Nothing to see here! Central officials forbid tourists taking photos as smoke engulfs restaurant

webfact

Nothing to see here! Central officials forbid tourists taking photos as smoke engulfs restaurant

34.jpg

video screenshot

We Love Pattaya on Facebook reported that Central staff ordered tourists to stop taking pictures of an incident that happened at a BBQ restaurant.

Smoke came out of the AKA restaurant as patrons left in a hurry and visitors started using their phones to record what was happening.

The Thai news media said that Central were determined to keep the news under wraps - like incidents when a tourist fell at the store and when a staff member suffocated, said We Love Pattaya without giving any further detail on those matters.

Also the incident was not even reported to the local police or the fire department.

Central staff helped AKA employees remove equipment from the restaurant and erect canvas strips to prevent anyone peering inside.

AKA issued a statement that said an investigation was underway but they initially said the problem was caused when spits from a very fatty piece of beef caught fire.

They tried to assure the public of safety at their restaurant.

The incident happened around 3.20 pm on Wednesday afternoon.

Thaivisa notes that incidents at places like Central commonly do not feature the name of the store though most people can guess quite easily from the details in reports.

Source: We Love Pattaya

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-22

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

These days with everyone having a smartphone its almost impossible to stop photography
I was told no photos in Pantip Plaza years ago with a 35mm film camera ...at the golden stupa on sukhumvit 99 I sneaked a quick snap while the security guard was otherwise occupied in 1996.

11 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Fatty beef .. No good for you're 'elf but good at igniting restaurant's it would appear .. Allegedly .. 

They have some very nice fatty beef there. The fatty beef is the expensive beef. It might not be good for your health, but it tastes good when cooked on a grill.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

They tried to assure the public of safety at their restaurant.

Doesn't sound very safe and by attempting to cover up the event I feel my view may remain.

They seemed to have plenty of paper or material lying around to cover up the windows and that worries me further!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

The problem here is, given the Thai mentality, they could sue somebody that did take photos or videos and then posted them on line, claiming it hurt their business, cast the store in a bad light, etc.

Good luck with that if it was an overseas tourist. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Somchai Logic said:

Yep, these clowns completely disregard any Safety logic. Primarily because foreigners have no idea how the laws of physics work here. Fire and Safety not same your Country Mr.  :cheesy:

Who are "these clowns" exactly?

Or maybe the clowns in the TVF Fire Brigade don't actually know what happened--could have been mostly smoke, small blaze quickly extinguished, happens sometimes in most countries I guess--and merely jumped on the incident as usual to troll and assert their expertise and superiority.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

Central has their own health and safety team and it looks like small fire that didn't even trigger the sprinkler

They are quite organized when there's jumpers too, having a barrier that they can erect over the body to prevent people gawking and taking photos until the police/coroner arrive. Most place in Thailand would afford you a couple sheets of newspaper

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In my village a man shot a kid dead for stealing fruit from a tree on his land and the police didn't get involved. Just the way it is here.

Care to fill us in on the real story?   There's more to it for sure.

You know as well as the rest of us that that is pure BS.

11 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Care to fill us in on the real story?   There's more to it for sure.

You know as well as the rest of us that that is pure BS.

Okay. The kid was shot dead for picking fruit, then the father of the dead kid went and shot and killed the man who killed his son, also injuring his wife who died several months later from her injuries. My wife recently went to her funeral. The boy's father moved away for a while and is now back living in the village as if nothing happened. I don't care if you think it's BS. I really have no interest in what you think.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Okay. The kid was shot dead for picking fruit, then the father of the dead kid went and shot and killed the man who killed his son, also injuring his wife who died several months later from her injuries. My wife recently went to her funeral. The boy's father moved away for a while and is now back living in the village as if nothing happened. I don't care if you think it's BS. I really have no interest in what you think.

Fair enough and likewise I might add:

"The boy's father moved away for a while and is now back living in the village as if nothing happened. I don't care if you think it's BS. I really have no interest in what you think"

23 hours ago, tropo said:

They have some very nice fatty beef there. The fatty beef is the expensive beef. It might not be good for your health, but it tastes good when cooked on a grill.

Is this the same as ' marbled ' beef I've heard is served in some Japanese Restaurants Tropo .. Either way I'll give it a miss but thanks all the same .. 

10 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Is this the same as ' marbled ' beef I've heard is served in some Japanese Restaurants Tropo .. Either way I'll give it a miss but thanks all the same .. 

Read up on the latest dietary research.   Oh and BTW eggs don't raise your cholesterol levels. 

14 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Yes, it has to be marbled to be really tender, however, some of it is nearly pure fat. This is not health food, it's a delicacy to be enjoyed as such. No one goes to an ice cream shop to eat healthy food - it's the same when you eat expensive special Japanese style beef that you barbecue on lard. It's purely for the taste experience on special occasions. I don't think too many people live on it.

Don't feel guilty when you eat it - enjoy it!!

2 hours ago, tropo said:

Yes, it has to be marbled to be really tender, however, some of it is nearly pure fat. This is not health food, it's a delicacy to be enjoyed as such. No one goes to an ice cream shop to eat healthy food - it's the same when you eat expensive special Japanese style beef that you barbecue on lard. It's purely for the taste experience on special occasions. I don't think too many people live on it.

Don't feel guilty when you eat it - enjoy it!!

Love to Tropo but the Oncologist who treated me for Colon cancer was of the opinion that red meat can be a contributing factor .. And who was I to argue so now as much as I would love to tuck in to a nice steak I have to follow a fairly mundane diet that avoids red meat wherever possible .. But thanks once again for the info on it .. ?