Thaivisa exclusive: Aussie bound biker stranded in Thailand talks to Thaivisa after being dumped off plane in Bangkok

rooster59

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Yep, Aus don't want him but LOS does....Bit strange...:sad:

WHAT!

LOS doesn't want him ( any more than anyone else ) but if the airline won't carry him, he's stuck in LOS.

If Oz has cancelled his PR he'll have to go back to the UK if he can't stay in LOS, provided he can get papers from the embassy.

As usual there are gaps in this story & info that doesn't seem correct, i.e. "....But left without a visa in Thailand he paid a lawyer $2,000 AUS to arrange a Thai retirement visa for him after being denied leaving on Wednesday.  He said this gave him permission to be in Thailand for a year ...." Umm, how did he meet the funds position for a Retirement Visa ? Or was this another of those,TV advertisers, "we'll get you a Visa, cos we'll use one of our Spec.accounts".... Running out of money, mortgage, private schools, etc!!  All a bit airy fairy!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, rebo said:

Wondering if he really could show a Thai bank account of at least 800'000 THB for at least the last 3 months in his name ...

We can assume he came in on some type of 30 day visa on entry and therefore the big problem is starting the change of visa which will require him to go thru all those loops that usually require a visit to an embassy/consulate overseas to get the correct type of "permission to stay" to eeven begin the process.  It takes more than 2 months to get that done so I see his problem as not being the funds (assuming he has them) as getting out of Thailand and getting a re-entry to start the "retirement" process.

(NB; As stated by others earlier the first retirement extension only requires 2 months-later ones are 3 months seasoning)

Edited by scottiejohn

15 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

We can assume he came in on some type of 30 day visa on entry and therefore the big problem is starting the change of visa which will require him to go thru all those loops that usually require a visit to an embassy/consulate overseas to get the correct type of "permission to stay" to eeven begin the process.  It takes more than 2 months to get that done so I see his problem as not being the funds (assuming he has them) as getting out of Thailand and getting a re-entry to start the "retirement" process.

(NB; As stated by others earlier the first retirement extension only requires 2 months-later ones are 3 months seasoning)

He qualified for 30 day visa exempt, did not need visa on entry.

Without looking it all up, I believe one can complete the conversion process to Non O while remaining in LOS. Tell me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1