Trump blasts Oprah over 60 Minutes episode

webfact

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

No one was duped by Trump, The Dem's ran as their candidate one of the most vile characters ever to creep out of the swamp. As much as people had their reservations about Trump, it was less scary than their knowledge of Hilary. And then Hilary called Americans deplorable, virtually handing Trump the keys to the White house.

HRC has had a decades-long career of tangibly assisting people at the lower rungs of the social ladder.  Coal miners, women, displaced people, wage parity, etc.  Concurrently, Trump was shitting on people, ripping off contractors, money laundering for Russian oligarchs, screwing married women without using condoms, grabbing pussy, pissing off Mexicans, pissing off the Pope, getting pissed on in a Moscow hotel,  ...... yea, we know who the better candidate was.

2 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

Why do es America need a celebrity or tv star to be president?   Why not someone qualified for the job instead of someone from tabloid tv?

Americans grow up with fiction-shows on TV. Note to Trump fans: (Trump didn't fire the people on his silly show. That was all in the script written by others - similar to Trump's State of the Union speech - the words were all written by Miller and Hicks).   Americans are also nurtured by fictional shoot-'em-up movies and comic books.  So, for at least the first 20 years of their lives, many Americans are living in a plastic make-believe world.  They know nearly nothing about the world outside of their plastic bubbles.   That's one reason why Trump was popular among 30% of US voters.  There were other reasons, including Putin's/Russians intense influence, but you already knew that.

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

Trump didn't win the election. Hillary lost it. She was that awful.

Trump cheated.  That's a big part of the Russia investigation.   Side note which hasn't hit the news yet: Guilliani influenced the FBI to compel Republican Comey to release the ridiculous nothing-burger 9 days before the election.  Remember Comey's release?  Yes, the one that said Hillary may have broken the law because someone with sexual problems may have emailed her.  Of course it was a nothing-burger, but by then it was too late.  Even with nearly 2 million more votes than Trump, HRC lost, and the result is the daily nightmare we're experiencing now.  The latest:  Trump can't even find a way to provide comforting words for friends & family of the FL students gunned down.   Trump tried, but was only able to talk about himself and add "there's no collusion."  

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Well you can believe whatever you like. I choose to be alarmed at the amount bodies that lie in the Clinton's wake and the collusion with FBI to spy on Trump's campaign, using illegal email servers with state secrets.  And those are just the things we know about. She makes Nixon look like boy scout.

You choose to be alarmed by a strong liberal woman while ignoring the treacherous activities of the draft dodging man-child - how utterly unsurprising.

Edited by Becker
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Feminism is just one angle of attack. The image of strong and capable father figures is almost never seen these days in media. One would be led to believe they don't even exist.

Huh?? What kind (presentation) of an image are you looking for? 

Soldiers aren't good they're psychopaths and racists,

This ain't the sixties. Times have changed so that's just pure BS.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2018/01/04/americas-most-and-least-trusted-professions-infographic/#151a030c65b5

Male bosses are predators...

Some are, yes. Shouldn't they be held accountable?

....religious leaders are pedophiles.

Some of them are, particularly in the Catholic church. Again, shouldn't they be held accountable?

All of it to prop up the theory of male oppression and multiple victims. Feminism hasn't been about equality for a long time now.

Oh you poor white man. Being one myself I feel your pain - the pain of a victim!!

No golf for Trump on Saturday and Sunday - WH staff convinced that it would look bad given the nearby school shooting - and Melania seems to have ditched him as well, so he went absolutely loony on Twitter with an impressive run of idiotic tweets, of which this Oprah one was one of a dozen or so. Thank goodness they let golf on Monday.

He's really showing some classic Nixonian behavior.

Trump is far worse than Nixonian

“Nixonian” is not the right word to use to describe the behavior of President Trump. In important ways, that characterization smears Richard Nixon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/calling-trump-nixonian-thats-not-fair-to-nixon/2018/02/02/f889ea18-0865-11e8-94e8-e8b8600ade23_story.html?utm_term=.f2f9d31674b6

And Ya Burnt by Thomas Friedman

Whatever Trump Is Hiding Is Hurting All of Us Now

Our democracy is in serious danger.

President Trump is either totally compromised by the Russians or is a towering fool, or both, but either way he has shown himself unwilling or unable to defend America against a Russian campaign to divide and undermine our democracy.

In sum, Trump is either hiding something so threatening to himself, or he’s criminally incompetent to be commander in chief. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/18/opinion/trump-russia-putin.html

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Why do es America need a celebrity or tv star to be president?   Why not someone qualified for the job instead of someone from tabloid tv?
What is 'qualified' exactly? Is it being one of the political class, so politically correct, they can't utter something like 'islamic terrorism' for fear of offending a minority group?

That's the great thing about the democracy that is the US....any American born person, man or woman, can stand, white, black, green, Christian, no religion, etc.

The voters wanted change.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump is a showman and a good one. The US dollar has dropped about 5฿ over the last year, so somebody on a $3000 pension has lost ฿15,000 per month but is he good enough to keep expats and people in the US rust belt still supporting him?
The movement in the greenback can't be blamed on Trump, even if the left wish it that way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

What is 'qualified' exactly? Is it being one of the political class, so politically correct, they can't utter something like 'islamic terrorism' for fear of offending a minority group?

