Turbulent weather before temperature drop later this week

webfact

Turbulent weather before temperature drop later this week

By Thai PBS

37EC88C3-8B5C-49CE-A940-94DFC92FECB2.png

People in the upper north of Thailand are warned of turbulent weather from Wednesday until Saturday, with rain storm and strong wind during the initial period to be followed by a drop in temperature from 2-4 degrees Celsius.

Mr Wanchai Sak-udomchai, director-general of Thai Meteorological Department, said Monday that the anticipated turbulent weather stemmed from the spread of cold spell from China blanketing the northeastern region and South China Sea.

He said that people in the northeastern region will first experience the turbulent weather before it moves to the northern, central and eastern regions as well as Bangkok.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/turbulent-weather-temperature-drop-later-week/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-02-20

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CelticBhoy said:

As maps go this one stands above all the rest as the most useless.

I wager you that 99% of folks looking at that are stymied . . . . . :smile:

Showing where warmer & cooler air meet during a changing season, often a recipe for some "weather events".

An isobaric weather chart, you must remember seeing that on the BBC weather in the UK?

• Like 1

The BBC Weather which has changed recently is the worst presentation they have ever come up with...

Normally people who follow the weather reports are looking for wind direction and strength, followed by rain. That gives you a good idea what to expect....Now...(after watching presenters arms and body covering most of the map), all you get is the satellite photo of what is naturally HIGH cloud. Wind direction arrows fade out so quick, you dont get time to even look at it....

They should return to the presentation used last year for giving details....minus the arm waving, very important presenters in front of the overall maps.

end of rant....lol

4 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Showing where warmer & cooler air meet during a changing season, often a recipe for some "weather events".

An isobaric weather chart, you must remember seeing that on the BBC weather in the UK?

I can read isobaric charts but not this one

• Like 2

Stupid weather map Looks like they are fighting a battle instead of predicting weather I am sorry to say i live in Ubon they say rain coming and the sun shines all day. So i take this with a grain of salt But i will respond sat if they are right 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

Rubbish!!  I can clearly see a one eyed  giant  octopus , Ill be on the lookout for that and take the necessary measures to deal with it, wheres  me frying pan luv!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

Amen brother. I'd even go with 99.999% of folks are stymied!  LOL, wonder what freakin' solar system this alien-hieroglyphics 'weather' map came from? :shock1:

• Haha 1

Lots of info on that map.  The chair at 10:10  shows a low over Isaan.  That other colored snake coming out if China is a front.  Just standard weather stuff.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=weather+map+symbols+key&oq=westher+map+symboks&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l3.9113j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=K0NME7vK0MANWM: