Running Injury - Some advice before doctor.

BBJ

7 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:
3 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

Oh no, not the old discarded “running will ruin your joints” argument!

Sent from my ica;Pad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Depends if your a fat pig or not

I'm not taking any chances.

One of the things I like about cycling is that you can go places.

Running doesn't take you very far.

My brother in law prefers running, because cycling takes so long to burn  calories

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother in law prefers running, because cycling takes so long to burn  calories

I do agree with you on getting outside and cycling - or running. If one wants to make time stand still run on a treadmill or ride an indoor cycle.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

People should exercise primarily for heart and general health. People wanting to lose weight can drop it a hundred times faster on a keto diet.
It takes 30 minutes just to burn off a donut and coffee.. Burning off a pizza maybe half a day lol

I see people in my gym at the condo going for years without losing an inch of gut. Just so much misinformation out there

41 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

People should exercise primarily for heart and general health. People wanting to lose weight can drop it a hundred times faster on a keto diet.
It takes 30 minutes just to burn off a donut and coffee.. Burning off a pizza maybe half a day lol

I see people in my gym at the condo going for years without losing an inch of gut. Just so much misinformation out there

I don't think he burns calories to lose weight.  He drinks sensibly to lose weight.

As you say, he burns calories to work his heart and build up his muscles.

I think he's a bit competitive as well.

SC

Like I said before, adventure and enduro riding is the best workout for me.  I do use the gym for cycling and swimming at the gym provided at the health club on the estate, but I bought an elliptical machine for home.  Works better for me because I need a beat to keep me going and headphones annoy me.  Blast the music in my own home without bothering others and use the music as a target.    I'm hoping to get back into tennis if my shoulder holds so I think the combo of stuff will be good.

As for weight, I've never been fat as I have always been active.  I took running up because of my injured shoulder that prevented me from playing tennis and that's when I started to put the pounds on.  It's more about maintaining my weight and keeping fit as the cardio definitely helps when you handling a 200kg bike at 120kph plus on dirt.

Archived