That's the great thing about the democracy that is the US....any American born person, man or woman, can stand, white, black, green, Christian, no religion, etc.

Here let me fix that for you:

A minority of the voters wanted change.

4 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

The movement in the greenback can't be blamed on Trump, even if the left wish it that way.

Well, if Trump and his lapdog Mnuchin say (as they do) that they want a weaker dollar, then "movement in the greenback" can indeed be "blamed on Trump".  

More important however is Trump's wanton increasing of the already huge debt by spending tax-payer dollars (if they still exist) on the totally unnecessary build-up of the American military and the proposed building of a Great Wall of Trumpia...

• Sad 1

Here let me fix that for you:

A minority of the voters wanted change.
And the Electoral College vote wanted change. The old chestnut 'popular vote' has been done to death and it's as invalid now as it was over a year ago.

Trump won fair and square under the existing system. Don't like it? Change the system.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

And the Electoral College vote wanted change. The old chestnut 'popular vote' has been done to death and it's as invalid now as it was over a year ago.

Trump won fair and square under the existing system. Don't like it? Change the system.

I am not disputing the system. I am disputing your contention that 'the voters wanted change'.  The majority of them did not.  If you were referring to the electoral college voters then I agree with your comment, but I don't believe that you meant that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, helpisgood said:

I am willing to buy that Oprah's a sensible, intelligent and well-meaning person.  But, president of the USA?  This sounds like part of the plot to that old movie Network, where the news division is taken over by an entertainment manager leading to farcical events. 

I think my point was better stated by the British comic who plays the character Jonathan Pie, a supposed TV news reporter.  Warning: he does use the "F word" and one other vulgar term to better express his rant (if such concerns you):

Absolutely f###ing brilliant!!!

• Thanks 1

This is a fake issue.

Oprah is not running.

"trump" doesn't want to do the work of president.

He doesn't understand anything about policy and he doesn't care enough about it to learn.

Americans made a tragic mistake electing such a ridiculous con man buffoon. But it happened. 

He does like the pomp and circumstance and the blood sport of campaigns and rallies. 

So this Oprah tweet is just about that. Diversion and something "trump" is interested in. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Speaking of HRC and her server tempest in a teacup:  Not one, I repeat, not one email from HRC has been shown to harm the US any more than a gnat can harm an aircraft carrier.

Conversely, Pence, has been shown to use unsecured email servers and some of his emails discussed legal issues pertaining to Muslim insurgents. 

Nearly every one of Trump's inner circle have been using unsecured email accounts for years.   Trump JR wrote in one email "If it's true, I love it!"  when responding to an email which said he would be shown stolen emails from another US campaign.  P.S. in case you're not sure:  Stealing is a crime in the US, and it pertains to digital media.  People who receive stolen goods which they know are stolen, are a party to the theft.   Ask any pawn shop manager.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I said that about Trump and although I think Oprah would be miles better than the current POTUS, I also think a three legged lesbian donkey would be better than Trump!

Surely better to have a real Presidential candidate rather than media moguls

A three legged lesbian donkey would be less likely to grab your wife's/sister's/girlfriend's/daughter's pussy.  And a 3-leg donkey probably wouldn't try to have sex with its own daughter, and surely wouldn't spend millions of dollars a week going off to play golf.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, boomerangutang said:

A three legged lesbian donkey would be less likely to grab your wife's/sister's/girlfriend's/daughter's pussy.  And a 3-leg donkey probably wouldn't try to have sex with its own daughter, and surely wouldn't spend millions of dollars a week going off to play golf.

Clearly you know more about three legged lesbian donkeys than I do :smile:  But I do concur completely.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

as obama could not run for the presidency the voters would get change regardless.

qualified means either

1.a : fitted (as by training or experience) for a given purpose : competent

b : having complied with the specific requirements or precedent conditions (as for an office or         employment) : eligible

2: limited or modified in some way

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/qualified

being able to say "islamic terrorist" oddly doesn t make one qualified. neither does being a tv personality.

Al Roker was on television for years presenting the weather, he is a tv personality and is "qualified" to present the weather but really not qualified to be president

David Duke can say "islamic terrorist" but in my humble opinion isn t qualified to be president.

Trump was both a tv personality and can say"islamic terrorist", however I feel being a serial sexual assaulter, a liar and a bigot should make his "qualifications" somewhat tarnished.  Obviously you are impressed by his "qualifications' and admire what he is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

We have very different definitions of the adjective phrase; 'fair and square.'

There was an Olympic fencer who had a secret button placed on his suit which he could activate (with his free hand) each time his sword got close to his opponent - in order to score more 'hits' and win the contest.  To a Trump fan, that secret button would be 'fair and square.'

I once thought that about trump as well :sad:

It's hard to imagine any public figure as unlikely as "trump" to win the presidency. Truly a global black swan of epic proportions. Ironic considering his campaign was largely based on white resentment.

The question now is if America will ever live down this massive mistake.

• Sad 1