Dramatic video shows Pattaya tour bus write off 18 motorcycles

webfact

In Pattaya klang 2 days ago I watched a tour bus heading east to Sukhumvit blast thru a red light at full pelt. Not unusual u may think but the light had already been red for 2 minutes, the west bound traffic had just stopped and the north bound traffic had just got a green light to cross. Any mc that took off quickly would be wiped out, and this was outside a police box....the drivers dont care, they are bigger ! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Such selective perception conveniently ignoring that Thailand built the BTS and MRT. Just finished The Tunnel, which has greatly helped the traffic on Suk around Klang w/ more to come. Such attempts to reduce traffic chaos are greeted w/ sneers on TVF, however.

Bangkok as it should be, civilized, no traffic chaos, room for families to stroll contentedly in the evenings. Expats enjoyed the servility appropriate to their high stations as the Thais were in such poverty. It was wonderful then, you may remember.

LookingNorth.jpg.6ce30d360e0e718ee516dc597be7c9bf.jpg

But then it choked on its own greed! OH NO! And that lead to this uncivilized disaster! THAILAND. And then the hellish brain-eating Whither Thailand and Whither Pattaya space monkeys began to plague expats.

Bangkok_skyline.jpg.87ae0dabbad2d7115b840e26c11ca9f4.jpg

Pattaya's progress towards a similar disaster must be stopped NOW.

Bkk is as big a horrible hole as it is possible for a big horrible hole to be, so I don't know why you are holding the big horrible hole as some sort of horrible hole for Pattaya to have an aspiration to become. 

Pattaya is already a horrible hole, so I don't see why anyone would want it to become a bigger horrible hole.

PS, Pattaya may be a horrible hole, but I'd rather live in that horrible hole than the smaller horrible hole of Chiang Mai.

BTW, the only thing the Pattaya city authorities want to do with trees is cut them down, eg along the beach.

There used to be a nice little park at Bali Hi and they built a useless car park on the trees instead.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mok199 said:

ya'all listening yet,as I have been ranting about this for 5 years now...they have thrown this city pattaya ''under the bus''..in the beginning the bus traffic was limited to beach rd ,now all the small sois and narrow roads are used by buses to park and sleep and avoid the very traffic they themselves have created ,as they pull down lower hanging trees and power lines to these drivers any road is fairgame and any speed and or rpm is ok...screaming around belching smoke..the tour bus and its drivers ,in my opinion is the #1 problem now facing urban pattaya..these filthy buses should be parked outside the city and never allowed into city limits...most other civilized countrys are trying to reduce traffic chaos, while Thailand has no respect for anyone or anything,until pattaya comes to a standstill and chokes on its own greed..do not blame this on the Chinese,they just ride around in comfort while we on the ground suffer....and I suggest to anyone who thinks this is an over reaction..come down to pattaya at 8 am any given day.....it is simply insanity and out of control...

I agree. I live in Cosy Beach, off of Pratamnak Road. The roadways are beat to death, full of pot-holes, trash everywhere the buses park and generally out of control. Bus drivers park where they want, often under the noses of the police box at the "5-points". What a mess, and the responsibility for this is?

5 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

IMHO I would think that the city authorities are the problem - in allowing this to happen. :coffee1:

haha first I had to goggle IMHO....its not even the buses them selves although most are old and need upgraded....I have sat and watched beach rd..with the buses screaming down the rd at high speeds, and then watched as they were in a slower traffic ...and I must admit...if the drivers obey the speed limits 40 kmh and do not use ecssesive rpms, it changes everything....moving the volume of toursits we see now in pattaya is no easy chore but if the drivers would respect laws and the fact this is a beach resort not a freekin speedway,park in designated parking areas,shut off engines when not in use etc etc...it could work for all of us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mok199 said:

haha first I had to goggle IMHO....its not even the buses them selves although most are old and need upgraded....I have sat and watched beach rd..with the buses screaming down the rd at high speeds, and then watched as they were in a slower traffic ...and I must admit...if the drivers obey the speed limits 40 kmh and do not use ecssesive rpms, it changes everything....moving the volume of toursits we see now in pattaya is no easy chore but if the drivers would respect laws and the fact this is a beach resort not a freekin speedway,park in designated parking areas,shut off engines when not in use etc etc...it could work for all of us.

Thank you. Your points certainly validate my opinion. The drivers will do what they can get away with, unfortunately. No enforcement = a 'free for all'. :sad:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Wow! He did a good job of collecting everything, all while being on completely the wrong side of the road. Cant wait to hear the excuse.

Aww w com'on...'can't wait to hear the excuse.'....the brakes failed, wot else?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

“It’s hell in Pattaya with hundreds and hundreds of poorly maintained polluting buses driven by morons pouring in every day”, read the caption which accompanied the video.

Now THAT is what I call a clear and concise summary of the situation here.

When I go on my daily morning walk in Jomtien around 6:30 in the morning, the last section is (unfortunately) along the main road (Tappraya Road). Every morning I see strings of these giganormous tourist coaches roaring by at full speed, one after the other, more than half of them sending massive clouds of stinking black smoke into the air (and the lungs of everyone around).

I can't find a verb that's strong (and rude) enough to express how much I dislike them, the companies that run them, the Rambos on steroids (and God knows what else) who drive them, the system that welcomes them, and the non-existent authorities that let this outrageous pollution go on and on because they're too busy setting roadblocks elsewhere, where they can fleece farangs on motorcycles (mostly) for whatever reason.

Grrrrr....

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wedders said:

I did ?

[Edit: by the way I'm pretty sure I spelt 'hundreds' correctly in the original ;) Don't mind not being cited but at least quote me correctly ?]

Well it's good to know that your spelling is ok even if every other thing about your "caption" is inaccurate and wrong.  And I do mean every single thing that you said.

This is reported so poorly.

Clearly the driver is the guy running after the bus. Why would a bystander feel such urgency to chase a 10 ton bus. Couldn't give a crap about the drivers excuses. Climb into the bus pull on the handbrake and if it doesn't work ground the bus and fine the operators 5 million baht. 

Bet the handbrake doesn't fail after that

Where is that report?

Below is a on a Facebook group posted by the Cafe the video is taken from.

“Until now there is no "official" version...driver said he used a wood to prevent this...but bus passed over...so far...no one have seen any piece of wood that could be considerable big enough to stop a bus plus...what does he mean he used a piece of wood? What about breake or N gear...there is no brain here...”

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app