Frenchman seeks help from Pattaya police over cold "assault" case and cold pizza!

Jonathan Fairfield

But, sadly, I don't agree that it is okay that one should just walk out without paying in such circumstances. I mean, of course there have been times that I found the food at a restaurant below-par for some reason, both in Thailand and elsewhere; but I always paid. Just don't go that place again; and, if you don't feel lazy, post some negative reviews in relevant Web sites.

i think hes right to only pay for what they eat, however ive been down this road many times in the past with the Thais, arguing over a few baht. when you put it all in per portion, it really is just not worth the hassle. pay up move on and get on with enjoying your life. i know easier said than done.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Where was this ?

And was it simply a case of over-charging or was there other issues ?

In Chiang Mai.  Located near Yellow Bar ... the place is named Bamb** Cafe and has a Bamboo style  frontage.

It was an issue of simply  being over charged. I did observe prior to being served the male waitor appeared erratic and was dancing around the restaurant. At first i presumed he was happy but now realise he could have been Yabbered up to his eye balls. 

Edited by SpeakeasyThai
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I would never send anything back,if you are lucky they

will only spit on it,best to walk out straight away.

So a cold case the Police thought they had seen the back

of,3 months later and they are going to collect witness 

statements, good luck with that.

regards Worgeordie

Agreed. My friend is a chef and he says he seen that happen a million times when people complain or send food back. Never send it back

• Like 1

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I would never send anything back,if you are lucky they

will only spit on it,best to walk out straight away.

So a cold case the Police thought they had seen the back

of,3 months later and they are going to collect witness 

statements, good luck with that.

regards Worgeordie

Agree 100%. Never send food back. If I don't like it, I don't eat it. Just don't return to restaurant again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Whilst he could not post directly on the incident if he names the restaurant, he could mention it in Trip Adviser or any of the other social media platforms that host reviews and achieve a measure of disclosure.

I will mention directly..They can stick there law in there ass. Robbing people and being protected lol. It's there moto.here. With a non reforming leader and a non existent police force..He put another on the case lol. The other clown should have been fired.

• Like 2

A number of troll posts and answers have been removed.

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

1 hour ago, cmrichsw said:

"The customer is always right" is long gone. Here if you complain you are a trouble maker. It is no wonder good businesses cannot be established here. 

Customer is Always Right.jpg

prime example 

I joined a new gym..It just opened on Naklua road Naklua. 2  story grd flr 2 air cons and 2 ceiling fans. Upstairs heavy weights room no ventilation not 1 fan in sight. They advertise air conditioned but the Serb owner and his Thai lovely decided to turn it up to 28 degrees. This aircon is for a ep sq condo lol.  Even turned to 24 will struggle. Huge room  sweat box..Once l confronted the Thai she said people get sick lol. More like you get sick paying the electric. Also people will get sick from heat exhaustion. She did give a full refund on the grounds I was a trouble maker I have trained hundreds of people been to school qualified..These people can't do business. Not in there nature in Pattaya.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Whilst he could not post directly on the incident if he names the restaurant, he could mention it in Trip Adviser or any of the other social media platforms that host reviews and achieve a measure of disclosure.

Burn them on Trip advisor it comes up like a gem in Google key words