Divert Shower water to trees

JAS21

Many years ago Mr Builder run the washing m/c water through the fat trap and the sink water pipework around the house ...it blocked a few years ago so I did a new run and put the sink water into the washing m/c.drain line.

Now one of our showers doesn't drain and I realise that it teed into the old sink drain pipe, some distance from the sink of course.

So I have cut into the shower outlet pipework and will divert the water.

Mrs J wants the diverted water to drain to two trees ...to feed the roots ...logistically not a problem ...but is water from washbasin and shower (soapy mainly) OK for tree roots?

She knows that it will not be a good idea to splash bleach about the shower floor ...

The shower room is on the 1st floor so there is enough head to drive the water to where it is required ..

Edited by JAS21

When we built our house, we almost designed  it so both bathrooms  and the washing machine, drain all the gray water  on to the the garden, the bathroom pipes are fixed with extensions, now they are watering some papaya  trees .and some coconut trees

The washing machine pipe being flexible and with an old blue plastic pipe, exsention goes all over, now watering some lime trees ,and another papaya tree.

The bathroom and washing machine are higher than ground level ,so gravity does the work, the pump on the washing machine helps give the wastewater a bit more distance.

Been doing this for 10 years now , never any problems, most are mature trees, have used gray water on young plants.

My theory  is the bleach and bathroom cleaners  get watered down enough  not to do any harm, and Thai  bathroom cleaners are pretty  potent  compared with the ones back home, again no problems .