,,In AU one can get a gun if one wanted to  not to hard to get,,,I had 7,,, None now,,,  Haven't shot people yet,It doesn't matter how many guns or cars or knives or pencils there are ,,,If one wants to Kill one does with whatever they can. Amen

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

No such thing as a "junior-high" in England.

The only time I've seen a gun was whilst on holiday in the US, staying with 'friends'.  The husband was v proud of his gun, and my husband was fascinated :sad:.... 

Even worse, they held a party - and I was completely taken aback at the way the women stayed indoors, talking about their children - whilst the men were outside talking about guns.....

That fascinates you? Happens in Thailand also (at least in Nakhon Nowhere) where the womenfolk form their little groups and gab about whatever and guys go out and talk about motorcycles, cars/trucks, farming, etc.

Sam Harris has an excellent podcast about this topic. Well worth the listen although it may be too intellectual for some.

On a more frivolous note; at least, as of this post, nobody has made the ridiculous argument that the 2nd amendment only applies to 1770's era guns. Which is always rich when posted on a forum as they consider that a freedom of expression. Using their own logic they should only be allowed to express themselves verbally or writing it with a quill pen that is either hand copied or transferred to a manual printing press and then delivered by horseback.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, dave_boo said:

Sam Harris has an excellent podcast about this topic. Well worth the listen although it may be too intellectual for some.

On a more frivolous note; at least, as of this post, nobody has made the ridiculous argument that the 2nd amendment only applies to 1770's era guns. Which is always rich when posted on a forum as they consider that a freedom of expression. Using their own logic they should only be allowed to express themselves verbally or writing it with a quill pen that is either hand copied or transferred to a manual printing press and then delivered by horseback.

I never heard that argument.

I did hear the argument that when the amendment was written fire arms were different and the US was different.