Billy Graham, preacher to millions, adviser to U.S. presidents, dies at 99

webfact

6 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

As expected, the anti-Christian haters are out in force. I don't have anything good or bad to say about Billy Graham. He was a human being like the rest of us. I'm sure he had his good and bad points. If he advised so many presidents, I'm guessing he was doing something right.

Haters is a strong word for people looking for truth. What president showed himself to be "good" as a person ?

14 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Lincoln

Well I don't know much about him but he didn't like criticism (much like Trump today) and closed down 300 newspapers which was against the first amendment and imprisoned over 40,000 people without trial who spoke in favour of the constitution and held them incommunicado until the end of the civil war (he did this so that he could authorize military recruitment and millions of dollars expenditure which was the sole responsibility of congress ) Like everybody else he had his good and bad sides. Can't blame that on Billy though.

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Well I don't know much about him but he didn't like criticism (much like Trump today) and closed down 300 newspapers which was against the first amendment and imprisoned over 40,000 people without trial who spoke in favour of the constitution and held them incommunicado until the end of the civil war (he did this so that he could authorize military recruitment and millions of dollars expenditure which was the sole responsibility of congress ) Like everybody else he had his good and bad sides. Can't blame that on Billy though.

Presiding over a civil war is complicated.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

which could have been avoided

You asked if there was a president who was good as a person, not perfect as a person. He faced America's greatest crisis and came out on the right side of history. Very hard to judge a man who lived in a culture very different than today, without experiencing it first hand.

• Like 1